It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Camping 'Bewildered' After Failed Doomsday Prediction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

No, of course you are right. How can it be otherwise? Not believing in flying sky fairies from outer space, or any other patently absurd claim makes me the one with the problem here. Why didn't I see it before?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now that makes him the final false prophet.

Doomsday can begin tomorrow. :0)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
reply to post by 547000

name one multi-millionaire that genuinely does things for other people ... you can't, because capitalism doesn't allow that.

That is incredibly naive to say the least. I actively raise money for a few charities and most of the gifts come from the wealthy. I raise about a half million a year myself of which nearly all comes from the wealthiest in the community. The Charities I am involved in help the neediest among us.

The young and the poor seldom give. Being privy to the data the demographic that gives the most are wealthy, conservative Christians. Not starting a debate, just stating the facts known by most Charities. Those who give the least are the young and the Progressives. Again, just the facts the data reveals.

This is not to start a political debate, but those are facts. Progressives tend to support Charities that benefit political and ideological causes and seldom give to assist the poor or the neediest among us.

I've met a couple of the wealthiest in the country who give half or more of their income to Charity and spoken to many you would recognize who routinely give significant portions of their incomes. It started for me about thirty years ago when I met two of the richest Christians in America at a Board meeting for a Charity I worked for briefly. They, Father and Son, gave half their huge income each year. It all went to the homeless and poor and they kept it to themselves. Only those inside knew where the money was coming from.

We even had one guy who showed up once a year in a Limo, walked in and set a bag of hundreds on the reception desk and then left. Nobody knew who he was but the bag of money was very substantial. The year I was there, it paid for a new building for their Drug and Alcohol Treatment Program.

You're falling for the class warfare hate fest to divide us and manipulate your vote. You are very ill informed on this topic and either somebody lied to you, or you are just making it up as you go along. If your poor yourself, some of the aid you may have received might have come from one of the rich people you hate so much. A fitting irony if true.

To satisfy you, I will name one where the information is already public. Ross Perot and his Wife started a private school for the underprivileged and minorities. They also give half their income to charity each year and have done so since they first started to make money. Interestingly enough, he was attacked for being a Racist even though they had funded the school for many years. No good deed goes unpunished.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Isn't that religion has been made into? It is big business, and mass population control. What better way to calm the masses than give a choice based ultimatum on whether or not you make it to heaven, and make them pay for it to. How much money has exchanged hands over religion since its birth, and how many have died standing up to fight it?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Harold is an AMAZING Biblical scalar !

HIS DATE WAS CORRECT.

His problem is he bought into the pop modern religius theme of the Rapture, THIS is why he got it wrong.

Look at all the potentially HUGE disasters that started yesterday, Harold GOT IT RIGHT !!!!!!

AND here is what the Bible really indicates ...

There will be all these disasters and events leading up to the end times and THEN EVERYONE DIES !!!

Being caught up in the sky is a metaphor for death, DON'T WORRY, ITS NO BIG DEAL, TRUELY THERE IS NO DEATH, only this wretched flesh dies !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join