It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls and Shoes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Oh,I just love italian shoes and I miss my 3" heels

My feet don't miss them,but I do.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well, that doesn't really make it much better in my opinion...not to derail the topic but, isnt that a bit materialistic...to buy shoes just to have in your wardrobe....

What's the point? I honestly ask that question...why?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

I understand where you are coming from...believe me. I was simply turned off when I read about all the stupid overly priced, overly hyped, brand named shoes...

Who cares what brand of shoes you have on. They are either comfortable and functionable or they aren't.

If you are in a position where you have to wear shoes not fit for the occassion then, absolutely, Prepare!

But, who gives a flip about Jimmy Choos....just saying.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

I understand where you are coming from...believe me. I was simply turned off when I read about all the stupid overly priced, overly hyped, brand named shoes...

Who cares what brand of shoes you have on. They are either comfortable and functionable or they aren't.

If you are in a position where you have to wear shoes not fit for the occassion then, absolutely, Prepare!

I am with you. What really bothers me is how many starving children could be fed for the price of those ridiculous designer shoes, and the child slave labor it took to make them. You can put pair of high heels for $20 and one of those designer ones next to each other and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. to me if someone is bragging that they own these types of shoes, one I think they are shallow, two, they aren't all that bright, three I wonder if they really love the shoes or have they been conditioned in to believing that they do by a system designed to profit off of gullible people.

Harsh I know, but it has to be said.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I hear some of you on here complaining about people spending $$ on designer shoes and talking about starving children...
I think you have a good heart, however...if they make the $$ to buy them, who cares....if you prep, you have food for those kids at your house right now...are your cabnet's empty or are they full of food?
Why don't you give all your preps to the needy to help them...

I can tell you why we don't...or at least for me....if a person is down on there luck fine, I would buy them a meal, but will not give them $$...if they will work for it, thats even better, I am not a charity and many just wanna con you to get something for nothing.....if a person will not do a honest days work for an honest days wage, then they are a mooch and a product of the system and the only way to fix that...is to not contribute to there system...meaning do not give them anything for free, make people earn it...you hopefully earned what you have, so why shouldn't they?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

I am with you. What really bothers me is how many starving children could be fed for the price of those ridiculous designer shoes, and the child slave labor it took to make them. You can put pair of high heels for $20 and one of those designer ones next to each other and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. to me if someone is bragging that they own these types of shoes, one I think they are shallow, two, they aren't all that bright, three I wonder if they really love the shoes or have they been conditioned in to believing that they do by a system designed to profit off of gullible people.

Harsh I know, but it has to be said.

Honestly I've never found a pair of $20.00 shoes comfortable. High heels are very uncomfortable and certain name brands are more comfortable than others. I know Nine West is known for making comfortable high heels among other name brands. Plus $20.00 shoes from payless don't last for very long and there cheap. If you buy a better made shoe that might be a little bit expensive, they last longer and actually end up costing you less money in the long run. I like quality items and buy them when I can over poorly made items. Cost isn't always a factor in quality as some expensive things are poorly made just as some cheap items are made very well.

For example there’s a well-known Canadian brand of Yoga pants. They usually run over 100 dollars a pair but they have a five year guarantee. I own several pairs and I even wore one pair throughout my pregnancy and I still wear the same pair today. They didn't lose their shape at all and still fit the exact same way they did before I had a child and look brand new. It’s been over three years!

There are many name brands that are made in North America or Europe from qualitiy items that don't use sweat shops etc. For example Jimmy Choo shoes are usually made in Italy. The last time I spoke to my cousins in Rome, they didn't have any sweat shops. Update me if they changed their child labour laws? Usually these items cost a little more but your supporting your local economy when you do so and not supporting sweat shops. There is a much bigger chance that a $20. pair of shoes was made in a sweat shop. If you have strong morality issues, you would never buy this shoe. Your also supporting the decline of the American economy and the rise to the Chinese economy when you buy "cheap" made in China products.
edit on 29-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

From the research I did on Jimmy Choo's the leather comes from Italy but the shoes are still assembled in china.
The bags as well. So your argument goes completely out the window because you are supporting child labor by buying these shoes.

