It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Camping 'Bewildered' After Failed Doomsday Prediction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this here also-
Embedded Vid:

So I uploaded the vid of Harold Camping being questioned at his home on May 22nd, to YouTube and added subtitles....he doesn't say anything of importance, but he seems genuinely very depressed and sorry (based on his body language/facial expression) I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he seems really meek and kind...but any true Christian doesn't bother with this kind of nonsense- because, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." MARK 24:36

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It took those who actually read the Bible about four seconds to find the passages that say, "Nobody will know the hour...." yet he spent years asking people to donate money to his tax exempt ministry while he put his own spin on things.

It's not like it's an unproven way to fleece money from people. Seems to me that it's one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Strangely, the "Donate Online" button on his website is STILL up!

Two quotes come to mind:

There's a sucker born every minute - P.T. Barnum

If it sounds too good to be true [Say it with me....]....it probably is.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
reply to post by silent thunder

how many suicides were there as a result of this?

does anyone know?

72million?
someone needs to make sure every effin penny gets back to the person it belongs to.

I've read of at least one, a woman who apparently slit her throat and the throat's of her children, it was an article on Digg.... don't have a link handy unfortunately but it should still be locatable ..

Update, found the link

Woman Cuts her Kids’ Throats & Her Own Because of Doomsday Prophecy
edit on 23-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

She was apparently not successful, thankfully
edit on 23-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by miniatus because: Added related video

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Perhaps some smart lawyer can now help her sue Camping for 72 million $ for the pain and anguish etc etc blah blah.
Silly old Fool.....89 years old!!!...he should be thankful he is still walking around.

Probably kick the bucket now, to be with JC.......Good riddence.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
Just wanted to post this here also-
Embedded Vid:

So I uploaded the vid of Harold Camping being questioned at his home on May 22nd, to YouTube and added subtitles....he doesn't say anything of importance, but he seems genuinely very depressed and sorry (based on his body language/facial expression) I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he seems really meek and kind...but any true Christian doesn't bother with this kind of nonsense- because, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." MARK 24:36

Yes, that was very sad. Well-stated there, too...but that's probably all in a days work for a love-ninja.

And he did answer his door. Your Madoff's of the world usually don't do that. It's his mistake to answer for, and he will, just as we all will for our own mistakes.

Doesn't seem to be a smash and grabber type to me. Couldn't get very far even if he was. As far as I could see here at ATS the consensus of believers and non-believers was unanimous that the "prophecy" would prove itself a false prophecy. Shame not only on Harold, but anyone who bought into it in any way.

Nope: Harold has to look in the deep dark truthful mirror for the rest of his days and I have a feeling it will be a painful experience. Now...where did I leave my mirror...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
he's nothing to blame...had only not an reliable source...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

awww!!!

that's just in public

recently uploaded pic of camping at his home:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdd61eec49c7.jpg[/atsimg]

"he won't be giving interviews today,as he's a bit tied up at the moment."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Jon Huntsman, Sr. (Look him up!)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OK, I will be the first to say this because it is true, no matter how much it hurts or how much it has hurt, the fact remains Harold Camping did everyone a service! You, me, and especially his followers!

Oh yeah, each of us received something that no one can ever take away, because it is now within us; each of us gained our own unique lesson and awareness.

A personal hell for those who required it, from their own need and desire to face such things, all the way to a mere validation of what is to come! Each and every possibility emerged if any form of thought or connection played with this scenario and this man.

I was literally "Raptured" from my own inability to understand that there really are people who cannot feel GOD within them. Now I know deep within, that when I speak outwardly to GOD, the only one that can hear me is my Higher Self. So now I know; I already made it to Heaven, just not right now!
edit on 5/23/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

This not the only bad news about this 'event' that didn't happen:
Judgement Day’ celebration tragedy for US boy

I admit this was not a direct reaction to the End of World tripe that was being spread by the crazy fool but it's very sad to see.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I just want to say that I know how this world works now. If I was him, I would've milked it even more, and got more money from these people, and then once all of that was done, I would've moved somewhere in the hills to a mansion.

Being completely honest, I would not have cared how many people died, suffered, lost their homes, money etc. I just wouldn't care, not even the least bit. I also would not return the money.

I won't tell you why, I just wanted to share my thoughts on this particular subject. After this incident I would've returned and predicted another doomsday, (And use the bible as a reference) just to get more money. Its like its too easy.

I swear it is such an simple task to scam people.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think that his followers should sue him.

Some of his followers really believe what he was saying and lost a lot of money in the process.

The courts can remedy this situation.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
my biggest worry was that it would be a repeat of Jim Jones that they would pass out cool aid, not pamphlets if you know what i mean.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Some of his followers really believe what he was saying and lost a lot of money in the process.

So you want the courts to give back money that those people freely gave away because they refused to do some reading and or thinking on their own? Preposterous.

Harold should probably consider giving a substantial sum to charities as it would probably be an impossibility to give the money back, but there is no legal reason to force him into any action. Feeling sorry for yourself or being ashamed of your own actions are in no way a reason to sue.
edit on 23-5-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Bible is a large book with volumes of information. There is no doubt that it can be interpreted in many ways. Camping did just that and a lot of people believed his interpretation, so who is at fault? Camping? The people who believed? Did they believe blindly, or not? Does it matter? It was free will at work and the way I see it, people made their choice. The prediction did not come to pass and Faith is re-examined, life goes on.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

In the end, money always corrupts...another problem with this system.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
my prediction came true, there was no rapture. i am sorry for all the people that got taken by this man

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
reply to post by 547000

name one multi-millionaire that genuinely does things for other people ... you can't, because capitalism doesn't allow that.

here's two "off the cuff":

Oprah Winfrey?
" Today we're giving away WHALES!!!!AND YOU GET A BELUGA WHALE! AND YOU GET A BELUGA WHALE!!!"

Bill and Melinda Gates?
www.gatesfoundation.org...

edit on 23-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

It's clear to me he didn't consume massive quantities of stadium cheese and pabst lite. That is the only one true way to see visions of the future.

CJ

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Are these adults not responsible for their own decisions?????????

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join