It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls and Shoes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by inanna1234

I prefer bare feet; I like to feel the earth and it's actually alot healthier for your body too because you pick up the earth's natural vibes that keeps the body in balance and I understand you live longer.
]

Ah, another barefoot fan. I do love to be barefoot very much... But I do have shoes.

Actually more than most guys will admit.

I have two pairs of work boots.( One swat team style and one hiking style). One pair of running shoes and two pairs of sandals.

But when I can I do go around barefoot. But again, during sit x it may not be safe to go around barefoot... There could be things that are not safe to walk on barefoot.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I prefer bare feet; I like to feel the earth and it's actually alot healthier for your body too because you pick up the earth's natural vibes that keeps the body in balance and I understand you live longer.

I have a pair of mountain boots, sports shoes, Italian sandles and jandels......but I make up for lack of shoes in jewelry (being a jewelry designer I'm surrounded with it with nice frocks)
edit on 27-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever done baredoot dancing? I use to do it alot, it was really fun!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

My husband, who thinks ATS and conspiracies are nuts even has a bag packed on the floor of his closet I notice.

[]

You mean we aren't? Awww and here I thought I finally found my home.

Kidding of course.

Actually that is one thing I have not done. Pack a bug out bag. I really need to though.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Have you seen the toilet rolls with padlocks on them via google images?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Lemme tell you somethin,
If I sees me a woman wearing a "5 inch pair of Jimmy Choo’s", she aint gotta worry bout my weapons.

Well unless she's pointing one at me of course.
My wife does actually have an extensive Chuck Taylor collection (no really) and a few vans, they are two of her fav's.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by inanna1234

I didn't even think of the men in dress shoes! A pair of runners in the car, office etc would probably be a good idea for them as well.

Actually I have been doing just that lately. Not for the reasons listed here though. Where I work I have to wear steel toe work boots and after working a 10-12 hour shift, my feet are killing me and those boots do get really heavy.

I bring a back pack to work with me every day and keep it in my locker. I have my regular shoes ( Runners) in there so I can change into them after the end of the day. Much more comfortable and don't have to lug around in those heavy boots until I get home.

My boyfriend also does this, he says its uncomfortable to drive with steel toes on

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No but people do tell me I always walk on my tippy toes.....must had been a ballerina in my previous life

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It really isn't comfortable driving around in them... I don't think so anyway.

Especially at the end of the day for me... Those boots sometimes can feel like 50 pound bricks.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I should have been more specific, it's more like a table with a pile of clothes on it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Im a shoe addict, as most women....
Something good to throw on your feet when SHTF w/out notice would maybe be some Vibram Five Finger Shoes... not the best looking things...but good for your feet, can throw them in a handbag and great for those last minute OMG moments...

Only if you are a person that wears them frequently. If not then 15 minutes later people will still not have them on and if you havent ran in vibrams you wont be running for very long.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I hate shoes even if it's cold in the winter I won't wear them unless I'm leaving the house

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Lights out is a fictional book. Very good but still fictional.

If you want a really good book on survival, I'm reading Urban Survival Guide by David Morris and here are a couple good sites to explore.

The link below is the whole entire video and it 2 hours and 14 minutes long, but seems quite interesting.

www.shtfplan.com...

gardenersnet.com...

We all think we are really cozy safe and have no idea that say if a big enough nuclear device was exploded outside our atmosphere but say over Kansas which is almost directly in the middle of America that most of all America would suffer a crippling EMP that might take 2-3 years (watch the video, our government doesn't keep extra big transformers and they are not made in America / go figure, I'de have a couple thousand of them suckers deep deep deep under a mountain vault if I were President)

Much of what is in Lights Out by David Crawford is based on research, my understanding is he knows and spoke with a lot of different people who have various areas of expertise.

If we were surprised with a EMP we wouldn't get radiated, we would be thrown back to the stone age.

I grew up on a farm for awhile so I know how to mend fences, milk cows, feed, water and care for cows, sheep and chickens and plow and harvest with a tractor (but with a EMP) the newer tractors wouldn't work because they all have electrical circuitry which would be fried.............in Lights Out Half Fast aka: David Crawford stated that all cars made past I think it was 1972 would not function also, but than what about gas and food which the trucks, trains and airplanes transport (they like wise would be fried because of the above/electrical circuits fried).

Yep, Lights Out was a fantastic read. I got it free when it was a ebook and 611 pages.

I'm going to buy a hard copy...............oooops just thought, EMP, No ATS, no PC

Also, no water because all of our water is run through you guessed it sanitation systems that are managed by computer systems and electricity.

If you lived in a Amish house with a manual pump, and knew how to grow your own food and had farm animals you would be okay but than with no policemen, no law and order, you would have roving (huge gangs) of not very nice people so you would need a lot of guns and amo and a group of friends to help watch your back.

Got to say, Lights Out is one of the top top 5 fictional reads and I've read a lot of books. This was one story that personally kept me up for three days and prompted me at 58 to take a defense class, buy a rifle and amo and regularly go to a rifle range.

