It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof We Didn't Go To The Moon?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Speaking of flag moving (This really is for "NorthStarGal").......

A perfect example is from the 16mm camera that was mounted in the Lunar Lander window (It is more correctly, the "LM"....for "Lunar Module"). The camera could operate at many different frame rates, hence it is "time-lapsed"...to save film. (For Apollo 11, it was set to one frame per second).....

Here, many minutes compressed into a few, in time-lapse....to see the flag NOT moving, as the Astronauts went about their business, outside, IN A VACUUM!:

This is from the DAC (Data Acquisition Camera) and is edited, and digitally "zoomed" in by this YouTube poster.

More: The Cameras of Apollo

And, The Maurer 16mm Data Acquisition Camera

Here's more of that same footage, this time in full frame (not digitally zoomed in, and manipulated). Shows more of the event....and, this time the YouTuber added a pleasant song, for soundtrack (I prefer the audio of the radio communications...but, that would never match, since this is in time-lapse....understand?):

edit on Sun 29 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Go to the Hubble Space Telescope site and learn a bit about its imagery. You can see Hubble photos of the Apollo landings there, they are inferior to the LROC photos because it is not designed to photograph the moon!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great stuff Weed buddy!

Its quite easy to find a myriad of Apollo footage on Youtube and not surprisingly, at nasa.gov too!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
I would think that would of been really simple as he had a flag and all he would had to do is let go of it with of course some type of string attached so the it didn’t fly off into space somewhere lol . oh I’m being silly aren’t I ..

But seriously I am not being silly,, the rover itself would of flipped over during turns do to the gravity issue everyone seems to ignore

Yes, yes you are.

I'm going to try this one more time. The gravity issue you say people are ignoring IS NOT REAL. The moon HAS gravity, not as much as earth but still a significant amount. Everyone ignores your "gravity issue" because even most moon hoax conspiracy theorists KNOW the moon has gravity. Maybe you were thinking about atmosphere? The moon does not have an atmosphere.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by NorthStargal52

You have a lot to learn, and man, many misconceptions to remove, it is obvious.....before you will be able to comprehend, fully the science and technical details. See, this question:

Can someone tell me where any one of the two Aldrin or Armstrong demonstrated anything being weightless after they stepped out of the module ??

THAT question is based on poor understanding, and flawed assumptions, from the outset.

The Moon has a gravitational field....so, when on the surface, you are not "weightless".

Why don't you find the nearest library, get a card, and start borrowing some books....to read up on, and learn about, the Space Program. Take a few months, you have a long way to go.......

Well it's not my claim your the one who is throwing words around claiming all your expertise as to weightlessness and gravity .. id think with all your claimed intelligence you’d provide the proof lets see it!!

I happen to know what your refering to but that still dosn;t answer my question .. did those astronauts prove anything about the gravity on the moon ?? I dont care it was a piece of kleenex or how about a simple ball or a box or a can or something to show us in fact the atmosphere they were in was in fact the moons even at 1/6 gravity it would be floating .. which means they had no idea what that debris they claim to have brought back wieghed.. where was the scale ?? can you provide me information on this as how they calculated all this stuff ??

the moon is approximately 1/6 of that of the Earth. For example, I weigh 200 lbs. On the moon I would weigh 33 lbs

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

I would think that would of been really simple as he had a flag and all he would had to do is let go of it with of course some type of string attached so the it didn’t fly off into space somewhere lol . oh I’m being silly aren’t I ..

But seriously I am not being silly,, the rover itself would of flipped over during turns do to the gravity issue everyone seems to ignore

Yes, yes you are.

I'm going to try this one more time. The gravity issue you say people are ignoring IS NOT REAL. The moon HAS gravity, not as much as earth but still a significant amount. Everyone ignores your "gravity issue" because even most moon hoax conspiracy theorists KNOW the moon has gravity. Maybe you were thinking about atmosphere? The moon does not have an atmosphere.

Ok my mistake your right it has no atmosphere .. I meant the environment they were in .. still at your claim things would be floating is that not true ?? and can you prove different if you had a can that weighed 1 pound and let go of it while you were on the moon tell me what would happen to that can would it fall to the moon surface or what would happen to it ??
I never said it had no gravity I said they never proved or demonstrated it while they were on the moon and the rover wel it just dont figure out right .. but one thing at a time .. what would happen to that can if you let go of it ??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Once again, the hammer and feather drop on the moon.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ok my mistake your right it has no atmosphere .. I meant the environment they were in .. still at your claim things would be floating is that not true ?? and can you prove different if you had a can that weighed 1 pound and let go of it while you were on the moon tell me what would happen to that can would it fall to the moon surface or what would happen to it ??
I never said it had no gravity I said they never proved or demonstrated it while they were on the moon and the rover wel it just dont figure out right .. but one thing at a time .. what would happen to that can if you let go of it ??
If you drop something on the moon, it falls. It just accelerates at a slower rate (9.8 m/s^2 on Earth, 1.63 m/s^2 on the moon). So no, nothing would "float" on the moon.

Here's their famous hammer and feather drop. With no atmosphere to provide air resistance, the light feather and heavy hammer fall at the same rate:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Why do you keep insisting thing would "float" in 1/6th gravity?? You really need to go learn, more....at the library, as I suggested. Or, have someone take you flying....you can simulate lower G-forces (and higher G, too) in an airplane.

....which means they had no idea what that debris they claim to have brought back wieghed.. where was the scale ??

"claim" to have brought back??? OH, brother........! (face/palm)

There was no need***

***I see, nataylor beat me to the research!
I also commend the idea, that I didn't take into consideration, about space craft CG. Damn, I should have realized that! LOL.....

