It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unfair treatment for people of faith!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
why is it that all the athiest can post anything they want on religous threads, (jokes,slander,curseing) but when i have something to say about an athiest ( i used to be one) my post gets blocked, its happened twice in one week????? have i been offending demons who sit in high places???? its not just me ive seen athiest ripping into people of faith all over this site and nobody does anything about it!!!!! like today for instance there was a thread about people of faith haveing small brains, so i replied back studies have shown athiest have smaller ----- than belivers and somebody got mad??? now some of you religous folks might disagree with my response but i am a SOILDER OF THE GOD OF THE ARMY OF ISREAL and SOIDERS talk different than civilans!!!(just like real soilders on the battle field) im battleing all day (not playing church) so please, if your a person of faith an have been attacked share with the rest of us and lets see how many of their threads get removed after today??????

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yahwehsprincess

Don't you get it?

They are trying to destroy religion. So they can create their global religion. It's all part of the plan. Don't you watch South Park / any other television program?

[Satire]

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
just a lil helpful hint
from an Evangelical Crhistian:

You can't fight City Hall
as long as you're standing in it

boon

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

[High Five and Star to that]

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

it is not i but it is THE GOD OF THE ARMY OF ISREAL WHO FIGHTS MY BATTLES FOR ME!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My two cents: Not everyone beliefs what you believe. You are opening yourself up for attack when you post something that is based purely on "faith." Athiest is a pretty open definition. It is basically anyone that does not abide by your viewpoiint of reality. I think it is to be expected, on this sight, to have a lot of naysayers jump up when you post a stipulation based on a belief system.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As a protestant evangelical christian, I only would offer one thought:

it is not i but it is THE GOD OF THE ARMY OF ISREAL WHO FIGHTS MY BATTLES FOR ME!!!!!!!

Don't get so worked up if you truely believe your battles are in God's hands...if it is he that fights your battles for you then let him do his work. You've done yours and now it is in his hands.

edit on 25-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We have to get use to the abuse because it is going to
get worse.These are trying times we live in,stay true to
the faith,read your Bible every day and pray for strength.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I've got a half piece of faith and I'll tell you, stop tossing religion in peoples faces. Religion gets good men killed everyday, just stop. Plain and simple, worship at your own bidding. Don't share it, there was a Jehovah's witness that got hit upside the head with a bat in my neighbourhood; I live in a great area, the woman didn't want to hear about Jesus. She's a known Atheist.

Why christians get treated like $#it is because of the religious fruitcakes, one bad apple spoils the bunch as they say.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Maybe because religious people create posts like yours. They are offending to the eyes.

Also, your grammar doesn't exactly back up what you say about religious people having larger brains than us atheists.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Maybe because religious people create posts like yours. They are offending to the eyes.

Also, your grammar doesn't exactly back up what you say about religious people having larger brains than us atheists.

Amen, if I wanted to hear about god. I'd be sitting in a church but since the church would find me vulgar mouthed and offensive to the eyes; I don't bother. I come to talk about the issues, not bible talk. That's what a whole lot of us Atheists come for, okay sweetie ?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Set an example by not responding in kind. Be careful where you cast your pearls.

You act like they do, you are them. Turn the other cheek.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"Faith" is pretty open too, you know.

But I agree that we're in the enemy's camp so to speak, and though they speak of their tolerance and rationality, we see little of it in action. So I choose my battles; I ignore the haters and slanderers and try to identify the few who really do practice what they preach re. atheism. There are some very nice ones. But atheists and theists are all human beings with faults and blind spots; we just have to find the ones we can get along with.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You don't make friends by force, nor can you spread love by it. You're also trying to fight fire with fire which equates to nothing.

You want to win a battle? Turn the other cheek like your taught to, rather than try to lop off people's heads.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/925fa6728e2e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/703202a4eeec.jpg[/atsimg]

I, for one, like Athiests.

They tend to be better versed in my own religion
than the majority of people I grew up with.
Remember even Jesus said to be
either hot or cold, not lukewarm.

David Grouchy
edit on 25-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

i don't understand why religious people are always trying to shove their beliefs down peoples throats. don't be so closed minded.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OP, there's a huge difference in the post about born-again's having smaller brains, compared to an outright offensive attack saying Athiests have smaller _ _ _ _ _.

The difference is one post is bringing information to the table, the reply you gave was only abusive.

Learning to know the difference is a bonus we all can gain from.

Be well.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Bible says Christians will be persecuted, and there is no greater evidence of that, than here -- in my life anyway. People are cruel, crass, and remarkably hostile for no reason, other than their own prejudices and ignorance, which they nurture rather than facing the truth about who Christians really are.

Somebody got hit with a baseball bat, and the poster spoke as though that was a good thing? Blame the victim? How far removed can you get from humanity? Much less personal dignity. That's a disorder, not something to boast about. It's called Assault. One hopes that upon reaching adulthood, they learn to control their emotions, which includes frustration and anger. I Hope the person went to jail, or was carted away for a good court-ordered psych-eval.

Of course, I suppose in some circles, Assault is considered "cool". ?

Not the way I roll.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
i don't understand why religious people are always trying to shove their beliefs down peoples throats. don't be so closed minded.

I don't understand why atheists are always trying to shove their beliefs down people's throats. Don't be so hypocritical.

We could play this game all day, but I got off the merry-go-round a long time ago. This tired old phrase only exposes their intolerance for disagreement and their double-standards. Other "trigger" phrases that tell me not to bother are "ha ha ha", "Bible thumpers", "they hate science", "it's a crutch" (like DENIAL isn't!), ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join