It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof We Didn't Go To The Moon?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Where is the inflammatory attempt?
"Occam's razor is only meant to stimulate discussion when it is used to eliminate conspiracy theories. "

Right, that's not meant to be a cheap shot inflammatory remark. Nope. No way. Impossible. You wouldn't do that.

Where I did this?

Where you did this? Where you did this was where you decided to argue about Occam's razor and try to make the case that Occam's razor isn't good enough. That was a tacit admission that mine was the likelier explanation, but to you that doesn't matter.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by RUSSO
Where is the inflammatory attempt?
"Occam's razor is only meant to stimulate discussion when it is used to eliminate conspiracy theories. "

Right, that's not meant to be a cheap shot inflammatory remark. Nope. No way. Impossible. You wouldn't do that.

Where I did this?

Where you did this? Where you did this was where you decided to argue about Occam's razor and try to make the case that Occam's razor isn't good enough. That was a tacit admission that mine was the likelier explanation, but to you that doesn't matter.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

I gave you a link where everything is well explained HERE is the link again. Sorry if this affects your belief system. And I think you dont like games.

And what the heck is a likelier explanation after all? I dont like(lier) this explanation. Im not a minimalist.

Again, Sorry if this affects your belief system. I dont know if you know but there is another views on the razor:

Occam's razor is not an embargo against the positing of any kind of entity, or a recommendation of the simplest theory come what may[55] (note that the simplest theory could be something like "only I exist" or "nothing exists").

The other things in question are the evidential support for the theory.[56] Therefore, according to the principle, a simpler but less correct theory should not be preferred over a more complex but more correct one. It is this fact which gives the lie to the common misinterpretation of Occam's razor that "the simplest" one is usually the correct one."

For instance, classical physics is simpler than more recent theories; nonetheless it should not be preferred over them, because it is demonstrably wrong in certain respects.

Occam's razor says that when you have two alternative explanations for something, choose the one which requires the fewest assumptions. This does not always work. Imagine debating with a person who disagrees passionately with you on some issue. Imagine you bring up a fact that totally demolishes his argument. So now he has a choice - to minimize, deny or explain away the fact, or to jettison a whole group of assumptions and buy a whole new set. Which behavior of his is more likely?

But if a fact requires that you revise many assumptions, maybe sometimes that is the way to go.
And if a fact requires that you build a whole scenario to explain it, its not very likely that you will believe the fact.
One example of this was in the town of Sighet, (then Hungary) in the early stages of WWII. A man came to this Jewish village and warned them that he had seen Nazis massacring Jews. The inhabitants of the village decided he was insane. Part of the reason was that they had encountered German soldiers in a previous war WWI, and the Germans had behaved. Part of the reason was that they could not think of any motivation that would impel people to kill them.

In other words, they could either believe the "fact" was not a fact, and indeed was a hallucination, or they could have to construct a whole lot of assumptions about human nature etc.

So they used Occam's razor.

And that got them killed.

Sighet Story Source: All rivers run to the sea - by Elie Wiesel

And again, Last chance. (because you dont like games and neither am I)

Where is the track in that picture???

edit on 28-5-2011 by RUSSO because: Where is the track?

edit on 28-5-2011 by RUSSO because: Where is the track?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Has anyone ever thought about why it is we really never went back to the moon ??
and for those believers that claim that all missions to the moon were real can you tell me then why we never went back we had all the equiptment right ??

cause you claim we went there several times so why have we gone back ??

So then there was really no reason why we couldn't of did more exploring up there than we have done .. right ??

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The craft hasn't moved yet, did you miss the part where the two astronauts were picking the craft off of the ground (several times from Weedwhacker's video) before they loaded up the remaining equipment? This (without positive reference) is a photo of them before they fired up the craft and took a ride.

Very common for the astronauts to photograph operations on the moon before, during, and after assignments, those crafty astronauts doing things to fool the uneducated masses, how dare they!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
reply to post by JPhish

Yep it's 100% certain we just blasted the Apollo 11 off it was in above earth orbit,,,Yipee,, great it traveled around earth a few times and then landed ..

Now that was in 1969... yep it was 41 years ago and we still havn't went back .. but yet we have heard every excuse as to why we cant go back ..cough !cough !.. or couldnt go back??? why couldnt we go back ?? we already had the rocket & launch pad .. doesn't the ISS use the same space shuttle over an over?? .. haha ..

