It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

God Save The Queen?

page: 2
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
ACTUALLY.

she says..."that's very kind"

had to turn up the treble to catch it.


The more I listen to it, I have to agree. I think I was projecting when I first listened to it


Still hilarious. I studied it a bit more and discovered it's actually the band's fault for mistaking the queue but Obama should have played improvised and stopped. Maybe he did it for his Irish brothers? They don't care much for her.




posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget
 


Well, lets ask BUSH....



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 


It wasn't the band's fault. They struck up correctly, following Obama saying ''I propose a toast...to Her Majesty The Queen''.

There cue was to play following the toast - they weren't to know that Obama was going to make a short speech following it.

He also picked up his glass before the Queen, which is a protocol blunder.

He should have been briefed more thoroughly on the dos and don'ts beforehand.



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm sure you wouldn't want me to go at length about Prince Phillip's mistakes. Those would make this look like a carnival ride of joy.


Prince Phillip's ''mistakes'' ( if that is what you want to call them ! ) have nothing to do with this. He's just a silly old duffer who happens to married to the Queen.

He's not the elected President of the USA.

There's a big difference there.


Although, I have to say that I'm relieved that Prince Phillip was on his best behaviour when meeting the Obamas - that could have been trouble...



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
He's not the elected President of the USA.

There's a big difference there.


True. One has to worry about the political take... Obama. Phillip is just a loose jawed jackass. And he's said and done WAY worse than this. I'm not taking Obama's side but those in glass houses......



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
True. One has to worry about the political take... Obama. Phillip is just a loose jawed jackass. And he's said and done WAY worse than this. I'm not taking Obama's side but those in glass houses......


I think that Prince Phillip making a faux pas would be the equivalent of Michelle Obama making a gaffe. It might be embarrassing for their spouse, but you can't really lay any blame on them as they are just married to the highest official representative of their country.

If the Queen carried on talking over the Star-Spangled Banner, then that would have been of equal embarrassment to Obama's howler.


On the subject of Prince Phillip's ''mistakes'', I've heard a rumour that he does them deliberately to liven up the endless foreign junkets that he sometimes gets bored upon. Sort of like real-life, upper echelon trolling.



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
If you listen really carefully, you can hear the Queen say "I swear to god..."


However, if you listen really, really carefully, you can hear the old duck saying "That's very kind".

If you listen after a few drinks you can hear her say "Spit in your eye"; and if you listen with a cynical ear she says "Who is this guy?"



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Cuervo
If you listen really carefully, you can hear the Queen say "I swear to god..."


However, if you listen really, really carefully, you can hear the old duck saying "That's very kind".

If you listen after a few drinks you can hear her say "Spit in your eye"; and if you listen with a cynical ear she says "Who is this guy?"


I had to give you a star for that. I've already admitted I'm probably wrong about that but I'm gonna go ahead and edit the OP.


edit ps - Nevermind. Apparently, you can't edit an OP after four hours.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The national anthem should actually be 'God Save Us From the Queen'
(and the whole mafia mob)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The Queen, being the exemplary host that she is, attempted to make her guest feel less embarrassed by muttering - through gritted teeth - ''that's very kind'' during her own anthem.

Despite the blundering buffoonery of Obama here, the Queen still showed class, while Obama made a complete prat out of himself.

Every world statesman must know what the British anthem sounds like. If he was visiting a more obscure, low profile country such as Guinea-Bissau, Monaco or Tajikistan, then he could almost be forgiven for not realising that the music being played was the national anthem of that particular country.

I've previously read a lot of criticism of Obama on ATS that I generally considered to be unfair, but, after seeing his monumental howler first-hand in the UK, I realise that some of his critics aren't far wrong, regarding his complete incompetency.

He's ''Dubya'' Mark II.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes
 


In all fairness, without anyone singing words to this melody, Obama might have just thought they were playing our version of the song..."My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty..." It's also obvious from other things he has done that he has never taken cultural studies. He may not even know that the English has a song with that music.


I actually felt sorry for him and at the same time very embarrassed for him as well.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

On the subject of Prince Phillip's ''mistakes'', I've heard a rumour that he does them deliberately to liven up the endless foreign junkets that he sometimes gets bored upon. Sort of like real-life, upper echelon trolling.



I've long believed that to be the case - and also these days I think he does it deliberately to wind up the media



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by lestweforget
How does such a buffoon become a president?


It appears that the American public must cast their votes blindfolded. Either that, or someone's buying their votes.

I can't think of another reason why a country of 300 million people would consistently elect Presidents who don't appear to know what day of the week it is.


Its because we are lied to from all sides. The office of the president is now a position given not by the people but by our media and corporations.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes
 


You obviously didn't see the alternative



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
In all fairness, without anyone singing words to this melody, Obama might have just thought they were playing our version of the song..."My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty..." It's also obvious from other things he has done that he has never taken cultural studies. He may not even know that the English has a song with that music.


I actually felt sorry for him and at the same time very embarrassed for him as well.


Obama knows what the national anthem of Britain sounds like.

There is absolutely no excuse for his cringe-making faux pas. He's just the latest in a long line of figurehead Presidents of the US who don't even know what's what, let alone being someone who has a firm understanding of more complex world affairs.


The anthem that the yanks put their hands on their hearts to is an old English drinking song.

The ''Star-Spangled Banner'' is just a frolicking English pub tune, with naive words attached to it by some quasi-British ''American''.


Let's just wait until the USA creates its own music and words for their country's national anthem...


I think that we'll have to wait a long a time for that...



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join