It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of my job...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Sounds like a change of scenery is in order, look for jobs elsewhere mate. I know it's hard out there for a pimp right now but doesn't hurt to try at least. Don't be stuck just by location if you can't help it I understand, but that's my suggestion.

Thanks! It is tough out there. I have lots of ideas, so hopefully I can get something to work, or at least look forward to!! I am beyond burnt out... a nice change of scenery is in order...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
Here are your possible solutions for getting rid of that irritating job:

Entrepreneurship - start a small thing, if it picks up maybe it can replace it, maybe not. Change strategies and try again. Innovation is KEY as well as ability to EVOLVE if something doesn't work. Internet has all your resources. Marketing is essential! I am in school for accounting/finance and I also have a vast amount of business knowledge so if you need any help I can give some pointers. I actually hope to start my own business when I graduate. Check up DIY sites if you like hands on stuff, crafts or cooking, you can make some pretty cool # and resell for more. Any talent you got can typically made into something (eg. Do you like tools?). Business is good for tax savings as well. If you make enough you can even pay your family in dividends to further your savings (according to Canadian tax law).

Move - this is a hard thing to do for some people because their hometown has so many memories etc. But if you really want a different lifestyle or quality of life find a job outside of your town and move/commute there.

Show your boss what you got - this is actually more simple then you think HOWEVER in some cases opportunities are truly limited and there is no room for advancement. Since you worked for 12 years I am sure you have mastered your process and found certain things to be inefficient or that can be done differently. All small things count. Maybe this can amount to something.
edit on 23-5-2011 by ThisIsMyName because: +tax purposes

Great post!!! All but the bolded I am working on or will contemplate/try. The bolded part will never happen. I don't even think they care anymore, just a cog in a machine, easily replaceable...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
until you find something that you definitely want to do for a living, why not volunteer in the social services field?
Become a court appointed rep in a child welfare case? Volunteer to help the Social Activities Director in a Nursing Home? Volunteer to do some legal research for a legal service that helps the homeless and poor. You will find your place in life, just listen to your heart.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join