It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH! NO! What's the Donald up to now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You're forged! Trump declares Obama's birth certificate fake
Stormdancer, this is nothing against you and I'm sure you recall I'm no fan of Obama. So take this post as a criticism of WND and not you personally please, I have no problem with you at all.

Unfortunately when I listened to the video in that article, it contradicts WND's headline. This is the video embedded in the article:

Corsi describes his phone call with Trump, listen at 11:10:
Corsi to Trump: "Go on the record. If you don't believe this is legitimate, say it's a fraud.
He wouldn't do it. He was unenthusiastic and not responsive when I made those suggestions."

So how does WND get a headline of "Trump declares Obama's birth certificate fake" out of that? Apparently the one thing that I can say for sure is a fake is WND's headline.

And even if you look for any direct quotes from Trump in the article, none of them exactly support the headline either, do they? It's hard to argue with people who criticize WND when they do things like this.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't trust him.

Here is a bio:

Donald Trump's father started The Trump Organization, made his fortune by building middle-class apartment houses in Brooklyn and Queens, and made his son president of the family business by his mid-20s. As Trump tells the story, he knew he would need access to wealthy clients to swing large deals, so he wangled membership in an "exclusive" New York social club, where he made contacts, made deals, and kept coming out ahead....

After accumulating his billions, Trump saw most of it vanish in the early 1990s under massive loan payments. He regained his fortune within several years, which has of course made him even more famous.....

There follows a long list of connections.

It would seem he was "Socializing" within the Rockefeller set in New York. Losing his fortune to the banks may have made him hate the banksters or it may have been "punishment" and he is now "forgiven" since he gained the fortune back.

Losing the fortune may also mean he was not "warned" ahead of time so he is not an "in member" of the clique.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The Donald's probably getting kickbacks from Corsi's book sales.

Since when do people care what Trump thinks? He's a known liar. Who trusts this slimeball?

I hope he runs. I need some comedy in my life right now.

Do you honestly think Trump is getting kickbacks from the book sales or are you just saying that? First of all Trump has a 60 million dollar tv contract, so I don't think he needs it. Secondly Jerome Corsi made no mention of this on Alex Jones radio show, so you'd have to assume he is a liar, which would mean the book is a lie, and so would probably not sell too many copies or make any money.

Politically of course Trump could be using the birth issue to become president, but I haven't really heard him promote Corsi's book, maybe he said that on the view and I missed it, but I'm pretty sure he made no reference to the book. And keep in mind this is WND telling the story, so is there any main stream news agency where Trump and Corsi are used in the same sentence? I see just alternative websites talking about this. So if he was really making money off the book, wouldn't he be advertising it on his television show, or on talk shows?
edit on 26-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Secondly Jerome Corsi made no mention of this on Alex Jones radio show, so you'd have to assume he is a liar, which would mean the book is a lie, and so would probably not sell too many copies or make any money.

I don't assume Corsi is a liar, I KNOW it. Besides, a book against Obama doesn't have to contain truth. The birthers will slurp it up! Corsi is known for lying. His previous books are full of lies. He swift-boated John Kerry. He is a producer of slime, NOT facts. Every charge he makes is surrounded in mystery and suggestion, suspicion and conjecture.

No, I doubt Donald is making cash on the deal, but you can bet he's getting SOMETHING out of it.

And keep in mind this is WND telling the story, so is there any main stream news agency where Trump and Corsi are used in the same sentence?

If you look at the birther threads here, the vast majority of them use WND as their source. It's a cozy little family. The three of them (Corsi, WND and Trump) exist in a crazy little world where the truth doesn't matter and rumor rules all...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
No, I doubt Donald is making cash on the deal, but you can bet he's getting SOMETHING out of it.
Corsi claims Trump stands to make $120 million out of it and that's why Corsi says he doesn't trust Trump.

It's a cozy little family. The three of them (Corsi, WND and Trump) exist in a crazy little world where the truth doesn't matter and rumor rules all...
It doesn't sound all that cozy between Corsi and Trump with all the accusations Corsi is making against Trump, in the video in the OP article.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

No problem, I did double check, of course it is all conjecture at this point,

www.politico.com...

All of this appears to add up to Trump floating the possibility of entering the race as an independent, self-funding candidate next year when the GOP nominee is set and his latest NBC contract is again up for renewal.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For God's sake, it's WND. That makes the whole article on par with Batboy news.

The article claims a phone call interview with Trump, with Jerome Corsi, yet I could not find any direct quotes from the phone call, just a summation of what the conversation was. From the OP link, here is that summation.