My youngest son worked at Target and quit the day after Black Friday.............he witnessed two women really battling it out over some stupid toy (the last great one).

Now imagine if there were several families and one can of corn left on the grocery shelf.

Pretty spooky..................humans, even nice ones will do some pretty strange things to survive.

The senator says that the more urban areas (with more people) will get real scary first because the more rural people know how to hunt and farm still. They're self sufficient save for electricity.

The Amish would know how to survive, but they had better have guns and enough amo to head off the urban trekkers marching upon their farms.

City folks, for the most part work and stop off at Jewel, Kroger or SuperK and buy dinner there.

We really aren't aware for the most part how much we depend upon our system now, we've become addicted to lights, cell phones, PCs, freezers, frigs, TV's, hot showers, flush toilets, the whole gamut that our current power provides.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added site, grammar and spelling error

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes...absolutely!

You must have an alternative pair of shoes when wearing Jimmy Choo's!

While I can appreciate the signifigance of your thread...being prepared for the worst and all that....I Get it.

I really do. But, this thread kind of rubbed me wrong in a materialistic kind of way.

Just saying....The last thing I will be thinking about if and when TSHTF, will be my shoes. Maybe a day or two into the chaos, I might give it a thought or two...maybe I will even think about this thread for all I know.

But, I will bet money that I'll be more concerned about other things for the time being.

edit on 27-5-2011 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You would definately like Earthing by by Clinton Ober, Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D. and Martin Zucker.

Excellent book, talks about how we have disconnected ourselves from the earth's magnetic grid.

Just 30 minutes a day (in warm weather
) barefood on grass or dirt really has done wonders for me. I actually feel better both mentally and physically.

Earthing, Great book!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b831196e2a84.jpg[/atsimg]

Talks about survival and thriving in our modern day world by taking off those shoes and using the Earth's magnetic healing grid to heal and reconnect us.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

No but I'm going to google it straight off.

When I did work in a office it took forever to get enough tissue to just take care of business. The rollers just are made to roll you like two squares.

God could you imagine no tp

No hot showers, deodorant, microwaves, dishwasher, lights, PC.........that last one would kill me, I have like 300 paper books but now close to 1,300 electronic books on a thumb drive.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Since my job got outsourced to India I pretty much run around barefoot or in my slippers unless I have to go out.

I must be the only ATS person here with about ten pairs of shoes, some are pretty old.

When I was in my 30's and 40's I had tons of high heels.

At 50, well for me, life is too short for sore feet and I threw my high heels out.

The only person I have to impress now is my dog so barefoot it is (unless I have to pop to the store).

When you get older, you worry more about falling and really having a nice pair of sneakers that grip are pretty much what I wear.

Still to feel feminine I have some knock out lacy undies so don't be fooled, next time you see a grandma in the store with her jeans, tee and sneakers (she might be wearing some knock out sexy stuff you can't see
)

My feet feel so much better now that I don't have to wear shoes all the time.

My husband says I'm nicer too.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar spelling

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

L.L.Bean's duck boots, Muckboots, leather horseback riding boots, sports store boots. When people stop mowing lawns snakes and ticks will be a problem. I don't own any high heels I am 5'10". Tennis shoes and crocks are some of my favorites.
Lands end makes great water sandles. Crocks are good for house slippers, outside shoes, and as water shoes at the beach. Collecting water to drink from the creeks, and fishing would require water shoes.
edit on 27-5-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Yes...absolutely!

You must have an alternative pair of shoes when wearing Jimmy Choo's!

While I can appreciate the signifigance of your thread...being prepared for the worst and all that....I Get it.

I really do. But, this thread kind of rubbed me wrong in a materialistic kind of way.

Just saying....The last thing I will be thinking about if and when TSHTF, will be my shoes. Maybe a day or two into the chaos, I might give it a thought or two...maybe I will even think about this thread for all I know.

But, I will bet money that I'll be more concerned about other things for the time being.

edit on 27-5-2011 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

Trust me, when your feet hurt and you can't run in your heels, you're not going to view it as materialistic. Some people have to wear heels, steel toe boots, dress shoes etc. everyday. I think something as basic as a back up pair of shoes if you wear uncomfortable ones all day is important.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

L.L.Bean's duck boots, Muckboots, leather horseback riding boots, sports store boots. When people stop mowing lawns snakes and ticks will be a problem. I don't own any high heels I am 5'10". Tennis shoes and crocks are some of my favorites.
Lands end makes great water sandles. Crocks are good for house slippers, outside shoes, and as water shoes at the beach. Collecting water to drink from the creeks, and fishing would require water shoes.
edit on 27-5-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

I'm also 5'10 well I think I actually measue 2 mm under 5'10 lol

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

and a pair of jandels

Jandels ... Chur.....Respect! We call them thongs in OZ but most Aussies know what you mean .... To Meke!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join