Yet they claim an say ..oh its the money ,, so then what happens they have money to build the ISS oh ok .. blah blah blah .. lies and more lies .. so yeah no one said its inpossible but yet it dont take 41 years to get back to the moon and money was a poor excuse IMO more like they havnt figured it all out yet lol
edit on 27-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling and paragraph spacing

Apollo was specifically designed to land humans on the moon and return astronauts safely back to earth, it was a single objective mission that used the entire space program budget for nearly the entire decade. Sending astronauts to the moon is no longer in any return of investment doctrine because there are the other things that President Kennedy said could wait until this objective is conquered, like sending communications satellites into orbit, earth and space observatories, and so on.

Tell us what value is to be gained to send people to the moon today, to satisfy the speculations of a disinterested internet skeptic? Well, if you come up with about 150 billion dollars to finance the mission(s) maybe even NASA will listen to you, take your finance and proposals to Space X (because they don't lie like NASA), until then there are serious space related experimentations and studies going on not exclusively aboard the ISS.

Tell us what were the Russian's to gain by not blowing the lid off of telling the world Apollo was a lie? What did they gain by withholding their (seemingly data backed proof) that Apollo was a lie?

Typical conspiracy theorist thought process. "I don't know the reason for this, so I'm going to label it "strange" or "suspicious" and file it under "evidence of nefarious activities". Sad.
Argument from Ignorance

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
FYI, the empty moon rover weighed 210 kilos, or 463 pounds, but on the moon that's just over 77 pounds, easily such a craft was handled by two astronauts before loading to take a ride on, of which most of the payload was the astronauts themselves, of which exceed the weight of the empty buggy, designed to hold a payload of an additional 1,080 lbs.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Illustronic because: to correct math

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Has anyone ever thought about why it is we really never went back to the moon ??

Yes. It was TOO expensive, and Congress cut the budget. What is so difficult to understand, there?? You see it all of the time, in budget battles, even today.....on many things.

Back, then (as now) there were MANY people that thought the Space Program was a waste of money. These constituents told their Representatives and Senators...and, those Congress people wanted to get re-elected....

...and for those believers that claim that all missions to the moon were real can you tell me then why we never went back we had all the equiptment right ??

NO, not "all" of it. Apollo 18, 19 and 20 were canceled

Several missions of the Apollo program were canceled during the 1960s and 1970s, due to budget limitations or schedule constraints. The most notable of these were three Moon landing missions, Apollos 18, 19 and 20, which had received some level of planning, but there were a variety of other, later planned flights. Some of these were incorporated into the Apollo Applications Program, of which the only result was the Skylab space station.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please, instead of tossing out mistaken "beliefs", do some research!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Speaking of "dumb"....:

Yeah every picture I have ever seen from NASA regarding moon landings are so fake .. no stars in the background just really dumb .

Do not understand??? Ever used a camera?? Do you not understand exposure settings, in bright lighting situations??

Go out on a very clear, starry night. Find a bright lamp post. Stand your subject (to represent an Astronaut) under the light, so he is illuminated, for the photo. Arrange the photo so the dark, starry night sky is in the background. Take your pictures, so that the subject, who is illuminated, is exposed at proper levels.

Question: WILL you see the stars in the photos????

(Hint: Answer, no...)

Of course, all these claims of "fake" are so ridiculous....it assumes that people at NASA were stupid??? See how ridiculous this is?

edit on Sat 28 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Speaking on about a failure to comprehend.....:

Yep it's 100% certain we just blasted the Apollo 11 off it was in above earth orbit,,,Yipee,, great it traveled around earth a few times and then landed ..

NOT ONLY was the TLI burn visible to any amateur enthusiast with a telescope (there were many), ALL the radio communications were listened in on by Ham radio hobbyists. The radio signals were DIRECTIONAL.....and came only from the direction of space, and the Moon. Continually, whenever the Earth's surface was pointed in that direction, depending on where on Earth the Ham radio users lived.

In Low Earth Orbit, a typical orbit takes about 90 minutes for one revolution. So, anyone on the ground, at any single place, would KNOW that the spacecraft was moving, on orbit, rapidly across the sky...and would only be within radio range of that person, on the ground, for less than 45 minutes at a time....NOT for many, many hours, while the Moon (AND the Apollo space craft) were in the Earth's sky....