There are still quite a few company's that make $20 shoes, here in the U.S. and are very comfortable and last a long time.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

From the research I did on Jimmy Choo's the leather comes from Italy but the shoes are still assembled in china.
The bags as well. So your argument goes completely out the window because you are supporting child labor by buying these shoes.

There are still quite a few company's that make $20 shoes, here in the U.S. and are very comfortable and last a long time.

Well I'm not here in the USA am I? And many Jimmy Choo shoes are made and manufactured in Italy. Some are manufactured in China but most are made in Italy. Show me your research that says most Jimmy Choo shoes come from China?
Please also tell me a name brand of $20.00 shoes (high heels) that not only last years, are stylish, made in North America and feel very comfortable? In Canada the only thing $20.00 will get you is a flip flop and that's if your lucky (and it will be made in China)
You will also have to buy the flip flop at a store like Walmart that destroys local business
edit on 30-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Maybe some shoes are made in Italy but a quick Google search of Jimmy Choo made in china will turn up plenty that were made there. Considering I could care less about shoes, I saw more than enough to make me ill. As far as comfort goes I only wear heals when I absolute have to which is rare, but because I can't stand wear shoes, I am pretty picky about how they feel and I have never had a problem finding American made ones that are comfortable. I could care less about stylish. I wear what I like, and what I find comfortable, I will never grasp the concept of "trends" if people are doing it to look good for others they have issues. I brought up American made because of your comment

These people are the reason why the American economy is falling to China

I will give you credit for that, its true. Unfortunately there are a lot things you can't get made in America any more, but there are plenty of us who do what we can, like only buying food from local farmers and shopping at family owned stores. I would rather spend my money paying extra for that than paying for a "name."

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Jeez...thank you for seeing it from my perspective!

I understand being prepared but, who gives a crap what brand of shoes you have on or what you have in your "wardrobe".

Having said that, I completely understand what the op is trying to get across to females that have to wear dress shoes at work.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You seem to know a whole lot about things that will serve no purpose if TSHTF.....You might want to read up on things that actually serve a purpose in the world and for your own well being.

good luck my friend.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234

Well I'm not here in the USA am I? And many Jimmy Choo shoes are made and manufactured in Italy. Some are manufactured in China but most are made in Italy. Show me your research that says most Jimmy Choo shoes come from China?
Please also tell me a name brand of $20.00 shoes (high heels) that not only last years, are stylish, made in North America and feel very comfortable? In Canada the only thing $20.00 will get you is a flip flop and that's if your lucky (and it will be made in China)
You will also have to buy the flip flop at a store like Walmart that destroys local business
edit on 30-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

I don't think defending uber consumption is the best topic to try to rally for...honestly. You do understand that people have lost jobs, homes, etc....

Do you honestly think the majority of people are concerned about the brand name of the shoes they have on?????

As long as they are functionable for the situation...most people are probably alright with their generic, non-brand name, GD shoes!

Just saying!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Are you talking to me?
If so great..your entitled to your opinion...as for a SHTF event...well have you ever been to a country that the SHTF? I have and simple things like sented soaps, shampo's, lotions, and cofortable shoes or a pair of heals are not really needed, but they are very desired by woman that want to feel normal again...sometime when your without for long periods of time you realize that certain little things in life...might not matter...but you sure do like to have or use them, if for just, to remember a better time in your life.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

The topic is

Girls and Shoes

The discussion is about having sensible backup shoes and not where the leather from the shoes comes from, yoga pants, starving children or designer shoes.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

Please refrain from large, nested quotes.
Big Quote – Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon May 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Admittedly, high heels are because of us men. But even men have some shoe choices to make. As this video may prove (well, yes, they're more comfortable than what women have):

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join