It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Buy This House? 3 Murders in Eight Years? Yikes!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm from near that area. Silver Spring has good areas and bad areas but overall it's not a super high crime region. The past decade has seen a rise in hispanic gang related crime, as there is a growing immigrant population there, and most are good people but some have formed or brought in gangs. And they get some "spillover crime" related to the drug violence from the neighboring District of Columbia and Prince George's County's drug trade. That particular street is okay. The second man basically invited Maryland's endemic problems right into his home unfortunately.

As for the price, that is what a lot of houses of that style are attempting to go for, even in this awful market. I'm doubtful they will get it, but $500k for a colonial style house in suburban Maryland is not a shocking asking price. Don't forget the neighborhoods bordering the federal government and its contractors and their many high paying jobs are the few in the entire country that are still healthy and strong in this economy, compared to the rest of the nation.

From a paranormal perspective, these older brick homes each give off their own vibe. One house can feel fine and another right next to it just seems to carry a negative or hungry atmosphere to it. I grew up in such a home, though not in Silver Spring, but nearby. My family still lives in that house and we periodically conduct a cleansing on it. I think a lot of the energies will be found to ultimately trace back to the original native American tribes who once populated the area. If I'm not mistaken the house that was the scene of the events in the movie The Exorcist was also in suburban Maryland, somewhere near where I grew up in fact.

To answer the original question, no I would not buy that house. I have enough issues with my own, thanks. I don't need to be looking for trouble. I'm not sure what I believe, but I will err on the side of caution.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

That is awesome. Having someone who actually knows not only the area but the street this house is on. And I concur with you that certain houses have certain vibes...especially if you live where Indians once did. Thanks for the information and opinion. It is appreciated.

CJ

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i wuld want to have it investigated before buying it at least haha and see what the investigation turns up. would be interesting to see

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You are welcome. The thing to keep in mind about Suburban Maryland's older neighborhoods with the smaller homes is that you can find some fairly well to do people living in them right among some serious criminal activity. The drug violence and crime is generally centered in specific areas but these people are highly mobile. They drive into and out of generally good neighborhoods with ease and frequency looking for opportunities or sometimes just passing through, occasionally dumping dead bodies in poorly lit areas or staging robberies or home invasions.

From a paranormal perspective the question about houses like this one can be asked, is there something in the history of the ground the house stands on that can aggregate bad luck of sorts? I think there could be. The region is rich in history of tribes that are now extinct here. When I was a kid we used to be able to find old arrowheads out in the woods...woods that have since been razed and built upon. My mom once claimed to see the ghost of an Indian in our house and around that time we had a dog that used to bark at something I could never see. Kids in the neighborhood told me the children that lived in the house before I did used to complain about hauntings and activity that I myself went on to experience. It was not obvious Poltergeist movie stuff but subtle things a lot of us on this forum complain about, usually being messed with in sleep or odd sounds that can never be explained, or feeling that someone is touching you in the dark. Shadows, shapes, breaking glass that has no obvious cause, etc.

DC itself is believed by some to be constructed and laid out according to occult principles. I have known of some houses that see repeat uncanny occurrences of crime or misfortune while neighboring households fare well. There is one house I know of where the owner kept having the same odd cooking fire break out whenever he would cook a certain meal, no matter how careful he was. That was kind of funny, except he kept having to fix the smoke damage. No he did not have a faulty appliance. It was just one of those odd luck stories that make you think the universe must have some strange hidden rules in place.

Oh and there was a house at the end of his street that kept getting robbed over and over but no other houses ever got touched. Finally the last owners redesigned the house and out up guardian foo dogs on the front stoop and they have been fine ever since, knock wood! Of course maybe the redesign just made the house seem less isolated and a less inviting target. There could be a logical reason after all, so who knows.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'd have to spend a bit of time there alone first to see if I would or not.

It could be bad energy, or it could have bag ghosts left. Or it could have nice ghosts. I dunno. I'd have to meet the occupants.
edit on 14-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join