It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban leader Mullah Omar killed in Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I find the following reports interesting -

www.thenewstribe.com...

The Afghan Taliban have rejected the news saying their leader Omar was alive and the news of his death was false.

A prominent Pakistani journalist Hamid Meer while talking to a private television Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told him via phone that Mullah Umar was not killed and the Americans were using the media against them.

Why would the story of him being killed be fabricated?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

According to reuters the Taliban are claiming he is alive and well. The Pakistan govt. says they can't confirm. Probably another hit and miss. Or he has more lives than the proverbial cat.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
some time line data

article about Omar's death
2011-05-23 13:06:27

meaning he was killed prior to
1 pm local time

the attack on the Karachi Air Base
2011-05-23 22:30:00

less than 10 hrs

very odd

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Search yields that the news is spreading.
Biggest News source I've seen so far; India Yahoo questioning the report:Here

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by confreak

i agree

they have gone into iraq for alot less

but of course iraq did not have nukes

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Why would the story of him being killed be fabricated?

propaganda to be used against those
attacking the Pakistani Air Base in Karachi.
It is a big loss of morale in a hostage situation
to hear your leader is dead.

And this comes from China
means China is helping in this situation
of the propaganda.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If he was indeed killed in Pakistan, I wonder what the Taliban would really do. Attack the Pakistani govt. like an invasion in retaliation? We may have to wait for a few hours. It could be a disinfo to trick Mullah Omar to reveal himself to show that he is alive to keep morale going on his troops fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
If he was indeed killed in Pakistan, I wonder what the Taliban would really do. Attack the Pakistani govt. like an invasion in retaliation?

isn't this what they have already supposedly done
at the military base ???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

This same Afghan security official that told TOLO that Mullah Omar is dead. This article about setting Omar up was back in the 18th. This could be disinfo or just being pay for information without and backup to tell it true. I said that its probably false. 90%

An Afghan security official told TOLOnews on Tuesday that Pakistan’s spy agency is scheming to move Taliban leader Mullah Omar from Pakistan to Helmand province and then report his whereabouts to U.S. forces.

The Pakistanis hope Omar is killed on Afghan soil because it will prove terrorist leaders are also hiding in Afghanistan, the source claimed. The same Afghan official said Omar received the ISI order to leave Quetta from former Pakistani spy chief Hamid Gul.

Such a development would disrupt the negotiations reportedly underway between the U.S. and the Taliban. According to the Washington Post, a U.S. representative attended at least three meetings in Qatar and Germany within the last eight or nine days with a Taliban official who is close to Mullah Omar.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Pakistan sets Mullah Omar deathtrap to disrupt U.S.-Taliban talks - National Afghanistan Headlines | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes, but in that situation they were not motivated by Mullah Omar's death. Just Osama Bin Laden. We are talking about Mullah Omar, the father of the Taliban.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Yes, but in that situation they were not motivated by Mullah Omar's death.

how do we know this ???
there was a 10 hr difference
between when Omar was
reported killed and the base
was attacked.

A lot of communications can
happen in 10 hrs.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Lots of reports saying this ain't true.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Wow it's real interesting that Gen. Hamid Gul is being implicated as the one protecting and moving Mullah Omar.

More bad news for Pak ISI.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My my my, U.S. govt. is calling China's bluff if this is indeed another assassination.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If Mullah Omar was killed two days ago it would also explain the attack at the Naval Air base yesterday.

Revenge attack ??

Cosmic...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the assault, saying it was part of their revenge for the May 2 U.S. raid that killed al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden. The insurgents' ability to penetrate the facility further rattled a military establishment already humiliated by the unilateral American raid, and raised the possibility that the Taliban had inside help.

The Taliban says nothing about Mullah Omar. Just about Osama Bin Laden. If Mullah Omar really was killed in Pakistan, then there would be dozens of attacks.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for them to announce they followed non existent Muslim tradition and dumped the body already at sea.

It's been long enough.

right?

10 hours?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda doesn't have official spokesperson, unlike Taliban, maybe it is because Al-Qaeda doesn't exist as an organization, non-the less, it is easy to say anything in the name of Al-Qaeda, but impossible to do regarding Taliban. It was easy to say the suppose leader of Al-Qaeda is dead, then post a Al-Qaeda confirmation in name of Al-Qaeda on Internet, the same is not possible regarding the Taliban leader, because Taliban is an organization, and has a spokesperson to confirm or deny.

Many times NATO have reported incidents that conflicts with Taliban reports.
edit on 23-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

What you have to understand that going after people like Mullah Omar is extremely hard because there are no known photographs of him (that have been released to the public). There are some supposed images but many of these have been inaccurate.

If they have actually managed to kill him verifying his identity would be a much more extensive task than identifying OBL. For example considering there are no known images his family could easily claim it was him and he could essentially fake his death. Who knows I'll wait til theres more news before I make anymore guesses.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

First they said hes dead, now they claim hes missing!

The first source, speaking to AFP on condition of anonymity, said that Omar had been killed on Friday, citing information received from sources within the Haqqani insurgent group, whose leaders are based in Pakistan.

"Based on ISI instruction through (former ISI chief) General Hamid Gul, Mullah Mohammad Omar was told to move from Quetta city of Pakistan to northern Waziristan," the source said.

"As Mullah Omar was being transported from Quetta to North Waziristan by the ISI, he was secretly killed by the ISI."

However, a second Afghan intelligence source who also spoke anonymously said that Omar had been missing for 11 days following a meeting with Gul.

"It has been 11 days since his close circle, the people around him, have no clue of his whereabouts. The Taliban leadership are all concerned and worried for the sudden disappearence of Mullah Omar," the source said.

edit on 23-5-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join