It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Buy This House? 3 Murders in Eight Years? Yikes!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
You would think something like murder would be under the disclosure clause for realtors.

I would hate to find out I moved into a place like that. Freaking creepy!

When I was house shopping, I came across a house that gave me a VERY bad feeling. I think I have a post around here about it....anyways, my realtor told me that he was not allowed to tell me if there had been a death or murder in the house. Im sure every state is different.

I would buy it....depending on the feeling I got when I entered it. Knowing what happened would not necessarily turn me away...but Ive already gone thru one house where I truly believe something bad had happened....based upon my feelings in the house
edit on May 26th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by ColoradoJens

www.zillow.com...
edit on 26-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: link

515K?
You got to be joking

I'm going to keep n eye on this one..I'll bet it comes way down in price.
No way that place is going to go for that, OMG

Oh How I wish I weree joking!
I'd not live there if the paid me 515k to... On top of that they don't tell you about murders in the place, well they'll have to come down in price now! The whole world knows about it now.

Fannie Mae HAHA I wonder how much of my tax dollars they paid for it? Since we bailed them out and they're asking so much for it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

Starred. bad vibrations, frequencies, something quantum science can't explain yet............My home is very humble, it is ten nice size rooms, but it needs a lot of updating. We seriously need a second full bath (now only have 1-1/2), but our home still feels so good, even a real estate agent driving by and looking at our property, out of the blue said he could get us a very good price even in today's American market............no way, my home although very modest and needs a lot of updating is not for sale - it feels really good, my true sanctuary. A real safe haven, good vibes, we lucked out.

I now understand what my mother in law told me about her and her home, She had said "I want to die within these four walls, they will carry me out feet first from this place".

We feel very fortunate and do not take our good fortune lightly. We are thankful for our humble abode.

Again, the woman that sold us her house (she was the original owner) is a very wonderful person, very spiritually connected and a good person, we lucked out, our land and house that sits upon it is good.

When anyone looks at a home, they must consider their gut feelings about how the home and land it sits upon "feels"..............some places retain negative energy.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I'd like to read that thread!
I am interested in this seeing's how we're trying to get another place now. I am sick of the florida heat, it's time to move!!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Initially, I was going to answer that yes, I would buy a house if people had been murdered in it.
Then I remembered the house we lived in about seven or eight years ago. The woman selling it was lovely, the house was HUGE and going at an incredibly reasonable price. She told us that her disabled daughter and her husband had both died of natural causes in the property on seperate occasions.

Now, I wasn't present for the initial viewings of the house. The first time I set foot in it was on the day we moved in, because it was my parents who were buying it. It wasn't my decision at all. I don't really know how to explain it, but the energy felt saturated. It wasn't a bad feeling, but it wasn't a great feeling. We had some strange occurances on a few occasions and I felt constantly sapped, even acting out of character a few times.

We sold it six months later, because it just wasn't working out.

So no, I wouldn't buy a house if I knew ANYONE had died in it, unless it really felt right. A murder on a property is bad vibes all around.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah. Murder fascinates me (don't misunderstood me). The events that happened in that house make it very special. It makes it really interesting.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It is strange how scared humans are of our dead and places we die which is odd because people are murdered just about everywhere and over a 1000 years most places had some violent death. Someone murdered at the corner you wait for the bus is that different then in the house where you lived...guess it is the knowing about it? I find us strange creatures!
Even the people who believe the spirit goes somewhere seem to be afraid in a graveyard at night..do the go to heaven and hell or stand around the grave you can't have it both ways.
we are not afraid of other creatures hidious deaths by our own hands only our own kind.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Nope. I wouldn't buy this house. Not because the price is outrageous, and not because people have been murdered there. It's just plain ugly!

I also tend to think it's silly not to buy a house because of what happened there previously. Who knows what's happened on the land alone since the beginning of time!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
You would think something like murder would be under the disclosure clause for realtors.

I would hate to find out I moved into a place like that. Freaking creepy!

That is what I was thinking. I remember my family selling our house when I was about 10 and again when I was about 16. Both times we were required to disclose if anyone had died or been killed on the property.

Maybe that is only the State of Texas though? I don't know.

That said, actually yeah, I would buy a house in which people have been killed or died.... Assuming I like the house and the price was right....

I wouldn't buy the house in this news story though... The only scary thing I see about this house is the price tag!

500,000 + is just way above my price range.

I am living in an apartment right now that has been there for 30 + years and I think about all the people that have no doubt died on the property and the possibility that some one may have even died right here in this apartment...

