It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground troops likely to follow attack helicopters into Libyan fray

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NATO Ground to follow attack helicopters into libya

NATO operation to oust Gadhafi

My friends this will be the worst war since the iraq war
and why is that? we still in the west dont who are the rebels, yet the western puppet governments are backing them.

NATO would only protect the key oil structures buildings and not the civilians dont believe that lie, thats why obama said America and britian share a special relationship, this like a huge move before a bigger war will break out.

This isnt looking good.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
those rebels over there are NOT the good guys I can tell you that much...I'm willing to bet many of them hold extremist beliefs

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It is definitely shaping up to be the perfect storm called World War 3. I thought things were bad in the ME when Bush was President, but Obama takes the damn cake.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
those rebels over there are NOT the good guys I can tell you that much...I'm willing to bet many of them hold extremist beliefs

Most assuredly. They most likely will just install another Islamic Government that makes a mockery of women's rights, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and on and on and on...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh my Ghaddafi... here we go. Completely ignore anything going on in Pakistan, Iran, Israel, Palestine, et al. and go get'em boys! Might get a few more months of oil out of this before it's all gone.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Gaddafi's a shrewd player in his own right, you can't get rid of him by a lucky air strike alone. Ground Troops would have to be involved, that was proved similarly in Kosovo.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So has the SCO commented on this plan as of yet?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Most assuredly. They most likely will just install another Islamic Government that makes a mockery of women's rights, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and on and on and on...

thats the plan really, women under gaddafi had more freedom then they will under a rebel democratic supposedly held libya.

Obama and David A photo OP moment

They make me ill whenever i see this video

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
am I on crack? (don't answer that)

about 15 minutes ago on my way to ATS there was a CNN headline on my google.... something about Obama and NATO telling Gadhafi that they won't let up on strikes.... so I get done poking at ATS and head back to CNN and now its gone... am I hallucinating? This was the most recent/closest thread on the subject, I thought someone here might know.
----------
I found it :X
www.cnn.com...
edit on 25-5-2011 by Forevever because: I guess I am on crack

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Only on ATS will you find people extolling the virtues of Saint Gaddafi, while villifying the rebels, that rose up in Feb as a response to continued human rights abuses culminating in the arrest of a prominent lawyer, as Al-Qaeda terrorists.

Honestly people, really? While I am sure that our Governments want to take advantage of the situation, the rebellion is genuine. God forbid you ever get oppressed by your country then call for help, only to met with scorn and accusations that your a religious extremist and terrorist. Gaddafi is a twat, a monster and a total dictator. M

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

And Call It The 'United states Of America'..

It sounds about similar.. though women do have more equal rights here, the rest sounds quite similar indeed

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why i am not your supporting bunch of terrorists and hired western mercenaries in east libya?

Honestly people, really? While I am sure that our Governments want to take advantage of the situation, the rebellion is genuine. God forbid you ever get oppressed by your country then call for help, only to met with scorn and accusations that your a religious extremist and terrorist. Gaddafi is a twat, a monster and a total dictator. Mss murder has been committed on numerous occasions in the past and was about to take place this year before the French swooped in to stop his brigades taking Benghazi.

LOL the rebellion is genuine? wheres the proof the rebellion is a manufactured rebellion created by the americans and British a coup agaisnt Gaddafi.

Gaddafi is a twat, a monster and a total dictator. Mss murder has been committed on numerous occasions in the past and was about to take place this year before the French swooped in to stop his brigades taking Benghazi.

Turn off your television and stop been a royal British slave, nice little propaganda you wrote there just like those propaganda east Libyan terrorists.

Heres something for ya east Libyan PMC supporter

The Libyan leader proposed the nationalisation of U.S. oil companies, as well as those of UK, Germany, Spain, Norway, Canada and Italy in 2009. On January 25, 2009, Muammar Al Gaddafi announced that his country was studying the nationalisation of foreign companies due to lower oil prices. "The oil-exporting countries should opt for nationalisation because of the rapid fall in oil prices. We must put the issue on the table and discuss it seriously," said Gaddafi. "Oil should be owned by the State at this time, so we could better control prices by the increase or decrease in production," said the Libyan leader. These statements have worried the main foreign companies operating in Libya: Anglo-Dutch Shell, British Petroleum, U.S. ExxonMobil, Hess Corp., Marathon Oil, Occidental Petroleum and ConocoPhillips, the Spanish Repsol, Germany's Wintershall, Austria's OMV , Norway's Statoil, Eni and Canada's Petro Canada. In 2008, the Libyan state oil company, National Oil, prepared a report on the subject in which officials suggested modifying the production-sharing agreements with foreign companies in order to increase state revenues. As a result of these contract changes, Libya gained 5.4 billion dollars in oil revenues. less

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
LOL the rebellion is genuine? wheres the proof the rebellion is a manufactured rebellion created by the americans and British a coup agaisnt Gaddafi.

Yawn.... Why would the British (despite it being a French led op) want to overthrow a regime that just a few years ago signed massive Oil deals with our companies? Your argument doesn't stand up and all you can do is rant and rant...

We have this debate every time, chap. I must have shown you hours of video taken by actual people on the ground by now, plus reams of supporting evidence for crimes perpetrated historically, but you just ignore the posts (litterally - will not even ackowledge I gave you the evidence as you can't discount it) and carry on.

I can't be arsed anymore, you are not open to debate or sensible discourse, you just want to rant. Why should I waste my time providing you with the evidence in these other threads when you cannot even be bothered to evaluate and attempt to disprove.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Turn off your television and stop been a royal British slave, nice little propaganda you wrote there just like those propaganda east Libyan terrorists.

Man you really do love Gaddafi, don't you.

