It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granted Fresh 1Bil FEMA Denies Tornado Victims Aid & Rolls Out Hurricane Katrina Trailers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

forum.prisonplanet.com... Whammo!!! ZING!!!! CAPOWY!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Oh so you are saying fema is another type of welfare that working tax paying citizen shouldn't get anything from while those that don't and many never have worked or payed taxes should get it all.

Fema operates on tax payer dollars. In case you didn't know my parents were tax payers all their lifes. So I guess that should disqualify them from getting a break and useing some of the money they paid in. The woman without insurance was not by choice the insurance company turned her down before the tornadoes even came though until she updated something in the house. which she was saving the money for.

Not everyone in life works for or has worked for some form of government in their life time. After all we tax payers and the tax payers of many generations to come are paying those pay checks. So I guess that means all of us Americans should live off the system so we qualify for fema. I'm glad thats finally been made clear.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chooselove

OMG I live within 10 miles from Ft McCellen. They tell us it's just a training place for the gaurd. That the base is closed down they say.

I've often thought they have lots of people around that base for it to be just open for gaurd training. tanks and all that kind of stuffs out there.
edit on 26-5-2011 by napayshni57 because: had another thought

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why do I imagine someone getting their new trailer and finding out there is still someone living in it!

I know I should not make light of this matter, but seriously, FEMA must not of realized that none of that money is theirs!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is what happens when you count on the government.

If you live in tornado country, build yourself an underground shelter. Stock it with food... and worst case scenario, you can live there after your house is wiped out.

DO NOT COUNT ON GOVERNMENT EVER.

If end up thinking... ``If the government doesn't help me I'm gonna die or go bankrupt``... well guess what, the VAST MAJORITY of the time, you will die/go bankrupt.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have a fall out shelter. I don't count on the government for anything and really don't think I want anything from them.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

obama got a pass on bungling the Gulf spill he'll get a pass on this.

It does look that way. Of course, it may be a slight bit premature, (wink wink) as the Obama
is still in Britain...so we will have to wait untill next week.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove

forum.prisonplanet.com... Whammo!!! ZING!!!! CAPOWY!!!

Riiight... try again

Zing... Pow... Baam - HR 645 - 2009

Read... learn... deny ignorance....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

and I see we have yet another winner of the ignorant on how FEMA works fanclub... Check with the OP, she had coats made for your club.

Learn what FEMA is and how it works, and how funds are freed, then get back to me about handouts.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is what happens when you count on the government.

If you live in tornado country, build yourself an underground shelter. Stock it with food... and worst case scenario, you can live there after your house is wiped out.

DO NOT COUNT ON GOVERNMENT EVER.

If end up thinking... ``If the government doesn't help me I'm gonna die or go bankrupt``... well guess what, the VAST MAJORITY of the time, you will die/go bankrupt.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Finally.. someone who gets it..

@ others -
I always find it humerous when a group of people who hate and mistrust the government, all of a sudden get pissed when the government doesnt swoop in and start writing checks to people.

Its called personal accountability.. If you own a house and decide you dont want to pay for insurance, why should your bill be picked up by those who did pay for insurance?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

With response to tornadoes, FEMA begins to rebuild its reputation

Atlanta – The designation of the Alabama tornadoes as a Category 1 disaster – the ranking given to 9/11 and hurricane Katrina – has put FEMA and its new director to the test.

Since taking the helm of the Federal Emergency Management Agency two years ago, Craig Fugate has begun a dramatic, common-sense revamp of national preparedness. He has led a Twitter-driven campaign to recalibrate American attitudes toward disasters and the role of FEMA amid the rubble.

In keeping with that do-something reputation, Mr. Fugate planned to be on the ground in Alabama Friday, to talk recovery with officials and hear from disaster survivors. Planned stops included an emergency command post in Phil Campbell, a Disaster Recovery Center in Hackelburg, and Bethel Baptist Church in Pleasant Grove.

IN PICTURES: Alabama tornadoes

With an estimated 328 dead and thousands homeless, the April 26-27 tornadoes became the agency’s biggest post-Katrina challenge. Early praise for FEMA’s response from Southern governors suggests that this may mark a turning point for the tarnished agency.

