It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What knife do you carry??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Who are you guys with the "holier than thou" attitude telling people they can't carry knives?

Maybe we should ban pens too?
www.nbcnewyork.com...
www.shootersforum.com...

What about cars? Look at all of the accidents that happen every year with cars and how many people get killed? Aren't cars weapons too? Shouldn't they be banned?

The fact is, knives are tools, not just weapons, but all of you so brainwashed by the media and incidents in the news tell yourselves "oh, those barbarians and their knives, why can't they be civil like my angelic self?"

It's moronic and it comes downs to having a skillset and being responsible.

I would advise all of you to watch this video and see if it broadens your horizons a bit more.
www.youtube.com...

Moving on, I find myself partial to carrying a CRKT Hissatsu.

Very cool looking knife and more practical than the blade appears.

edit on 8-1-2012 by vagabond50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by vagabond50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
ok, I carry my Leatherman multitool , some wire, and duck-tape with me where-ever I go. If I go out into the forest it is strapped to my belt, along with my Nikon fieldmicroscope and some collection vials. In the city it is always in my backpack, or if I go out on a job, it is always in my toolkit together with my multimeter and oscilloscope.

My knife has extra tips for the screwdriver, (semi) nice pliers, a nice small file, a hole punch, and other things. It is just a very indispensable tool for me, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I was just reading this thread, I'm amazed how many people don't get it why someone would carry a knife

It's a tool, I've carried a knife all my adult life and you would be amazed how many times you pull it out on 1 day for tasks.
If you are used to it, you don't leave the house without it...
On topic : I carry a Spyderco PM1 PM2 or a Delica4

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: drneville
Same, a cutting tool is always handy when you need one.
I live in the UK and our law requires a knife carrier to justify, or present a particular reason for carrying one as per:
www.gov.uk...

It is an offence to in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife - or carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)

I'm in general construction so I carry all sorts on my toolbelt in the day, but my 'always on me' knife is folding with a 2.5 inch blade length and on my bunch of keys. I use it regularly for all sorts of random stuff like opening up ridiculous product packaging or digging a wart out of my finger lol.

Last time I was arrested (and released without charge) the police had no problem giving the knife back to me, even though a 2.5 inch sharp blade can kill a man as easily as a 9 inch 'rambo' knife. The knife laws here are a bit daft really, there are no specific laws (aside from 'offensive weapons') controlling wood chisels, and I have a couple that would be a preferred weapons of choice if in the wrong situation.

Legislation in itself will never stop criminals, it is why they are called criminals...people who choose not to comply with the law - it is why banning guns in the US would just leave the non-criminals unarmed against the illegally held gun owning crim's.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Here in Belgium you also must have a valid reason to carry a knife (work related etc...)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I've actually been carrying a cheap $1 folding knife from walmart. At first I just grabbed it because it was by the door on the way out, but I've actually put it to some use opening stuff and its quite handy.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I carry a matte black Gerber Swagger. Partially serrated, I use it constantly and when I somehow forget it at home my day is ruined.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Spyderco Delica with ZDP 189 is always on my person, and I have a few Victorinox Outrider swiss army knives: one in the briefcase and one for each car.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As for pocket knives I carry a Gerber Gator. But when fishing or hunting or most anything outdoors I carry a Gerber Bear Grylls Survival knife.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I carry a SOG Seal Pup Elite most days, which is a wonderful little fixed blade in my opinion and is great for everyday use. My only complaint with it being it's POS sheath from the factory, it's way too sloppy in the hold department. My other main knife is a Becker BK9 made by KA-BAR. The BK9 is a huge knife but is great for making kindling and trimming trees. I chopped through a 3" diameter tree the first day I had it in a few minutes with the edge maintaining decent edge retention. My next knives will be twin ESEE Izulas or D'Eskabars (Becker BK14 in Do tool steel) one for the missus and one for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Since I am always on a tight budget, I don't have any expensive knives.

I have a small Winchester locking blade that I got for christmas that I carry the most because it is small.

I have a Mora that I take out fishing and other outdoor activities. I have a Camillus titanium guthook that I use a quite a bit hell I skinned a deer with it.

I like knives, but money is the issue for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: zirazira
Heres a question what knife do you carry around most of the time...
In the city and outside...

In the town or on my person most of the time I have a very old wooden handled lock knife thats blade has been sharpened so often it's half it's original size and a work knife called a Viper that had a lock knife and a Stanley blade (I work for a stonemason and traditional builder) when I go into the wilderness (of Scotland) I carry a wooden handled fixed blade suitable for gutting fish and rabbits, I never bother sharpening sticks with a blade, I find fire does a better job. I do have a little throwing knife with a sliding balance...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
General day-to-day I've got a small paring knife with a plastic cover over the blade in my handbag - very useful for cutting up fruit/getting into foods packets/cutting up things for the offspring. Leatherman in the car, and out camping a BG survival knife and a Muela Fury. I've had the Fury the longest; going on about twenty years now, and it's still my preferred blade but the BG has been useful for more utility based things.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
At the times need one still carry my custom made randall thats served me well over the years since my days with s.o.g back in the 60's ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I carry a SOG trident daily and keep a S&W rescue knife (not sure what the model is) like the one in the link I provided, in my truck.

I have been really happy with the SOG, it has seen some abuse and it holds up extremely well, from cut bait, rope, car hoses and apples. One thing I like and hate about it, is its easy (except for the spring mechanism) to tear apart and clean. Only hate that darn spring deal. Anyway I have torn it down on multiple occasions when I have gotten dirt, sand,salt etc in it, to clean and or dry it out to keep it opening and closing smooth, I usually apply a thin coating of marine trailer axle grease on the moving parts.

The S&W rescue knife seems pretty good, I got it as a gift but have never used it. I actually forget it there most of the time.

shotshowknives.blogspot.com...

I noticed a poster above me mentioned a SOG Seal pup. When in California I used a seal pup as part of my dive gear, I rinsed and coated the blade with a thin layer of vasoline after every dive and never had issue with it, Its an excellent knife.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Spyderco Endura 4 with the wave feature. I highly recommend the wave feature. It deploys the knife the moment it exits your pocket. Fastest draw on the planet. Also prefer the VG-10 over Aus-8 steel; although I use a sog trident for fishing.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I learned a lot from this thread. I never could have imagined this would open a knife-carrying debate in the same style of a gun debate. I think most Americans view knives as a tool because our self-defense tool of choice is a gun. A knife is most definitely thought of as a tool first over here. Hell I have witnessed bar fights (and brawls) where both people have a knife in their pocket but it never crossed their minds to use it as a weapon. From reading this thread It sounds like England's knife problem is a far worse epidemic then the U.S. 'gun problem.' Just goes to show you violence is about the people who create it, not the weapons available.

I carry a leatherman rebar daily. It has proven to be extremely useful for many of the daily unexpected quick fixes I come across. I have a work truck full of tools for my general carpentry job that easily beat out any comparable tool on the leatherman but it's great to have all those tools in my pocket when I'm doing stuff outside of work. Any of my friends can tell you a story or three where my leatherman saved the day, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Kershaw Onion
Made In USA.

and a leatherman Charge

edit on 15-6-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
none.

i have never carried a knife.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hypervigilant

This post made me pause. I wonder how many people know what to do when they receive a knife as a gift.

I carry a simple Gerber I can open with one hand. It's a tool. Paid way too much for it. -sigh-

When I was a Platoon Sergeant I always carried a spare Leatherman to reward a Soldier I 'caught' doing outstanding work. Made a far better impression than an impact award and required a lot less paperwork.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join