These claims, ALL of them, are beyond ridiculous.

Apollo WAS REAL!! Get over it, and face it. Learn it. Deny your ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

A thread started nearly TWO years ago. Time to catch up, learn some science facts, and join the 21st century, and reality:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To repeat myself, from a day or so back.....Did you know how the "Hoax" nonsense was started? And, by whom?

Bill Kaysing, former worker for one of the many contractors (Teledyne) who built hardware, and provided support, for NASA.

.....a young man from the Vietnam wars by the name of John Grant. He said that he was sent to Vietnam to kill people with no good reason and he also got a heroin habit, and he says, 'Bill,' he says, 'what I want you to do is blow the whistle on this rotten, corrupt government.' He says, 'Why don't you say something outrageous, like, we never went to the moon?'

hpanwo.darkbb.com...

(continuing)....

So right there he admits he made it all up to embarrass the government. However Kaysing had no problem with crapping all over the names of people who worked on Apollo, hundreds of thousands of people he [snip] on and [snipped] on the graves of the ones that died in pursuit of this amazing achivement.

I recently found this post on Bill Kaysing giving - if true - a possible reason for his hatred to NASA:

www.universetoday.com... opic=500&st=0&#entry1946

www.bautforum.com...
"A friend of mine heard from Bill Keysing (famous Moon Hoax Guy) that the reason he wrote the book was to get back at NASA for a friend that was fired from the Ames lab. He sure started a negative wave moving against space exploration."

This clever video has a bit o annoying opening music, to accompany the Intro (about :50 seconds), then lays out the case against Kaysing...AND that other idiot, Ralph Rene'...:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Speaking of "dumb"....:

Yeah every picture I have ever seen from NASA regarding moon landings are so fake .. no stars in the background just really dumb .

Do not understand??? Ever used a camera?? Do you not understand exposure settings, in bright lighting situations??

Go out on a very clear, starry night. Find a bright lamp post. Stand your subject (to represent an Astronaut) under the light, so he is illuminated, for the photo. Arrange the photo so the dark, starry night sky is in the background. Take your pictures, so that the subject, who is illuminated, is exposed at proper levels.

Question: WILL you see the stars in the photos????

(Hint: Answer, no...)

Of course, all these claims of "fake" are so ridiculous....it assumes that people at NASA were stupid??? See how ridiculous this is?

edit on Sat 28 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

YEAH SPEAKING of DUMB as you say .. ok DUMB..

Mission Mass (kg) Booster Launched goal Mission result
Lunar Orbiter 1.. 386 Atlas - Agena 10...August 1966 ...Lunar orbiter Success ...1,160 km X 189 km x 12 deg orbit, 208 m period, 80 day photography mission
Lunar Orbiter 2.. 386 Atlas - Agena 6 ....November 1966 ...Lunar orbiter Success ...1,860 km X 52 km x 12 deg orbit, 208 m period, 339 day photography mission
Lunar Orbiter 3.. 386 Atlas - Agena 5 ....February 1967 ...Lunar orbiter Success ...1,860 km X 52 km x 21 deg orbit, 208 m period, 246 day photography mission
Lunar Orbiter 4.. 386 Atlas - Agena 4 ....May 1967 ...Lunar orbiter Success ...6,111 km X 2,706 km x 86 deg orbit, 721 m period, 180 day photography mission
Lunar Orbiter 5.. 386 Atlas - Agena 1 ....August 1967 ...Lunar orbiter Success ...6,023 km X 195 km x 85 deg orbit, 510 m period, 183 day photography mission
here are the missions mass booster when it was launched mission goal it was a success mission result

RESULTS are in folks ..Mission Goal...yep.. Pictures... haha = gathering all the information needed to fake the moon landing and whole mission .. and thats just the a small pieceof the many documents they have on hand to this FAKE Puzzle .. they created ..

YOU will never convince me that it was real .. ok and say all you want its all rubbish all of it IMO you claim you know ..you havent provided diddley sqaut except a stupid vid and pictures I have already seen .. get a grip and go back to hoax school to learn a better way to fool all the people haha ..

wheres yer PROOF weedwaco all you profess is words and more words show me proof real proof to back up your statements .. and not fake pictures ok .

What I provided is informatio that NASA has and they did all this pre lunar investigation so that they could make it look the best they could .. and now it really shows that ot was really fake
edit on 28-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling correction

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Just like I said in the other thread that you posted this info...
...Don't you think it's possible -- even prudent -- to take lots of pictures in order look for the best Apollo landing sites?

