It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start Reading Barcodes-How to and Why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hello A.T.S a friend just sent me an email that I almost deleted before reading its important message; Read barcodes to understand what country they came from. This ideal is wonderful! It's easy to understand and remember.

How?

The whole world is afraid of China-made "black hearted goods". China has been caught using different barcodes to say the tainted product cam from different locations.

Can you differentiate which one is made in
Taiwan or China ?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690, 691
or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.

471 is Made in Taiwan .

However, you may now refer to the barcode -
remember if the first 3 digits are:

000 - 019 GS1 US
020 - 029 Restricted distribution (MO defined)
030 - 039 GS1 US
040 - 049 Restricted distribution (MO defined)
050 - 059 Coupons
060 - 139 GS1 US
200 - 299 Restricted distribution (MO defined)
300 - 379 GS1 France
380 GS1 Bulgaria
383 GS1 Slovenija
385 GS1 Croatia
387 GS1 BIH (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
389 GS1 Montenegro
400 - 440 GS1 Germany
450 - 459 & 490 - 499 GS1 Japan
460 - 469 GS1 Russia
470 GS1 Kyrgyzstan
471 GS1 Taiwan
474 GS1 Estonia
475 GS1 Latvia
476 GS1 Azerbaijan
477 GS1 Lithuania
478 GS1 Uzbekistan
479 GS1 Sri Lanka
480 GS1 Philippines

Full listing is:www.gs1.org...

BUY USA & CANADIAN MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number.
We need every boost we can get!

Why?
If you purchase products from your own country (U.S.) we could drop our imports and help local businesses flourish. I am a small business owner, and I support my local commerce. Everyone should. I just bought a notebook with a serial number starting with "8"-Vietnam.
So, if you want more jobs buy local products from your country and we can all work together to make our country a better place. Quit waiting for "Our President" to do something about it, they can try, but it all comes down to us. We are dictating what foods we eat (full of corn syrups and chemicals I could never begin to pronounce) by not buying organic, we dictate what the dollar store sells when they use their monthly data to see who buys what. If they saw that a specific product was selling, they would buy more, heck the price may even drop a bit once supply and demand kick in.

Here are a few links regarding the subject:

www.gs1.org...
loftware.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Great information! S&F. Buy local folks. If you cannot avoid buying, buy stuff made in your country. You help keep jobs from going overseas when you do. The hell with "made in China", buy American! The old saying is true. "The job you save may be your own".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Exactly, all we need is a little education on the matter and we can help change our economies. It's the time for it, in one month we can make a difference. It's now my Agenda, and it should be yours if you are struggling in this economy, or if you/someone you know/love is without a job, spread the word.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
quote] This "ideal" is wonderful! It's easy to understand and remember.

First off thanks for posting this, its great info to have.

But please for the love of gawd learn when to use the word "idea" and not "ideal"

Ideal- noun; A person or thing regarded as perfect. ie: the temp of the pool is ideal for a quick dip

Idea- noun; A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action ie: taking a quick dip in the pool is a great idea.

mmkk

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Althou im not American but living in USA, i think this post is one of the most unique and important posts ever created. Been living here for 12 years now and i strongly agree that jobs need to be created here and stimulate local economy. What looks better on the back of the products, Made in China or Made in U.S.A.? Made in U.S.A. is automatically registered as "safe and reliable" in almost everyone's brains in the world. So yea buy american products bring jobs back here and put an end to this paycheck to paycheck lifestyle of citizens of the worlds greatest country, which should not be the case.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
One day when I went shopping, I experimented and when I picked up items I wanted...9 out of 10 items was made in China........very very depressing

