It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Buy This House? 3 Murders in Eight Years? Yikes!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am not one normally for the paranormal but cinnamon-crispas this might be a good house to investigate. Has any one heard of this? I know that this is not the only multiple murder home in the world, but it just seems very macabre to buy it...yes?

Homicide House on the Market in Silver Spring

If you knew three people had been killed at a house, would you buy it? Brian Betts wouldn’t have bought his Silver Spring, Md., home had he known that a man and his daughter were killed there. Betts, the popular principal at Shaw at Garnet-Patterson Middle School, was found dead in an upstairs bedroom in his home April 15, 2010.

homicide house

ColoradoJens
edit on 26-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sure.. if the price was right. I live in a century old historic home with a history thats made for movies.. but no real problems here. Noisy, but nothing more that I can tell.
You can pick up a "distressed" property pretty darned cheap sometimes!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You would think something like murder would be under the disclosure clause for realtors.

I would hate to find out I moved into a place like that. Freaking creepy!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
sure i would...if they gave me a discount because of ghosts

any further attempted murders while i live there would be slightly hindered with my nice collection of guns and knives

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
I am not one normally for the paranormal but cinnamon-crispas this might be a good house to investigate. Has any one heard of this? I know that this is not the only multiple murder home in the world, but it just seems very macabre to buy it...yes?

If you knew three people had been killed at a house, would you buy it? Brian Betts wouldn’t have bought his Silver Spring, Md., home had he known that a man and his daughter were killed there. Betts, the popular principal at Shaw at Garnet-Patterson Middle School, was found dead in an upstairs bedroom in his home April 15, 2010.

homicide house

ColoradoJens

Well clearly none of it had anything to do with the house, i thought they were getting at like ahouse with eveil that grabs the owners or friends and makes them kill...this is just common murder... How many houses have been broken into and burgulars killed the people....and the 3rd guy invited a stranger over and left the door unlocked for him (them)...hummmm asking for danger...nothing at all to do with the house.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Not even got too much Rage within it that may effect my kids dreams.

Be well

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Someone dying peacefully in the house. Sure, that's okeedokee.
Murder? Suicide? No, not if it was recent (within the last 15 years). If the murder was a really aggravated situation (like a dismemberment, ect.), no freaking way.
The older the house the more chance of someone dying in it. It used to be people died at home as a general rule...now they mostly die in hospitals.
But the anguished residuals from a recent murder or suicide may still be hanging around.
Depending on the State you are in they may not have to disclose that info...better to do some research and talk to neighbors that have been there a while.
If I were looking at a potential home I would definitely ask about it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yeah no thanks

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

i think there are a few people who would pay extra to obtain this real estate. some folks are fascinated by or attracted to the morbid and unusual. for hardcore Halloween lovers that house is like a trophy, the spook factor is huge.

there are lots of homes near cemeteries. i wouldn't mind the peace and quiet. our house is on a corner lot of an intersection. very loud, too loud.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Interesting post.

Some places accumulate "negative energy"..........when we looked at homes the one we bought and still own (27 years) just "felt right". It had and still has "positive energy".

Both my husband and I knew after just a couple minutes inside that this home was the right one for us.

I have been places that "felt negative" and try to avoid these places.

We are multi dimensional beings trapped in a 3d container (body). When murder occurs, not once but three times, you have to wonder, maybe the neighborhoods just dangerous or maybe some negative energy has just accumulated and is stuck there?

Would I buy that house. What I saw, it's a pretty cute house................but I wouldn't live there if they gave me the house free and clear.

Just superstitious.

Possibly it's in a bad neighborhood, full of gangs or thugs?

Having a child die in the house is really tradgic.

The woman we bought our house from was the original owner, and while our kids moved us in and out her and I sat on a couple crates and had tea together...........it was a nice no game playing experience, she had seven kids and her husband left her (and the kids) to "find himself in California".

Even with the housing market being in a slump, I had a real estate guy offer to buy our house, he said it's nice but I declined, we like right where we're at.
edit on 26-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

This should be a cautionary note for people who "hookup" on social sites and chatrooms:

"Betts, the popular principal at Shaw at Garnet-Patterson Middle School, was found dead in an upstairs bedroom in his home April 15, 2010.

He’d connected with the gunman who killed him, Alante Saunders, the previous day via a social chat line.

Saunders and two other teenagers went to Betts’s home with the understanding that the door would be left unlocked, police said. They entered and Saunders went upstairs."

Not the house's fault..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How about this house that has been vacant for over 50 years after a murder-suicide back in 1959:
Los Feliz Murder House

Now that's just plain creepy.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

Wow, wish I could give you more than one crummy star, that was very interesting in a gruesome way.

Sad story.

How did you come across that?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No ! I would never live in THAT house.....

When I was growing up I have lived in many haunted houses....I'll tell ATS someday....It's nothing like that bs on
tv....all are fake....

anyways...I would think that something bad lives in that house and needs more and more trauma to happen
there to replenish its evil energy

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by PaganArchangel

Wow, wish I could give you more than one crummy star, that was very interesting in a gruesome way.

Sad story.

How did you come across that?

Thanks!

I was doing a general search on spooky houses and came across it. All of the old stuff still in it is really creepy...like some kind of weird time capsule...yikes!
I don't think I would want any items out of a house like that, either...bad ju-ju!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

homicide house

ColoradoJens

I definitely would not move into that house...that house may be an attractor of negative stuff....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not only would I NOT buy it, you couldn't PAY me to live there. And that my friends is coming from someone who is unemployed right now. Ain't no way. No sir reee bobtail. Forget it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I wouldn't buy it, not because any paranormal reasons either, I am equipped to deal with those. But, I am thinking the place cannot be in a very good neighborhood judging by the things that have happened there. If there's been three murders in 8 years I am thinking there's a reason and police should be patrolling (but are probably afraid to, like detroit)!

I'd just say like another poster said meet the neighbors...sometimes common sense and talking to the neighbors would be your best bet. I'd say that even if it's not a dangerous neighborhood, it's definately obvious the neighbors don't look out for each oher (self involved) or just don't give a damn and that's not the neighborhood I'd want to live in!
edit on 26-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The house is $515,000!!!!

HEHE all I can say to them that are trying to sell it (Fanny Mae HEH) Good luck with that ROFLMAO!!! So rich neighborhood, but it seems all of them are too self involved, Like I stated, and probably don't even talk to each other, hell they probably didn't even KNOW who lived in that house until his murder was on the news!!! That's why I say I will take middle income to poor neighborhood anytime over these snotnosed ritzy titsy neihborhoods anyday!

www.zillow.com...
edit on 26-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: link

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The house is $515,000!!!!

HEHE all I can say to them that are trying to sell it (Fanny Mae HEH) Good luck with that ROFLMAO!!! So rich neighborhood, but it seems all of them are too self involved, Like I stated, and probably don't even talk to each other, hell they probably didn't even KNOW who lived in that house until his murder was on the news!!! That's why I say I will take middle income to poor neighborhood anytime over these snotnosed ritzy titsy neihborhoods anyday!

www.zillow.com...
edit on 26-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: link

515K?
You got to be joking

I'm going to keep n eye on this one..I'll bet it comes way down in price.
No way that place is going to go for that, OMG

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join