It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would Anyone Want Palin For President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

My friends have told me it's an awesome movie, I haven't got around to it yet, definitely will.

reply to post by tomten

Whoa, did you just say Palin had common sense?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If it was possible to elect an Idiot with an IQ of about 85 twice, then it is possible to elect another idiot with an IQ of 80. But at this point it doesn't matter because we have a current president with an IQ of about 130 who is still is an idiot.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All you folks that don't like Palin are obviously sexist. Sexism! Why do you hate women so much? You folks probably didn't even want "them" to get the vote!

*Gee, it's fun acting like a liberal!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would not elect Palin to play with my spit out bubble gum...let alone consider her as a president.

Not that there is much to it (being president) Obama on the other is just fine to play with my spit out bubble gum but that's about as far as I trust him too.

It makes no difference who is president as long as they have long enough strings for everyone to have a good yank on, this seems to be the only requirement since Kennedy was assasinated.

link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

It doesn't matter who that video would have been about, the answers would have been all the same. I saw some video on YouTube during the '08 elections featuring African-American opinions about Obama and they couldn't see past his skin color.

I don't want people to get excited because their candidate of choice is black or female or *insert irrelevant reason here*, I would be so happy to see people actually get involved and do real research into the issues in this country and be a little more educated before they vote. I can possibly let the younger voters get away with it but I really hate seeing older adults with stupid, blank stares on their faces while muttering nonsense crap. They need to be slapped hard. Morons.
edit on 25-5-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: typo

edit on 25-5-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

link   
I guess if you wanted to set America on an even faster track to ruin, you would vote for Palin.

I loved the interview with Matt Damon regarding Palin's run for VP in '08.

If Sarah Palin wins, that might as well be game for the States.

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 25-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Having one bad president doesn't mean "hey let's get a worse one"
Anyone that thinks she would be a good president is a low key terrorist.

How stupid does one have to prove themselves to be before people finally say "Ok, she's entertaining and is a good source of jokes but come on... President? ...Seriously? Let's be real guys."
She quit her job as governor for the paper chase (Pursuit of $$)... and she didin't even do her job well while she WAS governor.

Wishing she was President is nothing more than wishing our country was in even worse condition than it is. That's not speculation, that's fact.

Edit: I'd also like to add, she represents that chunk of people in the US that speak from their asses without any knowledge about that which they speak of. They just "say stuff" without knowing exactly why they're saying or having any facts to back-up what was said. Speaking from confidence instead of knowledge doesn't make you a good presidential candidate, it makes you a %#@&ing moron.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I don't deny that at all, what you said is true. However, it mirrors some comments this thread has attracted already.

You could take the best candidate for president ever, the one with the best policy, experience and integrity... and you could still make a video of their supporters like the one I posted.

That being said, I think there are much more Ron Paul supporters who know what they're talking about. In my opinion, Palin supporters and those who know what they are talking about are two mutually exclusive groups of people.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Because almost anyone is better then Obama.

But, Ron Paul would be best.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

1. Palin is WAY TOO GREEN.

2. She was put in place as VP of McCain by TPTB.

3.She was shoved into place as the Tea Party "Mascot" by the Repubs trying to corral a splinter group.

I rather vote third party

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ex Gov. Palin would be the perfect president for what America has become; The cultural trailer park of the world.
Bring in Trump and Bachmann too for VP and speaker of the House. Perfect.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well I didnt say she was running for President now did I...?

Oh I know she has men going gaga over her .. My cousin was never ever impressed by conservatives and guess what here comes Palin .. his comment went something like this

.. Id support anything that women had to say ,, gawd she is one hot women and it takes alot of guts for someone to come out and say the things she does. shes just hot and Id support her ...

I don't support anyone at this time .. so to let you know I am very unbiased ..

I have my own reasons an justifications thoughts as to how this whole political election mess is just another ,,pony show

I can tell you one thing for certain I dont support the Tea Bags nor the Conservatives!
ANd I really have my own reasons why.. I also dont entirely care for everything that Obama has done and I have my own reasons .

Do I think Bush should of got in over Obama oh hell no.

