It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How disrespectful is Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How disrespectful is Obama, he started to give his speech during the UK national anthem, that is appalling, OBAMA YOU DONT TALK DURING A NATIONAL ANTHEM.

Story here:
Sky News
edit on 25/5/2011 by wlasikiewicz because: added link

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

And why not?! I think its the perfect time to have a Chat, when everyone else is pre-occupied with self-absorbing themselves in the true magnificence of their corrupt country

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

As i recall Obama was a good few minutes into the speech when the band started playing "God Save the Queen"...And I think it was planned out.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

He was already speaking and asking everyone to stand and raise their glasses to the Queen, they messed up and started playing because the Queen stood and they assumed that his speech was done. Nothing disrespectful about it, infact it worked quite well with the anthem behind his speech IMO.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Really he should have just stopped talking when the band started and then either start again or carry on from where he left off.

In my book he has no respect for the UK.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'm sure the Queen has heard the tune enough times not to be too bothered about missing a few bars for Barry's speech. I think she quite likes the informal, protocol-ignoring first family. Remember Michelle giving the Queen a hug. Not done, usually, but HM didn't mind at all.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Barry and Michelle are both a disgrace to the people of the US. 1st he sends back the bust of Winston Churchill, then he sends the Queen dvds as a gift and she can't even wath them because they weren't made for european players. The world will be a better place when those two go back to Chicago.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Of all the ridiculous reasons to hate the man, this ranks up on the Top 5.

Boo hoo, Britons. Go back to worshiping William and Kate. You don't have the gall to put the Royals in their place.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Really he should have just stopped talking when the band started and then either start again or carry on from where he left off.

In my book he has no respect for the UK.

Or next time hire a band leader that isn't stupid enough to start playing while someone is giving a speech.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Or next time hire a band leader that isn't stupid enough to start playing while someone is giving a speech.

He still should have paused or stopped, there is no excuse.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
How about how disrespectful is that band for playing over Obama's speech???? Good grief people lighten up on the man he's not perfect he is after all only human.

link   
People just love to find ways to hate Obama, no matter how much they have to clutch at straws to do so. He made a little mistake and does things a little bit differently, big deal! that doesn't mean he's disrespectful. I'm willing to bet the Royals are tired of all that crappy ceremony they HAVE to go through anyway, it must be horrible having such a tedious existence. At least this official visit has actually been marginally exciting instead of the usual dreary bowing and shaking hands for the cameras.

link   

Originally posted by Russh50
Barry and Michelle are both a disgrace to the people of the US. 1st he sends back the bust of Winston Churchill, then he sends the Queen dvds as a gift and she can't even wath them because they weren't made for european players. The world will be a better place when those two go back to Chicago.

Wow so no one in the royal family or anyone who works for them knows how to unlock a DVD player?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

He still should have paused or stopped, there is no excuse.

It sounded fine and the Queen cracked a smile. It's not a big deal.
edit on 25-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Context.
It matters.

But hell with that, it's easier and more satisfying to hate. Makes one feel all political, knowledge and intelligent.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

In real terms his visits here to Ireland and UK have been a resounding success. Man, with all that pressure on me I would be boobing up hundreds of times more than Obama has. He is a very sharp man.

So lets all hate Obama because the band started too soon, or he wrote one digit wrong in a guest book or his car got stuck because the roads in Ireland and England are not as good as American roads.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Obama is disrespectful but for other reasons, like lying about his birthplace to the masses, lied about change and all this other garbage. insulting the old ways of god mentioned in the bible. nwo puppet

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry, but just to add as an after thought:

I know in the U.S there are many who have differing opinions about Obama (always is like that in politics, nothing new). Yet internationally I would go as far as to say Obama is the most popular President since Kennedy. I might not agree with him on many fronts, but the man does have charm and he is certainly a very very polite and gracious man and he is well liked here in the UK.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Meh... it seems a bit of a rush job to me.. shame as I think he is only the 2nd American Pres to make a state visit to Britain.. Could have been so much more.. but hey the chattering classes like to hear the fluffy stuff so I guess even a 5 minuet visit is seen as good.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't know ... maybe burn a seppo flag when they play their anthem in UK ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join