“In a big disaster like this, you usually start hearing complaints from state and local officials within at least 72 hours,” says David Schanzer, a homeland security expert at Duke University in Durham, N.C. “If you’re not hearing [complaints], it’s usually an important sign that things are going pretty well.”

In a marked contrast to the delay after hurricane Katrina, Fugate urged President Obama to declare Alabama a federal disaster area even before the harshest damage reports were in.

With at least 305 tornadoes reported in six states for the two-day period, it is the largest tornado outbreak in US history.

“If you can’t tell me it’s not bad, I’m going to assume it’s bad ... and go,” Fugate told The Associated Press, as he toured the area by air on May 1.Appearing with Gov. Robert Bentley (R) of Ala-bama the day after the storms, Fugate reiterated that FEMA was taking a support role, then gave the governor the floor.

“It’s not FEMA’s role to step in midstream and take over, but to allow folks to do all they can and to let them know that there’s help if they need it,” says Edwin Bailey, who worked with Fugate in Achuala, Fla., as emergency responders. “Craig gets that.”

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well even though thats a nice little propaganda piece wrtten up to praise Fugate...there is
still some truth in the article.

Fugate still wasn’t satisfied. For one thing, a delivery of blue roof tarps was behind schedule, as another rain front moved into the area.

Although many people, especially in remote rural areas, still hadn’t seen federal representatives a week after the storms, few voiced the resentment or sense of abandonment that dogged FEMA during the Katrina response.

news.yahoo.com...

So still many people have not seen FEMA even after a week, and just because they are not complaining
does not mean FEMA is doing its job.

And this is nothing in comparison to KATRINA.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Going back to what I said before... You are all over the place... FEMA is corrupt, even though your sources clearly show people lieing to FEMA in order to get assistance. FEMA is corrupt for dolling out money to those who dont need it, whilee you bitch about FEMA not dolling out cash to those in counties who dont qualify as a federal disaster area.

You show a video from Presstv and take it as gosepl, while ignoring a counter story from yahoo.

As I said before.. your argument is not logical, and is based on your hatred of the government and nothing more. Please, change the title of this thread to something more appropriate, like "I hate FEMA".

At least by doing that one thing you post would be based on truth.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes, going back to what I said in my opening OP...FEMA is corrupt.
FEMA can also be found under fraud...as the same Secret Gevernment Agency
that is set up to house and man FEMA camps surely can not be so inept it

BLAMES its fraud in mere litle peons.....:
edit on 28-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I am not suprised to see you resort attacks at the person, as thats all you have left,
not a shred of credibility as to your personal opinions, your baseless defense of an
over grown bloated behemoth of a govenment agency that comes under fire from the left and the
right equally.

You are all too obvous in your blind supprot of FEMA...
and your attempt to disguise your biased opinions did not go unoticed.

And I must say how flattering you have decided to harvest my picture.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Says the person who went down the road first. If you dont care for your own treatment, then think twice before you decide to treat others in that manner.

I could care less about your opinions in this case as well. You have used PressTV, the offical mouth piece of the Iranian Government. You have ignored all information provided that describes how FEMA works.

You have consistently been inconsistent on your argument, complaining FEMA is corrupt, while going after them for denying assistance to people who dont qualify for it. You ignore the procedures established by the Government, and instead attack FEMA becuase they arent responding to the tornado damage in Pennsylvania, even though the President refused to declare the county a disaster area.

I have rpoivided you all the facts you need to fix your rectal cranial inversion, and yet you still refuse to educate yourself on the topic, continuing to argue in a circle while making no sense at all. You go afeter FEMA, while ignoring the fact FEMA is an umbrella for different govcernment agencies wtih differnt responsibilities.

You go after FEMA for response, while ignroing the fact FEMA is a supprt agency, and is subordinate to Local and State Emergency Management. You are the one who is making baseless claims that are not supported by anything but your opinion. I have provided you with links to my sources, that you simply ignore because they dont support your agenda.

If you want to blame FEMA for inaction, then maybe you should level your baseless attacks at PResident Obama, since he is the sole person who signs off on whether or not a local disaster is declared a Federal Disaster, thereby authoriziung FEMA to assist.

Facts are fun.. You should learn about them and try to incoroperate them into your opinions if you wish to be taken more seriously in your agenda of " Hate FEMA through Ignorance".