Our Country .. seriously has problems and I think people are sick of being mislead ..

If anything Id suppport.. maybe the Green Party ..

There are reasons people give ..when it comes time to decide who to support >>Party of Choice ..

Have the Tea baggers just anounced the Revolutton is now?

I'm a YANKEE Doodle Dandy .. ready take all Party Tea and dump it in the sewer
and next to follow is to give each an everyone a good ol glass of beer ...
cheers to one and all .. yee ha ..Im a yanke doodle dandy ..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

If it was possible to elect an Idiot with an IQ of about 85 twice, then it is possible to elect another idiot with an IQ of 80. But at this point it doesn't matter because we have a current president with an IQ of about 130 who is still is an idiot.

ROTFLMAO
What an accurate description of DC politics.

I really wish I was given someone to vote FOR instead of the lesser of two evils who in reality are the very same thing.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

1. Palin is WAY TOO GREEN.

2. She was put in place as VP of McCain by TPTB.

3.She was shoved into place as the Tea Party "Mascot" by the Repubs trying to corral a splinter group.

I rather vote third party

You know I really agree with you .. that she was pushed into this I think McCain needed a pretty face that had a place in the republican political platform.. it also seemed she was like coached in everything she said even in her Interviews I think That is why she looked or sounded like a Dumb-BO.. She wasn’t prepared to answer certain questions .. or was told not too ..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Because almost anyone is better then Obama.

But, Ron Paul would be best.

Well can you tell me your reasons you think Ron Paul would be a good choice ? what are some key points that make him so different ??

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

It makes no difference who is president as long as they have long enough strings for everyone to have a good yank on, this seems to be the only requirement since Kennedy was assasinated.

"They" have been yanking the string for over 100 years. That is what got us into this economic mess in the first place.

The Federal Reserve Board

The three attempts to remove all or part of the Federal Reserve Board failed.
Lindbergh's attempt

On February 12, 1917, Rep Charles Lindbergh, Sr., father of "Lucky Lindy", offered articles of impeachment against five members of the Federal Reserve Board. The articles were referred to the Judiciary Committee for investigation.[32][33] On March 3, the Judiciary Committee submitted its report, H.R. Rep. 64-1628, finding insufficient evidence to support impeachment.[34]

McFadden's attempt

Rep. Louis Thomas McFadden's attempt to impeach numerous officials in May 1933[25] is detailed above...
Secretary of the Treasury William Woodin, Eugene Meyer, Andrew Mellon and Federal Reserve Board

On On May 23, 1933[25] Rep. Louis Thomas McFadden introduced articles of Impeachment against Eugene Meyer, Secretary of the Treasury William Woodin,[26] two former Treasury Secretaries (Andrew Mellon and Ogden L. Mills); J. F. T. O'Connor (Comptroller of Currency); John W. Pole (former Comptroller of Currency); four members and three former members of the Federal Reserve Board; twelve Federal Reserve Agents; and one former Federal Reserve Agent. There was a hearing on the subject before the House Judiciary committee, but nothing became of it. [McFadden was forced out of office and then murdered when he would not shut up]

Gonzalez's attempt

On March 7, 1985, Rep. Henry Gonzalez introduced an impeachment resolution, H.R. Res. 101, against Fed Chairman Paul Volcker and ten other members of the Federal Open Market Committee and H.R. Res. 102, against Volcker alone.The resolution was referred to the Judiciary Committee.,[35] where it was never heard of again. However, not to be deterred, Gonzalez introduced the bill in each of the next two congresses, and they met the same fate.
en.wikipedia.org...

Politicians with the American people's interest at heart are very few and far between.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Looks like it has been going on for a good long time. Thanks...a little insight always makes it more interesting.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
I don't even find her that hot looking myself.

And with that, credibility flies out the window.

No, she's not ready to be President and I don't think ever will be. At this point, I still think she's got more related experience for the job than Pres. Obama did when he ran. At least she's got executive level experience.

He trumps her there, now.

