It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish police fire at peaceful protesters in Barcelona

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have heard that there is a protest camp in Cartagena also. Can anyone confirm as maybe I will be able to get down there. I have I feeling I need to be on the frontline for this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Seen other video's of these cops hitting out indiscriminately at passers-by. Spain is about to explode when these hit viral.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Yup. This whole thing feels like a fuse has just been lit, everything is going to go off, very soon.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Unfortunately i share the cynical mood. But this sh## has to stop.

I got a son

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

Go and act on the feeling.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I agree and I've got a grandson now!

As Joe himself said;

"Kick over the wall,
cause government's to fall,
How can you refuse it?
Let fury have the hour,
anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Just beginning to watch this video, and it really upsets me, to see how the police state bullies the people, these citizens are doing what they have a right to do, and in come the thugs.

I want us all out there ending this fascist rule in every country, not going home until its over.

Good for them!

This video just sickens me. These crowds are humanity forced on their knees before this fascist thug group. Unbelievable. I wish this video was put on billboards. The whole crowd should have forced those thugs on their knees. Tackled and made them disarm and submit.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I give you an Chaplin speech back, dont know what else to say

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is truly pathetic beating on people that are sitting there not fighting back, with their hands open and puzzled looks on their faces.

Criminals are one thing, but peaceful protest is another.

Hopefully all the videos being taken will have an effect on people worldwide and also let the police, which are people too see what they are doing.

Sometimes a picture is worth more than a thousand words.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My hearth is crying for months.
It is time.
Personally i can not take it anymore. My fuse is burned out

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.flickr.com...

Again a man in a wheelchair

Please somebody emed all the picś i post here. So that we can see it, cause maybe we then feel it a little more

edit on 27-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The thing that keeps popping into my mind whenever these scenes are acted out concerns the mindset of the police.

They are citizens as well... do they not see that the protests are in defense of their future as well?

In countries like Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, they hire "mercenaries" to shoot and kill the protesters, because they are less likely to have moral qualms about doing so. (No NATO intervention there mind you, but that is for another thread.)

Yes, these are rubber bullets, but the mindset is similar, only in this case, the "peace officers" (very Orwellian, I know, "war is peace!") are potentially shooting at their neighbors, not to mention family members. It is a situation I simply cannot understand.

the Billmeister

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If barsa wins expect hell to break loose.
This could be the flame that lights the fire for the spanish.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Gaaaahhhhh, I would and wouldn't want to respond with violence to those police man. I am fueled with anger and strong feelings of peace and mercy at the same time both towards the police force and protesters. @-(

To the police because of their violence and for crying out loud because they are beating human beings! (I won't refer to rights, guilt, innocence or equality or anything else).

And towards the protesters because they didn't took their peaceful act to the extreme (call me unworthy or cruel for mentioning such a thing), or for not taking it the opposite way, and snatch some batons from the police hands and respond the same way, but with ten times more anger.

I was listening the following song before muting it to watch the ones posted on this thread. Meh.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ailailou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
If barsa wins expect hell to break loose.
This could be the flame that lights the fire for the spanish.

You mean the feeling of victory is the key to success. You mean the Spanish might carry that feeling to the streets, and infect the other protesters?

I think you are right. People behave different in large groups. Interesting to see.
If they loose the banks will be on fire, the same night. Thats my sort of prediction

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Probably wasn't the best time to have just booked myself flights for a long weekend in Barcelona, hopefully things will have died down in 2 weeks, dont want a revolutions ruining my only holiday.

On a more serious note, the police were pretty heavy handed, with no badge or identity numbers to be seen. As much as we feel the police are heavy handed here in the uk, at least they are being held accountable.
edit on 27-5-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Probably wasn't the best time to have just booked myself flights for a long weekend in Barcelona, hopefully things will have died down in 2 weeks, dont want a revolutions ruining my only holiday.

Pretty selfish statement, since you didn't put a smiley next to it.

Ohw its your fault i called you selfish, you edited to late. I was free to react

edit on 27-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What type of gun rights do the Spanish population have to defend themselves from this kind of violence?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Thanx xavi

(maybe put the wheelchair attack pic also up?) I know, I am pushing it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join