It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of my job...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Been doing it for 12+ years and no satisfaction or reward. Can't seem to find anything that pays as well in my town. No promotion, wages are not on par with what I do, it blows!!!! I want to do my own business, but I don't know. I'm so pissed and confused...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Only you can make the choice to whats important to you, work out what you really want. a car big house. or a tent and a walking trip cross the country..
find a dream you want to live, and then only do what you need to do it.
you want your own business then you need to make some money to do it.
or just get a menial job and live the simple life.
or go work for the man in a high stress job if thats your cup of te.
you need to dream your dream, no one elses
its not about money or what pays well..
peace
edit on 23-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
At least you got work. I'm a casual longshoremen in seattle and i haven't worked a day his month. I'm still collecting the post 9/11 GI BILL, that's the only thing paying the bills right now.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I have JUST the answer!!

please look here..!!

How i earn $200.00 bucks or so an hour,, and make my own hours

www.abovetopsecret.com...

my post.. please U2U me with questions

edit on 5/23/11 by darrman because: had to adjust spellllinglish

edit on 5/23/11 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Perhaps start a business on the side and keep your current job until things pick up. What kind of business did you have in mind?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was tired of my 20 year career too.
You wanna know what cured me?
I was laid off and found no work in my field for more than a year.

Now my perspective has changed and I will probably welcome my old shackles once offered back to me.
I guess living off of my life savings and staring minimum wage in the face kind of tweaked my reality.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Perhaps start a business on the side and keep your current job until things pick up. What kind of business did you have in mind?

I am in the process of getting an internet store up and running, sort of like a survival store, but will have other items.

It is not so much the money. The thing that is irritating the HELL out of me, is that I am not an idiot. I have scored very high on pretty much any test or training in life, val and summa cum laude in college, etc. The thing that bugs the hell out of me is that I know I can aspire to something greater in life. I see complete retards getting better jobs, more pay, etc. and I out rank them in experience 10 to 1, at least. Sorry about the rant, just tired of the buracratic bull#. I need to blaze my own trail, take life by the balls before I die.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I was tired of my 20 year career too.
You wanna know what cured me?
I was laid off and found no work in my field for more than a year.

Now my perspective has changed and I will probably welcome my old shackles once offered back to me.
I guess living off of my life savings and staring minimum wage in the face kind of tweaked my reality.

I hear you. That is the bad thing... sad thing is money makes the world go round... HOWEVER, why am I working for someone else making them all the $$$$?????? This bugs the # out of me...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
so..why you post this on the site.....

who dont work...dont eat

work brings money,,,,money brings food and many other things

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by russguy123
so..why you post this on the site.....

who dont work...dont eat

work brings money,,,,money brings food and many other things

Not sure I understand you?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Been doing it for 12+ years and no satisfaction or reward. Can't seem to find anything that pays as well in my town. No promotion, wages are not on par with what I do, it blows!!!! I want to do my own business, but I don't know. I'm so pissed and confused...

I recently started a landscaping business, and It's progressing pretty well.
Good money too. If your into that kinda stuff.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Been there and still there. I did start my own company and had three good years brfore economy pooped. I couldn't ever make the switch from current job to full time self employment.

I would recommend starting your own buiz. No matter how much you make there are always great tax benifits. I use to tell people, "start a buisness called one pencil", because even if you only sold one pencil that year you could right off your cell phone, computer, milage..... and lots of other things. Just remember to keep reciepts and document everything.

Working sucks, Good luck

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by goos3

Thanks! I'm in an old fart town (mostly medical - have no desire in that field).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I will be leaving my job soon. My company has already offered to retain me as an independent contractor just for the trouble shooting/diagnostics part of my job. I declined due to the fact that the #1 reason I decided to quit is the TSA. I love the work, but hate the genital fondling. The only reason I am waiting is to become fully vested in my stock options. Once that happens I am history. The bad thing is, they have already tried 6 different people to replace me. Some of these guys are degreed engineers, but they lack the ability to perform real world diagnostics. What really makes me laugh is that according to HR's new outline for my position I am not qualified.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
reply to post by goos3

Thanks! I'm in an old fart town (mostly medical - have no desire in that field).

Yeah Location is important.
I'm in a city with 300k+

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here are your possible solutions for getting rid of that irritating job:

Entrepreneurship - start a small thing, if it picks up maybe it can replace it, maybe not. Change strategies and try again. Innovation is KEY as well as ability to EVOLVE if something doesn't work. Internet has all your resources. Marketing is essential! I am in school for accounting/finance and I also have a vast amount of business knowledge so if you need any help I can give some pointers. I actually hope to start my own business when I graduate. Check up DIY sites if you like hands on stuff, crafts or cooking, you can make some pretty cool # and resell for more. Any talent you got can typically made into something (eg. Do you like tools?). Business is good for tax savings as well. If you make enough you can even pay your family in dividends to further your savings (according to Canadian tax law).

Move - this is a hard thing to do for some people because their hometown has so many memories etc. But if you really want a different lifestyle or quality of life find a job outside of your town and move/commute there.

Show your boss what you got - this is actually more simple then you think HOWEVER in some cases opportunities are truly limited and there is no room for advancement. Since you worked for 12 years I am sure you have mastered your process and found certain things to be inefficient or that can be done differently. All small things count. Maybe this can amount to something.
edit on 23-5-2011 by ThisIsMyName because: +tax purposes

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

Been there and still there. I did start my own company and had three good years brfore economy pooped. I couldn't ever make the switch from current job to full time self employment.

I would recommend starting your own buiz. No matter how much you make there are always great tax benifits. I use to tell people, "start a buisness called one pencil", because even if you only sold one pencil that year you could right off your cell phone, computer, milage..... and lots of other things. Just remember to keep reciepts and document everything.

Working sucks, Good luck

Thanks!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
“A line is a dot that went for a walk. ” Paul Klee

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have the same problem as you have... Only I do not want my own business. I want to enjoy my work and have a nice time. Which I did a decade ago... After 11 years I still like the work , but the people I can't stand.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a change of scenery is in order, look for jobs elsewhere mate. I know it's hard out there for a pimp right now but doesn't hurt to try at least. Don't be stuck just by location if you can't help it I understand, but that's my suggestion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join