8 pages in and I still have no idea what your problem is with FEMA. Nothing you have stated is truthful. As far as harvesting your picture, the only part that is flattering is how little of you is shown? Now, we done with the personal insults, or would you like to contue them?
edit on 28-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I could care less about your opinions in this case as well.

Yes, everyone can see as well as I that you dont care about the facts concerning FEMA.

You have consistently been inconsistent on your argument, complaining FEMA is corrupt, while going after them for denying assistance to people who dont qualify for it. You ignore the procedures established by the Government, and instead attack FEMA becuase they arent responding to the tornado damage in Pennsylvania, even though the President refused to declare the county a disaster area.

Thats hilarious, well not but SICK. You are really squirming now...desperation sets in...you grasp at base comments....Yet I have been very consistent, citing news source after news source with FEMAs record of corruption, its denial of assistance in which its obligation lies, as the funds that FEMA is GIVEN by the TAXPAYRS is not for its own sick bloated belly.

We have Ad Nauseum been over the RED TAPE of FEMA, and its PROCEDURES,
FAILED as they are.

I have rpoivided you all the facts you need to fix your rectal cranial inversion

I should report that T & C violation....[Size=3]]but your too much fun. So again, what facts have your provided?

NONE. Your have produced your own regurtiated opinion....recycled, washed up and washed out
hot air nothing that no one cares to listen to as demonstrated from nearly every post in this thread.

Dont blame the poor victims of natural disasters for FEMAs incompetence, FRAUD, WASTE, and
ABUSE of taxpayer dollars.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

What is FEMA supposed to do just hand over piles of money to anybody making a claim?? We all know worthless sob's show up and try to scam the system all the time when nat disasters hit. The article about folks turned down said many were waiting on final insurance adjustments. Are these folks supposed to get double stacked from FEMA and their insurance company? Why we have a federal agency that hands out money left and right when a natural disaster hits is beyond me anyway.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So what your saying is you cant back up anything you claim, aside from using PressTV.

You claim FEMA is corrupt, yet complain they wont doll out cash to people who dont qualify.

You claim FEMA is corrupt by placing people into trailers that arent fit for human habitation, while you completely ignore your own article that cleary states FEMA sold the trailers to 3rd parties with the provisions they are not sold to anyone for habitation. FEMA went so far as to require resellers to sign paperwork that they wont be used for human habitation, and also requires the people the resllers sold to to sign paperwork that they are not to be used for human habitation.

No corruption there at all by FEMA - Your issue is with the 3rd parties who are breaking the law, yet your ignorance about FEMA, as well as your inability to read your own sources completely, reinforces my argument that you are trageting FEMA for no other reason than your dont like them.

You complain FEMA dolled out a crap ton of money to people in Florida who did not qualify for it, yet you once again ignore your own sources that show FEMA going back to those people to reclaim those funds.

You complain FEMA refuses to help people who suffered a tornado in Pennsylvania, while ignoring the fact the federal government, namely the President, refused to declare the county a FEderal Disaster area - again ignoring your own sources.

So again, your argument is baseless, and you cherry pick the info out ofyour own sources while ignoring the facts in your own sources that dont support your argument.

Your lack of knowledge about how FEMA works, what agencies its an umbrella organization for, and how its activated reinforces my argument that you really have no idea what you are saying. Even your own sources say you dont know what you are saying, and your continued effort to paint FEMA as corrupt is just humerous.

You really should learn how to read, and learn the difference betwen facts and opinion, the latter of which you clearly think is the authoriative voice. You have failed to make your argument, and have only made yourself out to be ignorant, arrogant, and unwilling to admit you made a mistake by making accusations and using sources that dont support your view.

FEMA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5666d87b447.jpg[/atsimg]

The failures during Katrina were the direct result of the Govenor and the Mayor of New Orleans failing to lead. FEMA is NOT a lead agency, its support and is there to augment local and state agencies for disaster assistance and recovery.

Please, feel free to supply your specific charges against FEMA, and please supply your supporting documentation that supports those charges.

My guess is you wont, because it will force you to actually understand ho FEMA works, and you refuse to do that because its easier for you to just blame anyone and anything because you cant understand how it works.

And you can take your threat about T&C violation and insert it where the sun does not shine. I am sick and tired of people liek you coming into the threads, spreading lies, refusing to support your argument with facts, and then threaten to tell on people who make you look bad because they point out your ignorance.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join