It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Save The Queen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow. Poor guy. I mean... it's not like vomiting on the Japanese PM's lap but it's pretty close. If you listen really carefully, you can hear the Queen say "I swear to god..."

Anyway, just ignore the Norsk or just skip to the 30-second mark on the video. You could tell he just though the music was good background for his speech.

Video here

Please don't make this into a "bash Obama" thread. Just enjoy it for what it is. It didn't start a war so it's just harmlessly funny.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Oh My...Classic....LOL...well it wasn't completely obvious LOL

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Doesn't matter that Obama didn't know what year it was, doesn't matter that he looked like a complete idiot.

This is Obama. Reserve the laughter and criticism for when Bush or Palin do something less boneheaded.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 second edit rule

edit on 26-5-2011 by Carseller4 because: same

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Us English are so quaint its like some are a century or two behind. LOL.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Edit: Got it.
edit on 26-5-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Us English are so quaint its like some are a century or two behind. LOL.

Yeah... which means us Americans should be on the ball when it come to observing royal etiquette. I'm just glad our war already happened so we can have these crazy shin-digs more often!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How does such a buffoon become a president?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

He needs to be nominated by the GOP.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I see you're from Oz. Canuck here. Yes, we in the Commonwealth get it. There are other cultures out there though.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think I see the issue here but I would like someone to point it out. Because, aside from what I think was mildly wrong here, there's no issue.

He introduced the queen and then somebody queued "God Save The Queen". President Obama should have stopped talking. It would be like if the queen talked over our "Star Spangled Banner". The punchline is at the end when she says "I swear to god..." and Obama looks honestly innocent but you can see it slowly dawn on his face.

This will be one of his legacies. No shame in it, we've all been there. Well not there but... you know what I mean.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And the Queen didn't say "I swear to God". She said "that was very nice".

Don't make stuff up in your threads to try and make something out of nothing.
edit on 26-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
And the Queen didn't say "I swear to God". She said "that was very nice".

Don't make stuff up in your threads to try and make something out of nothing.
edit on 26-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

Sounds like "I swear to God" to me. Now it sounds like "very nice". I guess it's like an EVP; it sounds like whatever is suggested to you. I honestly wasn't making it up, that's what I hear when I watch it. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It appears that the American public must cast their votes blindfolded. Either that, or someone's buying their votes.

I can't think of another reason why a country of 300 million people would consistently elect Presidents who don't appear to know what day of the week it is.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Obama's bungling etiquette aside, I do actually feel sorry for him in this episode. He must have felt pretty stupid making this gaffe on such an occasion.

You have to wince a bit when watching the clip. It's like car crash TV !

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

He was starting his toast to the Queen. GSTQ starts. If you listen to his opponents about his need for a teleprompter, he must be concentrating on his toast. Then it's like, "Oh #, that's God Save the Queen." Liz didn't seem overly concerned.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
ACTUALLY.

she says..."that's very kind"

had to turn up the treble to catch it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i dont feel sorry for the man

never will i have no sympathy,compassion, or remorse for the so called smartest president in us history.

i think its refreshing to see that no matter how high people put obama on his pedstal looking down at all us little people hes a shmuck

and of course this is a non issue for the left.

the man is an idiot and it shows every single day and it has shown every day since his election.
edit on 26-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No, he thinks ''oh #'' when the Queen and nobody else respond to him when he raises his glass three quarters of the way through the anthem. That's when it suddenly dawns on him that he's made a bit of a howler.

Of course, it's not entirely his fault, as he should have been better prepared by his advisers, but still, world leaders should be able to adapt to their surroundings and handle unforeseen situations better.

Instead, he just blundered on with his speech after offering the initial toast and comes out of the episode looking like a bit of a prat.

I still feel sorry for him in this instance, though.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

It appears that the American public must cast their votes blindfolded. Either that, or someone's buying their votes.

I can't think of another reason why a country of 300 million people would consistently elect Presidents who don't appear to know what day of the week it is.

Day of the week? This guy didn't even know what year it was.

But what did you expect from someone who tried to visit all 57 States?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I'm sure you wouldn't want me to go at length about Prince Phillip's mistakes. Those would make this look like a carnival ride of joy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join