Trump asked Corsi about the book, its evidence and what is happening next in the effort to document whether Obama is, in fact, constitutionally qualified for the presidency under Article 2, Section 1's "natural born citizen" requirement.

Read more: You're forged! Trump declares Obama's birth certificate fake www.wnd.com...

The rest of the article was rehashed birther drivel. The entire article gave us nothing new, just typical WND tripe.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Not just WND is saying this, but anyway,

I think I posted something that disappeared, somewhere, I wonder what topic I posted the wrong thing under.

oops
edit on 093131p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Star and Flag.

I heard Corsi back down and get quiet yesterday right after the Trump call and he didnt directly answer the questions about the call and we can see why. Saved it for his employer.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Star and Flag.

I heard Corsi back down and get quiet yesterday right after the Trump call and he didnt directly answer the questions about the call and we can see why. Saved it for his employer.

HUH, what are you saying?
Trump is the employer?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, maybe I missed something. Is there a direct link to this Corsi Trump phone call? If so I would like to hear it.

I fpund an article about this from a couple days ago, and it just alludes to a phone call. Here is a link.

www.gcnlive.com...

Appearing on the Alex Jones Show, Corsi said that he now completely discounted the apparent efforts of Donald Trump to force the release of Obama’s birth certificate, stating, “I’m completely convinced at this point Donald Trump was subterfuge, that he…. was working with Obama.”

Corsi explained how he was contacted directly by Trump, because Trump wanted to know what was going on behind the scenes, and that he requested several copies of Corsi’s book before it was released.

Trump’s role according to Corsi was to “beat the drums big” and craft a false resolution to the controversy in order to make the press “go to sleep” and get his $60 million dollar television contract with NBC, owned by General Electric, which is closely allied with the Obama administration.

edit on Thu, 26 May 2011 10:33:53 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Did anyone notice when Trump stated he has something big he was going to reveal and days later Obama
came out with his "birth certificate"?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Birth Certificate is a forgery, and nobody cares about the other BIG issue.

OBAMA'S CONNECTICUT SSN.

How can a "Hawaii born" President have a Connecticut SSN?

Keep digging Donald, too much secrecy, too many dollars spent hiding something.

Get to the bottom of this!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ill say it for the last time. We have been set up. Bush destroys monetary value of everything he ran. We voted for him, and he destroyed our monetary value. We then needed a scapegoat/distraction to help us forget. Q Obama. Now the country is weak, limping, and poor. The scapegoat, or even bad guy, I dont know, gets beat up for all sorts of political decisions, including his eligibality.. Meanwhile, the guy before him set up horrible spending structures and we get poorer. Now we have a knight in shining wavy hair, who always files for bankruptcy. Attacking the distraction gaining his credibility, somehow???.. And people are going to buy that bull, and whats he going to do as president? Hes going to default on our debt, and force the war of wars. Set up.. We gots forgin set up.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
3 words:

WASTE

OF

TIME

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Is there a direct link to this Corsi Trump phone call? If so I would like to hear it.
I don't know if the call was recorded.

The closest thing I found was Corsi's description of the call to Alex Jones, which is embedded in the WND article. I also posted it at the top of page 2 of this thread with the quote I found relevant, did you read the thread?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Most posters are assuming that Trump actually talked to Corsi on the phone. Is Trump on record anywhere acknowledging that either of these 2 calls were made?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I am proud of the fact that I was able to get President Obama to release his birth certificate. President Clinton couldn’t do it, Senator McCain couldn’t do it—no one else could do it! Frankly, many people were surprised that it took so long for this to happen. Is his birth certificate legitimate? I hope it is for the good of the country, but that’s for experts to determine—not me. I have not read the book written by Jerry Corsi nor did we discuss whether or not the birth certificate was computer generated or in any way fabricated. I merely asked him how his book was doing and wished him good luck.

Source: Mother Jones interview with Donald Trump.

motherjones.com...

Maybe do 10 minutes of research next time OP??
edit on 26-5-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
3 words:

WASTE

OF

TIME

This is a thread about Trump......not Ron Paul.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

This is a thread about Trump......not Ron Paul.

I do agree Ron Paul is a waste of time. He's not electable. Once he starts talking about legalizing prostitution, crack, heroin....not to mention being fundamentally against social security and medicare....he simply has no chance. Not to mention you have the old racist Ron Paul Newsletters floating around as well.

he is also viewed as anti-semitic by many. Too much against him to win anything.
edit on 26-5-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join