If they went to the Moon without first conducting these reconnaissance missions, I'm sure there would be people (perhaps even yourself) arguing "How could they know where the safe/scientifically interesting places to land were if they didn't study the Moon in detail first??"

So, I have no idea how "they took lots of pictures" is somehow Moon Hoax evidence.
edit on 5/28/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes ok .. I do understand all of this ..sure they did all they could so except complete the full mission and according to all the costs for the entire apollo mission was only 25 billion not 100 billion ,, they say in compaeiso in todays dollars it would equal 100 billion but back then in the 60's and on .. the whole thng cost 25 billion. now that information reference comes from link..
COSMIC LOG
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

So here is how I believe they faked the mission to the moon landings .. IMO I feel that they NASA really wants to go to the Moon and I also believe that was the reason to build the ISS also to better help them to understand more about actual existence in outer space even if its low earth orbit ..I don’t believe they are prepared now or way beck then to have landed on the moon ,,

I absolutely think they are getting close and there seems to be a problem about all of this.. Ok I suspect that not only is the money a big deal now but I dont thnk that they have the Booster launch down pat off the moon .. if you noticed and I never hear people talking about how the Apollo boosted itself off the moon?? taking a look at how extreme it was to launch the rocket off from earth to the moon but where is the all the proof as to the launch off the moon to earth??

edit on 28-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by RUSSO

The craft hasn't moved yet, did you miss the part where the two astronauts were picking the craft off of the ground (several times from Weedwhacker's video) before they loaded up the remaining equipment? This (without positive reference) is a photo of them before they fired up the craft and took a ride.

Very common for the astronauts to photograph operations on the moon before, during, and after assignments, those crafty astronauts doing things to fool the uneducated masses, how dare they!

Very common answer. Uneducated masses would believe in such thing.

IM NOT

First you said:

How about a path track turn? the marks are behind the tire because they turned into that spot. Its a true reach to disprove moon landing with a photo you know nothing about. Give us the link to where the photo came from, would go a long way for your short point.

Now you say :

The craft hasn't moved yet, did you miss the part where the two astronauts were picking the craft off of the ground

I Think you are underestimating the intelligence of people here. Or suffer from some type of histrionic personality.

About the tracks:

the atronauts wouldn't pick up the rover for this photo. Really. If they were in the habit of picking up the Rover on the moon surface (after they assembled it) I'm sure there would be audio transcript or some evidence that they did this. Link?

If you look closely at the footprints around the tyre you see a very fresh print at the bottom of screen, perfect new print, and then above and right a foot print that has dust thrown over it (cropped in this ATS insertion, why does ATS crop photos on insert? The one in I uploaded is the whole image... anyway, you can scroll back for full image or click external link). I would expect if there were tracks that had been partially covered in kicked up dust then they would look like this footprint, and they wouldn't disappear completely.

edit on 28-5-2011 by RUSSO because: where is the track?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by JPhish

BULL!! This is laughably ridiculous:

it is 100% certain that apollo 11 faked going halfway to the moon....

Total nonsense.

It is 100% certain they faked going half way.

I actually have EVIDENCE to back my claim up.

Do you?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes ok .. I do understand all of this ..sure they did all they could so except complete the full mission and according to all the costs for the entire apollo mission was only 25 billion not 100 billion ,, they say in compaeiso in todays dollars it would equal 100 billion but back then in the 60's and on .. the whole thng cost 25 billion. now that information reference comes from link..

What is your point here?If you want to pony up financial support to go back to the moon my figure of 150 billion is in the ballpark of getting the people technologically capable of fulfillment to listen to you.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I wonder why they so conveniently lost the tapes????

missing tapes are missing slow-scan television (SSTV) recordings of the lunar transmissions broadcast during the Apollo 11 moonwalk, which was the first time man would ever step foot on the moon and they blew it by saying all the tapes were lost .. ok .. NOW can anyone tell me why that happened ?? and I will give you my Opinion ..
they have the Tapes alright only thing is they arent real moon landing tapes they are the fake staged Hollywood tapes .. and pictures of the moon and photo chopped images of Glen and Buz .. nsg52 shakes her head rolls her eyes and says thank goodness for all those people who really looked into this hoax ..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join