It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Opens 6 New Tombs, Including King Tut's General (Horemheb)!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Can someone clarify for me...i thought Hawass was imprisoned? I thought he was done? WTH happened?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Can someone clarify for me...i thought Hawass was imprisoned? I thought he was done? WTH happened?

Damn you beat me to it... Right after I responded to you on the other thread. Nice synchronicity.

I have to further add.. If he's back out... He needs to step back down. How many times has this guy claimed things didn't exist, and then turned around and admitted they did?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

He's the Rick James of Egyptology.

"No, why would i grind my boots into Eddie Murphey's couch?.....

...."Of course i grinded my boots into Eddie Murphy's couch!"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I hadn't heard any of this about the man previously. Arrested? For what?

And, what exactly is/has he made up? (I hope it isn't anything I heard him speak of).

Did you see the one show where he had interns working for him and the girl pee herself in the Pyramid? He went off on her.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

that video was made up. if not, then he is a jerk. either way, i find him repulsively misogynistic.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Dr. Zahi Hawass could be in trouble again, evidence has emerged that he has been lying to the Egyptian Public, and the world!

Only days after being sentenced to a year’s jail sentence, former Egyptian Minister of Antiquities “Zahi Hawass” could be in trouble yet again, evidence has emerged that he may have staged a false project, live on T.V. to fool the people of Egypt, and the world!

In 2002 a robot was sent to explore a shaft within the Great Pyramid, it was aired on the National Geographic Channel on September the 17th. Millions of viewers watched as the robot entered the shaft, at the end of which was a mysterious door, with two protruding copper handles (pictures below).
So whats so controversial about this you may ask? Well it appears that Zahi Hawass may have deceived us all, pictures taken of the chamber show something out of the ordinary, at first glance it is’nt all that apparent, upon second glance something suddenly does’nt look quite right.

Like a game of “Spot the Difference” your eyes soon pick up the problem, or “problems” so to speak, there are numerous photos, and videos of the shaft before and after the robot was deployed.

newsflavor.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No, I don't think it was made up etc. You didn't indcate if you had seen it. There you go

You do see a different side to him though.

He does seem to be a rude man.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Byrd

Well, there were a number of periods when Egypt did have foreign rulers... the Hyksos, the Persians and the Greeks as well. No Israeli rulers, though.

thats just it...were the so-called hyksos kings, foreigners?.

Well, yes. They invaded the eastern part of the Nile Delta (on the Mediterranean) and while they've never been conclusively identified, it's suggested that their names are Caananite and they may have come from that area. Egypt was in a constant struggle with other powers, and its borders changed considerably during its history. It's only one dynasty that's referred to as the Hyksos. They married good Egyptian women and, like the Ptolemys and other rulers, took on the customs and clothing of the Egyptians. It's not certain how much of the language they learned. There were also Nubian rulers who came out of that country and took over Egypt.

..the upper egyptians never accepted a foreigner, which is why cleopatra and other grecoroman kings, never left alexandria...which is the northern tip of egypt, closer to italy than thebes!

I think you might find this does not hold up if you look at the tribute and letter exchanges. They had the ability to revolt (and during the intermediate periods there were a number of these. Thutmose III had some very notable military actions, particularly against Mitanni.

Cleopatra did leave Alexandria. She left when her brothers' court began plotting against her and fled to Syria, returning to Pelusium in the East. She was in Rome (she'd been there before) at the time of Caesar's death, and she accompanied Anthony on some of his campaigns. The Thebiad says she went to upper Egypt to raise her armies.

what do you think of the new hawas?...hes about 3weeks old...with noone of authority for him to answer to (or so he thinks)....im loving the show

I hated the show. Watched about 5 minutes of it, and that was all the ego I wanted to listen to. I think the new Hawass is still feeling his way politically.

It was a good move to leave him in office, because he's been effective in protecting the sites... there's simply no other logical successor at this time. But he knows that with the changes he's not untouchable and I think the threat of jail got his attention.

I think the watchdog needs his own watchdogs.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

As always, Great post(s). You amaze me with your knowledge of that time.

I do think you are most correct in saying he is good for the safe-keeping of stuff but in these trouble times over there, he maybe become a huge target since he is so well known to the west. (?).

With all of the recent announcements of discoveries (from digs etc) it seems, at least on the face of things, that the Egyptian Gov'g is continuing with it's efforts. Do you happen to know if the Gov't has started to ban and/or restrict people from their work because they are from another country?

The one post in here made a good point. It's isn't Egypts history-per se-but the world's history. Interesting concept but I am sure the Egyptian don't think like that.
edit on 5/24/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

LOL we posted at the same time last night. I missed yours. Thank you.

I hadn't heard about this issue. I was one of the ones that was glued to the TV during that show though.

Thank you for the info.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

the charges were lame....it was over land, he wasnt responsible, and he quickly showed due diligence, so they couldnt touch him, plus he is one of the most senior people left in the ministry, egyptians themselves do not have an issue with hawass like we do, as he is very nationalistic (how can you not be in his field!?).

ive realised that he is now sticking with egyptian nationals on his excavation teams, which is fustrating, but on the plus side, they dont have any issue in releasing materials to the public, via the museum in cairo. No longer will we have private investors and UNESCO taking things out of egypt. a bit annoying but it is all in the public domain.

peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join