If they did, it does not bother me in the slightest.
edit on 28-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness
Yeah. Murder fascinates me (don't misunderstood me). The events that happened in that house make it very special. It makes it really interesting.

I think that is what the seller of the house is counting on actually. If you look at the sales history of that house on zillow, it was sold for 300k in 2008. I am currently in the market for a house and can say from experience just about everything on the market now has an asking price of same or lower than the sale price from 05-08. 500k they are looking for sell this as a novelty house.

And would I live there? Probably not, too many bad experiences in creepy houses

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't buy a haunted house if it was known to have ghosts, because I don't want my pets suffering. If it was just me...I would be okay...
But this is just murders right? I'm not sure...I'd be weary...and have the house ritually cleansed.

I'm actually not religious at all...but I guess I still have some remnant supersitions that will never go away.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It might be many things in that house. It can be that you can reason with the entities that occupy that space. Because of witch-hunts through the years, the ones with abilities have dwindled. So, perhaps a totally spiritual insensitive person could cope there. There are also high-priests who know of the arcane that could be able to handle such energies. But, the average person in touch with his intuition should use it, and stay away from particular places.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I would be more scared of the community than the house. Murderous communities often hook up their future victims with the same house for cheap. Just so they can have teh pleasure of watching.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
...if that kind of thang freaks you out, dont and i mean DONT watch "Death of a GhostHunter"... it supposed to be based on real events... this lady goes to investigate the ghosts in a house where a father, a mother and three kids were murdered... its cheesy, lol, but i have my moments of depravity, occassionally...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I love a good scare story!! A big group of friends went camping recently and one dad told some ghost stories to the kids (ages 5-11)...kids shat their trousers so to speak but somehow it was necessary...

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
I am not one normally for the paranormal but cinnamon-crispas this might be a good house to investigate. Has any one heard of this? I know that this is not the only multiple murder home in the world, but it just seems very macabre to buy it...yes?

Homicide House on the Market in Silver Spring

If you knew three people had been killed at a house, would you buy it? Brian Betts wouldn’t have bought his Silver Spring, Md., home had he known that a man and his daughter were killed there. Betts, the popular principal at Shaw at Garnet-Patterson Middle School, was found dead in an upstairs bedroom in his home April 15, 2010.

homicide house

ColoradoJens
edit on 26-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Yes, I would, if I liked it in general, because I don't think that it has anything to do with the actual house.
//Millscore

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I love a good scare story!! A big group of friends went camping recently and one dad told some ghost stories to the kids (ages 5-11)...kids shat their trousers so to speak but somehow it was necessary...

CJ

...like the fingernails scratching on the car roof story?...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MillsCore

That's cool. I'd have a hard time knowing of the violence that occured there - I am a non-thinker when it comes to things like this admittedly - pretty lame, eh?

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

YES!!! We told the one about the hook hand that escaped prison and left a hook in the door, one I call "thump squish" and one friend told the story of "robert" the doll in FL that I know has been on ATS!! One hillarious note, he pulled up a pic of "robert" on his I-phone and the kids freaked - we never had multi-media when getting scared shazzless!

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I do think houses can hold negative energy, I lived (very briefly) in a flat that was a 4 in a block and for the entire time I lived there it just felt very oppressive, which was strange considering I'd moved there from a very old (and very haunted) cottage (which I've mentioned before on various threads here) but to be honest the old haunted place didn't bother me as much as this fairly new (approx 50yrs old) building.

My daughter became very withdrawn and I got really quite depressed, when there was no external reason for us to do so. Then tragedy struck, the neighbours downstairs who actually lived in our flat but had moved to the ground floor when a flat became vacant there, who were a mother and her 13 yr old daughter and who we were quite friendly with (my daughter was just 6 months younger than the girl) had a run of bad luck, the mother was diagnosed with mouth cancer and had an operation, but was fortunately given a good prognosis and was well on her way to full recovery, then out of the blue, for no apparent reason at all, the young girl hanged herself in her bedroom...it was just so awful.

There was an elderly lady who lived across the landing from us and had lived in the building since it was built then told us that this was the 4th suicide in the building, 2 of them had been in our flat, one in the flat directly below us and of course now one in the flat below her...We moved out immediately, I can't even drive past the place now and although my daughter and I go and put flowers on the girl's grave on the anniversary of her death and on her birthday, neither of us ever talk about the time (less than a year) that we lived in the property, it just gives us a really bad feeling, just typing this out is giving me the shudders, yet we have no problem discussing the old haunted cottage or any other place we've lived, but that experience has convinced me that buildings can hold evil, even if they're not haunted, yet haunted places are not necessarily evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join