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Ty and appreciate your time and effort in compiling this list
We all know (or should be aware) that one of the main agendas of the USA (fourth reich) is to eliminate small business and bankrupt the small business owner and make it so that there will be less and less people wanting to or owning a small business.
Also their agenda is for you to buy tainted food products that make you unhealthy and sick so they can ensure you need medical treatment to feed their sick twisted AMA and insurance companies.
THE MONEY IS IN THE MEDICINE AND DRUGS NOT THE CURE
It is up to each individual to do his or her part to do the right thing and do what is best for their family and their country and never trust your gov't or big business to do it for you.
People have relied on and believed in their gov't and big business for far to long and look where it got you.
The time and effort you put in to do a little research to buy the right products for you and your family will pay off ten times in the long run but you must start now and not procrastinate day after day and year after year.
I dream of peace and harmony but wake up to reality.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Wow, I am going to see for myself as I shop in the future, but everything on my desk is; "Made in China". What have we done to ourselves and our economy?

Although I am an American, this rule should go for nearly all countries, you should always export more than you import.

I can at least say that I am going to change. I know at least 100 people without a job (friends, friends of friends, family members, etc.)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lastidealist

Powerful words...
I hope we all become conscious of our spending habits.

Really how long do you think it would take to boost the economy?
1-month

That's what I would give it. If a Mom & Pop company suddenly had an increase in picnic tables made from plastic and steel it would generate a ton of work. You now have clerical, manufacturing, shipping, receiving, laborers, and more. I am telling you what a difference 1000 people could make by purchasing 5 of 10 products in America instead of overseas.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
One day when I went shopping, I experimented and when I picked up items I wanted...9 out of 10 items was made in China........very very depressing

Here is a very interesting link from ATS a while back...it is about how China practically owns us:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Great link thanks!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690, 691
or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.

Err, I thought the first 3 codes refered to the country where the goods are PACKAGED.

While you are probably right about the above numbers meaning the goods were made in China, it could also be true that goods made in China but shipped to another country for final packaging then get the packing countries barcode.

EG: goods made in China.
Shipped in bulk to say... Bulgaria.
Packed in retail packaging and given a "380 GS1" code of Bulgaria.
And nobody is any wiser, they can still fool us into buying their plastic rubbish if we don't like buying Chinese.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember discussing this in the past.

Any info anyone.

EDIT...FOUND THIS:

According to Snopes, the first three digits of the barcode merely indicate in which country the barcode was assigned, not in which country the product was produced.

So, for example, a company that is based in Switzerland but has a manufacturing plant in China would have a Swiss barcode.

Source - "Eat This"

Additional "SNOPES" Source
edit on 25/5/2011 by nerbot because: Added Stuff

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
And if you put a zebra through the bar code scanner it comes up as frozen peas.
;-)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
wow never knew this! Posting to come back to later.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the information.

This kind of information should be posted throughout our retail stores so everyone would have the chance to choose where the item they were purchasing came from.

If most people had a choice, and they could actually interact in that choice by or out of curiosity and discovery,they just might choose a slightly more expensive item to support their community, country, or continent.

If a store did post this information they might generate more business. BUY AT CHEAPCO, WHERE Y0U DECIDE WHAT COUNTRY GETS YOUR MONEY>

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

You are right, many cases of fraud occur in the news when companies simply alter the barcode, and when they have a manufacturing facility in another country. But we can catch on to these minor details.
From what I have seen most companies that manufacture in the U.S. make it very clear that they are hometown proud. Other countries HIDE IT, or they just say made in ...

We need to boost our economy with more info, thanks for the replies guys!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Easier to just look atthe "Made In ..." tag. heh

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

but
I've noticed that it says "packaged in" --which to me means it isn't home grown. I am particularly attentive to food products now. Great subject for us to think about. Thanks. S&F

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

If it says 'packaged in', then you know it wasn't made/produced in the same place.

IF it was made locally, or at least in the US, it would say so.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Its always best to use local vendors for buying goods, but unfortunately 95% of people will just goto the supermarket and buy whats there which is from all over the world. I think its mad how people dont care about supporting british farmers here but peopple would rather save a few pence

top topics

<<   2 >>

join