It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish police fire at peaceful protesters in Barcelona

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Somebody
anybody
make a sign
make a shield
make a shield with a sign on the front "no me pegas"
defend yourselves
when the time comes
www.allgreatquotes.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
mi dios! que pasa con esa mierda monarquía ?
mis amigos de españa estan en lucha, indignada estoy de ver la violencia con que responde el gobierno!

government couldnt find another way to answer the claiming of equality and wealth for all our bro/sis? the common and usual response... violence! why why why!!!??? open your ears and eyes governments, the time its here! you will not stop it, its growing, its exploding in front of your faces! the world wants FREEDOM of this FS&%%

Do you think is just Spain? beware corrupts! beware oppresors! you dont have more fit in the world, the world we want to live! so renounce your negative path!

A POR ELLOS COMPAÑEROS/AS

Mi corazón está con ustedes y si pudiera me largaba alla mismo Barcelona que es mi segunda patria para gritar libertad... BASTA! but time will come for all, stay ready, revolucion will reach all the corners of this world

Revolución!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hello All, it is shocking. Please don't forget Germany!!!!
Fall last year. About 1500 peaceful protesters, most of them school children ages 11 to 18, many elder people and handicapped people protested peaceful in our park. Police marched in with water cannons and tear gas. The video speaks for itself. Alltogether, through emergency texts and emails more than 3500 protesters came to the park. Peaceful!!!!
( trying to embedded video, can somebody help me please, thank you)
Link: www.youtube.com...
Background (a very quick overview):
In Stuttgart they want to built a train station, which will cost about 7 Billion Euro. We have a trainstation and there is no need for this new one. Many trees and a big part of our Park (kind of like Central Park/NY would have to be destroyed.
People have been protesting against this for many many month now, rallying almost every month with up to 100000 protesters marching through the city and also every single Monday for the last 70 weeks, with up to 10000 people. Always peaceful, always!
This very fateful Thursday, a big group of school children as well as some retired folks and some of the regular protesters met in the park, to protest, mostly to save the trees. This is the day, the government chose to bring in heavy forces. Please know, the city knew about the school children being there. In Germany you have to report if you want to march/protest, in advance. The forces have been called from different parts of the country, which took days to plan. Understand, this was planned!!!!

Watch the video, if you can, it is not easy to watch though. Over 400 people got injured, broken skulls and bones, bruises and two people lost their eye sight from the force of the water cannons. What you see played out over hours! Nobody backed down. The protesters stayed strong. My Brother, right in the middle of all of this.
The outcome: That very night, after the crackdown, Police marched back into the park as well as people with equipment, to tear down some of the trees. ( you see this in the video, beginning and end) The trees were surrounded by 1000 police officers and the officers were surrounded by all the protesters. All was peaceful you just say people crying left and right. My Brother describes it as " the trees were falling like soldiers in the war.
The next day, 100000 people marched peaceful on the streets.
The project has been stopped.....for now.
This Spring, the Green Party has been voted in, and the party has decided to make this project a people vote. If more people vote against it, the trainstaion will not be built at all.
WE HAVE A VOICE!!!!
FYI, conspiracy.....the trainstation is mostly undergound, no need to built,we have one that works just fine, is called 'the heart of Europe", has very weird things going on, less tracks then the one we have right now, .....some say it is just a cover up for Prison camps.....but that is of course just conspiracy.

edit on 27-5-2011 by komisch because: video does not work

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
horrible just horrible. those guys handled it the best way. By not reacting with violence the police don't have a excuse.
but sadly i dont think anything will come from it. people are to easily manipulated. the real revolution will probably come when the next generation grow up being taught by us how to look for the deceit and not fall for the lies. hpefully it wont be to late by then

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Your right, the reason it will spread like wildfire is all the worlds governments are making the power grab at the same time. They wan't resistance and they want to crush it to make an example of the first wave of unorganized resistance.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's been too long since we have remembered our strength. We forgotten much about ourselves in fact. Are we sheep or are we predators?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well this how democracy works people its a falling collapsing system , the two parties always lie and attack each other thinking they are the better then the other party, but in reality all political parties work the same, vote the same, and work for the elites agenda.

Does eupore really need a corrupt system like democracy in place? and to think this what ameirca and G8 states are bringing democracy to libya.

You have my support spain.