Tell you what, if he's so damn great, go there and fight for him. Do the world a favour and get rid of those "terrorists".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

We have this debate every time, chap. I must have shown you hours of video taken by actual people on the ground by now, plus reams of supporting evidence for crimes perpetrated historically, but you just ignore the posts (litterally - will not even ackowledge I gave you the evidence as you can't discount it) and carry on.

sure you mean by collecting the fake evidence?

We have this debate every time, chap. I must have shown you hours of video taken by actual people on the ground by now,

Oh really by actual people on the ground by now? those people hired by western mainstream news networks who are reporting the news as the elites want the western audience to see ?

Yawn.... Why would the British (despite it being a French led op) want to overthrow a regime that just a few years ago signed massive Oil deals with our companies? Your argument doesn't stand up and all you can do is rant and rant...

sadly your argument doesn't stand up.

Your British government will install a Libyan puppet government which will serve the globalist agenda, its not a huge surprise to your supporting a fake manufactured rebellion.

Tell you what, if he's so damn great, go there and fight for him. Do the world a favour and get rid of those "terrorists".

if the east Libyan rebels are so damn great why dont you go and fly over fight for them? and sadly the western media news networks will never let the western audience whats really going in libya, we are only seeing what the elites want us to see, on whats happening in libya.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No, you weren't, so don't make out you like you altruistic or anything. The massive PM you sent me was condescending, unwarranted and you made personal attacks against me. Nice attempt at stirring board drama though, deux points for the effort.

Fact remains, every time we (those of us who support this effort) post reams of evidence to support the fact Gaddafi is a tyrant, you gloss over it, don't even reply to to those posts and merely carry on parrotting the same tired old crap.

"It's for Oil" - No, it isn't. We had our Oil companies in there up until he started killing everyone.

"Gaddafi is loved by his people" - Clearly he isn't, otherwise he wouldn't have spent the past 40 years brutally suppressing his people. If he was so loved, why hasn't he managed to mobilise more than 20,000 troops, most of them are actually Tuareg and Malian mercenaries, not even Libyans.

"Rebels are terrorists" - Really? Because every rebel I have ever seen interviewed by whatever media outlet you care to choose has been a Libyan who, up until a few months ago, had a normal life working as engineers, teachers, cleaners, cooks and shop assistants. Normal people who, as a group, have collectively decided enough was enough.

There is actually quite the surprise amongst Western observers that "AQ" has monumentously missed the boat on this pan-Arab revolt and are playing catch up. In the matter of a few months, the people of these countries have achieved what "AQ" have been trying to achieve for years, namely the overthrow of these regimes who they see as Western puppets (which many are!)

You're so out of kilter with the history and political neuances of what is happening that none of your arguments hold any water.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What about this little problem,, and i quote from an knowledgeable source

"That;s because UNSC res 1973 prohibits an "occupying force", hence no ground forces. So yes, the Libyan rebels are expected to do the fighting. That said, they are getting considerable financial and logistical help from NATO and allied powers."

unquote

There breaking the law?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Well, first off, these are merely rumours of potential Ground deployment. So lets not jump the gun.

Secondly, like all laws, there are loop holes. The UNSC res 1973 prohibits "occupying" forces. An incursion to oust Gaddafi or troops to "protect civilians" could be seen as within the remit as it isn't technically "occupying" Libya in the traditional sense.

It depends how you read it!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

"Gaddafi is loved by his people" - Clearly he isn't, otherwise he wouldn't have spent the past 40 years brutally suppressing his people. If he was so loved, why hasn't he managed to mobilise more than 20,000 troops, most of them are actually Tuareg and Malian mercenaries, not even Libyans.

Libya is a nation of 6 Million Libyans

If he was so loved, why hasn't he managed to mobilise more than 20,000 troops,

Fearful of NATO, Libyans dont want to die by NATO fascist hands.

"It's for Oil" - No, it isn't. We had our Oil companies in there up until he started killing everyone.

Yes its for why you think Qatar recognized the rebels so quickly? because of the interest deals they had, just like your britian,french,italy, america.

And also why you think the rebels installed a Rothschild central bank so fast in east Libya during still uncertain finical crisis we are all in, when the dollar falls and which it will the banks will be worthless.

"Rebels are terrorists" - Really? Because every rebel I have ever seen interviewed by whatever media outlet you care to choose has been a Libyan who, up until a few months ago, had a normal life working as engineers, teachers, cleaners, cooks and shop assistants. Normal people who, as a group, have collectively decided enough was enough.

Thats what the Western Mainstream news said during the revolutions in eupore it later turned out to be false, these aren't libyans but terrorists.

News source

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Rebel commander Al Qeade links

Even reuters admit it the other day that the rebels have recruiting problems in the eastern parts of libya.

I noticed you had this in your signature

signature: www.englishdemocrats.org.uk... - Join the fight for English democracy! Step on an Englishmans toes once and he will say "sorry". Step on a second time and he will say "Sorry" and move. Step on them a third time and you had better run like the wind!

democracy doesn't exist for the mass, the elite families always elect there own, democracy is nothing but slavery and frankly alot of people are getting sick of the system.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

So i take it is "Admiral Giampaolo di Paola, Chair of the Military Committee, that is doing the "rule interpreting" ?

Maybe he might also want to read "HOW TO PLAN A WINNING WAR STRATEGY" (for dummies).

Lets see,, air assault,, naval assault,, hmmm i missing anything ??

of course their had to be ground forces,,how did they do it during the last 800 years or so?

But do they understand co-ordination between ALL of their ASSETS, or is it just a ,,,"ya we forgot about ground troops,, next Friday at 8:00 ? sure sounds good, we'll discuss it then,, chow ,,

ohh what a lovely way too run a war. ,,, toodles

sad.

edit on 25-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join