Even if she was really really smart and qualified (I know, just bear with me), I'd always have a problem with her bailing on her responsibility to fulfill her term as governor. To be vice president, I can forgive. Because it became "too much", I can forgive that too, but don't then turn around and tell me you can handle the presidency. Sorry, that dog won't hunt.

She is hot, though.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

"I need to know if she believes dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago...
She's gonna have the nuclear codes". Hahahaaa

I love Matt Damon.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well can you tell me your reasons you think Ron Paul would be a good choice ? what are some key points that make him so different ??

First do you agree with Mauice Strong when he said Industrialized countries have:

“…developed and benefited from the unsustainable patterns of production and consumption which have produced our present dilemma. It is clear that current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class -- involving high meat intake, consumption of large amounts of frozen and convenience foods, use of fossil fuels, appliances, home and work-place air-conditioning, and suburban housing -- are not sustainable. A shift is necessary toward lifestyles less geared to environmentally damaging consumption patterns." opening statement at the Rio Conference (Earth Summit II) in 1992

Second do you agree with the “recommendations” made by Barack Obama’s top science and technology adviser, Holdren and his co-author's Paul and Anne H. Ehrlich in their 1973 book Human Ecology: Problems and Solutions

“De-development means bringing our economic system (especially patterns of consumption) into line with the realities of ecology and the global resource situation,”

Because THAT is exactly what is happening in the USA. We went from 24% of the work force engaged in manufacturing in 1970 to less than 9% now.

Ben Bernanke of the Federal Reserve has DOUBLE the Money supply and is looking at QE 3.

The Irresponsibility of Ben Bernanke and How He Will Destroy the Dollar

....QE has Keynesianism in its roots. All economists know the solution to unemployment is lower real wages. A central part of Keynes’ theory was the notion of money illusion. Keynes believed that workers would not accept nominal decreases in wages but that they could be fooled via inflation, a belief that only an elitist could have. If the cost of living goes up and wages stay the same, then real wages go down and presumably employment goes up (or down less than it otherwise would).

Inflation, the critical tool in the Keynesian paradigm, has been used regularly.

Since the formation of the Federal Reserve, the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen almost 96%.

Could Bernanke Spark a Run on the Dollar?

....The only real fix is to lower the cost of U.S. workers relative to foreign rivals and machines, or else raise their bang for the buck. The latter, while clearly preferable, requires education and training that won’t turn things around overnight.” (“The Fed’s Magic Show Appears to Be Over”, Wall Street Journal)

In other words, the Fed is planning to give every working man and woman in the US a big pay-cut so they can go nose-to-nose with foreign labor. You can see how this blends seamlessly with Obama’s State of the Union Speech where he focused on “competition” as his central theme. More importantly, Obama reiterated his pledge to double exports in the next 5 years. The only way that can be achieved is by destroying the dollar...

If you agree that the US and European middle class must be brought to their knees and reduced to the same living standards as seen in China, Brazil and India so we can "compete" in the global labor pool. Then I guess Ron Paul is not for you.

So what does he stand for???

1. Getting rid of the FEDERAL RESERVE.

2. Bring our troops home

3. Get out of the World Trade Organization.
from 2005: www.lewrockwell.com...

Ron Paul on Free Trade

I opposed both the North American Free Trade Agreement and the World Trade Organization, both of which were heavily favored by the political establishment. Many supporters of the free trade market supported these agreements. Nearly six decades ago when the International Trade Organization was up for debate, conservatives and libertarians agreed that supranational trade bureaucracies with the power to infringe upon American sovereignty were undesirable.
Source: The Revolution: A Manifesto, by Ron Paul, p. 96 Apr 1, 2008

When the spin-meisters speak of "Free Market" they are NOT referring to an actual free market where businesses actually compete but a cheap labor source for the transnational giants. By juggling EU and USA Ag Subsidies, regulations and bans on tariffs the WTO drove farmers in third world countries off the land and into the cities thereby providing a desperate labor pool willing to endure nasty conditions and a pittance in pay.

The same method was used here in the USA to provide industry with a large Labor pool. See History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job for a description of the planned demise of US farming by the Committee on Economic Development starting right after WWII.

edit on 25-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join