Viva the real revolution.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What were they protesting against?..

Or protesting for.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Santh
What were they protesting against?..

Or protesting for.

It is pretty obvious I think. They are protesting against social inequality, criminal politicians, fatcat banksters, imperialistic wars, degradation of environment ... list is almost endless.

You can find their (and mine) manifesto here.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Seems like in every country, the pigs have same mentality. None of them seem to care about the rights or well-being of their fellow countrymen. Not ONE cop will speak out against the senseless attacking of peaceful protesters. They just swing their clubs indiscriminately, beating even women. Can't feel any remorse for these soulless bastards when that peaceful protest is pushed too far and becomes an angry mob.

Cops need to go, period. That experiment has failed...no matter what, if you give people badges and place them above the law, they become corrupted. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I don't know the solution, perhaps communities need to police themselves, but I do know that these #ing pigs need to go. Biggest, most corrupt criminal organizations around are the police forces.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The guys in police costumes are just showing the world what stupid tools they are. They're like mindless robots acting out their programming. I wonder if they have a heart and soul.
edit on 5/28/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I always get the feeling that when TPTB start shooting at civvies, it's like a hallmark card saying "we lost control and are trying whatever it takes to regain it"

I don't see this spreading trough all of Europe though, at least not here in NL, we're way too "American" (read layed back/gullible) in regards to protesting and such. Maybe France and Belgium will join in, seems to be quite some political turmoil there (always looks like that tbh
)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Seen other video's of these cops hitting out indiscriminately at passers-by. Spain is about to explode when these hit viral.

Spanish police has always been known for their brutality so don't count on it, though that brutality (as far as i know) has mostly been projected towards foreigners/tourists so far.

Scary twist

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by A por uvas
If barsa wins expect hell to break loose.
This could be the flame that lights the fire for the spanish.

You mean the feeling of victory is the key to success. You mean the Spanish might carry that feeling to the streets, and infect the other protesters?

I think you are right. People behave different in large groups. Interesting to see.
If they loose the banks will be on fire, the same night. Thats my sort of prediction

No, not different, people act HUMAN in large groups not afraid of opression anymore when they see thay have suppoprt for their cause.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
What type of gun rights do the Spanish population have to defend themselves from this kind of violence?

The USA is one of the only countries where people have the right to bear arms (if not THE only, i wouldnt know for sure)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Two words.

Hit back.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Well this how democracy works people its a falling collapsing system , the two parties always lie and attack each other thinking they are the better then the other party, but in reality all political parties work the same, vote the same, and work for the elites agenda.

Does eupore really need a corrupt system like democracy in place? and to think this what ameirca and G8 states are bringing democracy to libya.

You have my support spain.

Viva the real revolution.

Which two parties?
This is Spain not the USA.

Yes, the current party political systems have failed us but no-one seems to be offering any viable alternatives.
Which 'uncorrupt' system would you have replace 'democracy'?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

It is Summer in Europe, just like everywhere else in the Northern hemisphere,
It is Winter in the Southern Hemisphere, Australia, NZ, South Africa, South America etc.

Police brutality is not acceptable and will not be tolerated in Europe.

A simple and bold statement, but one which Politicians need to understand and understand it well.

PEACE,
RK
edit on 28-5-2011 by Rigel Kent because: to edit text

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Hi I am a follower your from Barcelona and I wanted to tell such things are happening here. First, the camping is being peaceful since the first day. The Minister of Interior ordered to leave the square Catralunya citing concerns of safety and cleanliness, when we know that from the first day has its own system of cleaning so as not to leave the place sucks bone ax lie. After this began to come clean trucks and without a word began to take computer chairs tables (served for tracking continuous social networks and to communicate with the protest in Madrid Puerta del Sol) and all they could. Everything else you have seen in the videos that have been getting. The Councillor also has the cheek to say that is vacated by a possible victory of FC Barcelona soccer team played the final 28 mushrooms, to prevent riots incredible. The good news is that things like this make us realize what we mean really powerful for a big #. At 2 hours we were already denuevo evacuation in the plaza and being 10000 people and it will not stop. Hopefully the domino effect throughout the world as it is already happening in Greece. English Perredon by google. My greeting friends youtube channel Kimdragon1 (mysteries, ufos, conspiracies etc ...)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
cant wait for this to hit home

i rather die standing than living on my knees

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join