It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How disrespectful is Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maybe he hit his head when "the beast" got stuck in Dublin. Do you remember the sound it made? lol

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Context.
It matters.

But hell with that, it's easier and more satisfying to hate. Makes one feel all political, knowledge and intelligent.

Context? here on ATS before jumping to ignorant conclusions .....please........you'll be asking us to research facts before making assumptions next!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ENlGMA

But we do not know for sure any of what you have listed! There is no concrete evidence atall that he was not born in the U.S.

Of course to be in his job he has to be the representative of the system. He has to play it a certain way to represent those who have supported him and do support him. That is politics.

People are not dumb. Most people in the U.S and U.K want things to be the way they are and do not want any changes right now, as the recent U.K elections on voting reform clearly demonstrated. We are a minority who are a little ahead I guess and are seeing the possibilities for much harm and abuse. However, we must accept that we are the minority right now. We cannot force everyone else to believe as we do. We can just keep on exploring our concerns and voicing them as best we can.

I think we have all got to be more realistic about what we expect. I am learning all the time. I mean I am against the concept of the NWO. Would you rather have me as President with all my failings and flaws and wacky ideas? Would I be better than him at representing the U.S because I don't believe in the NWO. I tell you now I would screw it all up because I am no good at politics and I would make so many mistakes.

We can't hate our rivals. I just know it is my decision that a NWO order will in the end lead to a nightmare and I want those who lead us to be aware of my fears.

Obama is entitled also to let us know what he thinks about religion. He is actually correct on this in many ways. If the U.S in its foreign and domestic policy was to take Jesus word for word you can bet tomorrow that they would be trodden all over by her enemies. That is coming from someone who is a Christian, too. I practice as many of Jesus' ways as I can in my life and have constantly been walked all over for it. I would go even as far to say that Christianity is a PERSONAL relationship with God and Jesus even had respect for the Romans and Authority, even though He knew they would kill Him. Remember the Centurion, who's servant He healed? Jesus has not come back yet and it is men who must decide upon the way to go. They can look to GOD for answers to each problem if they so choose.

Thinking further, you know the Bible says nothing about peacing out. Jesus said that He did not come to bring peace but a sword! Revelations describes Jesus as returning as One who fights wars righteously!!! I intend to think more on that one.

Nothing is as straight foward as it seems when we truely study it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
How disrespectful is Obama, he started to give his speech during the UK national anthem, that is appalling, OBAMA YOU DONT TALK DURING A NATIONAL ANTHEM.

Story here:
Sky News
edit on 25/5/2011 by wlasikiewicz because: added link

This is one of the most considerate and respectful Presidents we have had.
Don't go making me pull up the old Bush tapes ...PLeeze!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russh50
Barry and Michelle are both a disgrace to the people of the US. 1st he sends back the bust of Winston Churchill, then he sends the Queen dvds as a gift and she can't even wath them because they weren't made for european players. The world will be a better place when those two go back to Chicago.

I think he should have given the Queen and everyone in Buckingham Palace a Snuggie!
They don't really heat the place.
edit on 25-5-2011 by newcovenant because: spell check is turning against me!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

We've done it before and we'll do it again if there's good enough reason.

Perhaps you should spend a little time learning a bit of history before coming out with such stupid and inaccurate statements.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Obama seems like an ok sort of guy....for a politician....to be honest I'm not particularly fond of any of them!

But the one thing that has really pissed me off with him, as it does when other's say it, is his repeated use of the incorrect title 'The Queen Of England'.
There is no such person as The Queen Of England; Liz is The Queen Of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Calling her The Queen Of England is like calling Obama The President Of New England!
edit on 25/5/11 by Freeborn because: punctuation

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
obama is an @hole - especially when it comes to America and Americans ...
second line
third

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
You don't have the gall to put the Royals in their place.

Perhaps you should get your own FUBAR country in order before criticising us, eh ?

There's a good chap.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
talking over the national anthem whilst standing next to the queen. but its ok because we've got a 'special relationship'

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubes
How about how disrespectful is that band for playing over Obama's speech???? Good grief people lighten up on the man he's not perfect he is after all only human.

Absolutely agree.

This has to be one of the weakest reasons for disliking Obama that I've ever heard (I'm English by the way). But I suppose if the bandleaders gaff hadn't been superimposed over Obama (to make him the guilty party) ... then it would have been something else ... like picking his napkin up with the wrong hand ... or not chewing his food enough times ... and god forbid he should swallow to quickly.

Get a grip people !

There are more important things happening in the world at this moment in time than a petty etiquette error (whoever was at fault) !

Woody

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

i agree, i dont think its a big deal, its funny rather than offensive. but...how is it that every sportsman/woman in the world knows not to talk during national anthems, yet the worlds most powerfull person doesnt seem to have a clue?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
reply to post by woodwytch

i agree, i dont think its a big deal, its funny rather than offensive. but...how is it that every sportsman/woman in the world knows not to talk during national anthems, yet the worlds most powerfull person doesnt seem to have a clue?

I understand your point to a degree ... but let's face it many British sportsmen and women don't even know the words to the national anthem ... they can often be seen mumbling away incoherently ... praying for the camera to move quickly along
so I don't think we can be too 'holier than thou' using them as an example for etiquette.

But if you go back to the OP and watch the video in the link, you will see that it was in fact the band who were in error and not Obama.

Woody

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Its pretty obvious that Obama's programing went wrong. He is after all just a hologram created by Harp. Luckily the US has some birthers who can see through the smoke and mirrors, they'll save us all in 2012.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
His timing was off, or was the bands timing off?
I think the band was keeping speed with the teleprompter but obama wasn't reading fast enough. All in all, I got a tingle up my leg. I think anytime obama could be interrupted, ... do it!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ENlGMA

"insulting the old ways of God"? Seriously? The birth certificate debate is over...Although I'm with you on the changes that didn't happen, The whole God part just really sounds like something a radical muslim would say....I suppose you want his tongue cut out for lying, too.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
oh noo an american talked during the british anthem what a shock, is he even american?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
Sorry, but just to add as an after thought:

I know in the U.S there are many who have differing opinions about Obama (always is like that in politics, nothing new). Yet internationally I would go as far as to say Obama is the most popular President since Kennedy. I might not agree with him on many fronts, but the man does have charm and he is certainly a very very polite and gracious man and he is well liked here in the UK.

His popularity is a myth. We already had our Obama in Tony Blair. I don't know how it is across the waters but in most of Europe attitudes towards Obama are very pessimistic.

America is still regarded as the biggest threat to world peace. But I suppose our media create a nice illusion of him being liked.

Only the Germans like him, to turn up and prove to the world they're no longer bigots

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

America is still not very liked, Obama on the other hand is very popular in Europe. If he is the focus of hatred in the USA it's more than likely that the world will resent the USA even more for being so opposed to their favourite president.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by NadaCambia

America is still not very liked, Obama on the other hand is very popular in Europe. If he is the focus of hatred in the USA it's more than likely that the world will resent the USA even more for being so opposed to their favourite president.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's popular in any way. Maybe relative to Bush or when he was first elected, but now? If you asked a selection of teenagers I could see it.

The world still dislikes America with Obama, even after Bush. I can't see much change in opinion based on Presidency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join