....for a "scale" (although, interesting....might have been a method used...besides just judging it in one's hand). The sample return boxes and bags were of specific dimensions.....rocks of various materials have a known density, here on Earth. From density, and size (volume) you can estimate weight. (IN one G). Engineers, when knowing the sample container volume, then could estimate the MAXIMUM mass that could be accomodated in them....so, the Astronauts could never (overload) the space craft.....the few pounds, here or there, are negligible to thrust calculations.

The samples were weighed, here on Earth, as part of their examinations...to get the accurate data. Then, working backwards, you can figure what a "scale" on the Moon would "weigh" them at.......

....the moon is approximately 1/6 of that of the Earth. For example, I weigh 200 lbs. On the moon I would weigh 33 lbs ...

You have finally made an accurate statement. The same bathroom scale, IF you took it to the Moon, and then stepped on it, would read as you described.

"Weight" is a familiar term.....read up on the physics (the library, again) to understand the relationship of weight, gravitational fields (acceleration rates, due to gravity), and mass......

edit on Sun 29 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

LOL haha that was so funny .. but yet as he walks away his steps were obviously showing a bit of gravity loss .. wow what a magical show .. yeah wonder what magicians they contacted firsr to get some advice as how to make a vid like this .. great try but not at all impressed .. now try reading what others have said about gravity while at NASA .. floating around in that simulated wieghtlesness compartment .. id like to see what a feather would do in there lol

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok enough with the hammer and feather experiment .. while it maybe true and its just that the way they claim they brought 800 sum pounds back they still had no idea what it wieghed . and really that was my main point
that in itself should tell you something ..

.. and if they used a ball like a basket ball and bounced it off the moons surface it would have proved it also .. so there are or were other experiments they could of done .. instead they only did one .. not a very good source of proof when in fact so many of the vids look fake..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by nataylor

LOL haha that was so funny .. but yet as he walks away his steps were obviously showing a bit of gravity loss .. wow what a magical show .. yeah wonder what magicians they contacted firsr to get some advice as how to make a vid like this .. great try but not at all impressed .. now try reading what others have said about gravity while at NASA .. floating around in that simulated wieghtlesness compartment .. id like to see what a feather would do in there lol
I would say, as others have, that your understanding of gravity is flawed. As I stated, there is still gravity on the moon. The acceleration induced by it is around 1/6th that of earth. So that means that things still do fall towards the moon.

There is a very large difference between the moon and a weightless environment. A feather in a weightless environment would, obviously, float stationary, given no outside forces.

As for the weight of the rock samples, they did indeed know how much everything weighed. The samples were palced in weigh bags, which were then measured with a scale. From the Apollo Geology Tool Catalog:

Knowing the acceleration due to gravity on the moon and the reading from the scale, they could determine the mass of the samples. This was very important, because they had to distribute the mass of the samples across the stowage locations in the Lunar Module so they would know the center of gravity of the craft when it came time to launch.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

They weren't targeting a particular weight to bring back, (though a slight concern for the LM to jettison from the moon surface to rendezvous with the command module, which is why the cameras, empty tanks, and other non-essential weight was left behind on the moon to assure the Ascent Propulsion System (APS) engine; and enough fuel, battery power, cooling water, and breathing oxygen was sufficient to return to lunar orbit and rendezvous with the Apollo Command/Service Module. The ascent stage also carried lunar rock and soil samples back with the crew, as much as 238 pounds (108 kg) on Apollo 17).

Simple math can solve the issue of how much moon rock they had on-board, they aren't like first graders you know. They are extraordinary daredevil men that had little assurance of their safety on the missions they signed up for.

So much is not considered about the actual men on these missions to the average conspiracy theorist, I can understand a bit about why, keyboard warriors they are.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

We hoax believers have told our side and yet everything we stated and brought out was so conveniently mutilated and manipulated an twisted around just like in this thread .. but when it comes down to really showing all the evidence and proof we have asked for .. nothing was ever gained .. just lousy weak explanations for every question asked which creates this circle of... im right your wrong .. and that’s where its really at ..

How do "Moon hoax" believers explain the Apollo moon rocks when the isotopic ratio is different to rocks on Earth?

edit on 29-5-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Some go so far as saying it was robotics that brought the samples back while also saying the Russians were 20 years ahead of the Americans with extra-planetary robotics. Quite funny don't you think? You let a conspiracy theorist explain his beliefs long enough he contradicts his own belief logic. Funny/sad.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Some go so far as saying it was robotics that brought the samples back while also saying the Russians were 20 years ahead of the Americans with extra-planetary robotics. Quite funny don't you think? You let a conspiracy theorist explain his beliefs long enough he contradicts his own belief logic. Funny/sad.

Even today's robotic probes can only collect approx 1 KG of lunar rock............do they REALLY think that the Russians could have collected almost 400KG over 40 years ago......you gotta laugh!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by manmental

Go to the Hubble Space Telescope site and learn a bit about its imagery. You can see Hubble photos of the Apollo landings there, they are inferior to the LROC photos because it is not designed to photograph the moon!

Wow!! Why don't you post those irrefutable photos here or give us a link to the photos!

AWESOME DUDE.. I'd love to be sure we landed on the moon!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental

And you explain the moon rocks how exactly
........I'd love to be sure you have the proof to disprove the Apollo moon rocks!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by manmental

And you explain the moon rocks how exactly
........I'd love to be sure you have the proof to disprove the Apollo moon rocks!

Sorry? I think you are putting words into my mouth young kung fu master. And what does 'puz' mean?

edit.. oh! if you type 'puz' you get a puzzled emoticon... i don't do the faces.
edit on 29-5-2011 by manmental because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2011 by manmental because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join