It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban leader Mullah Omar killed in Pakistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Or it could just be that Obama doesn't say no to their requests to murder them, where as Bush said no for whatever reason.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by deltaboy

Taliban militants fighting Afghan and NATO-led troops in Afghanistan have yet to make comment.

Mullah Omar has survived massive U.S. military manhunt since the collapse of Taliban regime by U.S-led invasion in late 2001 for sheltering al-Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden.

U.S. commandos killed Bin Laden in a raid on his hideout in Pakistan on May 2

Oh wow! First Osama Bin Laden, then Mullah Omar who is the leader of the Taliban for those who do not know. Whose leaking and killing them? CIA? Could it be that somebody in Al Qaeda wants them removed to climb the ladder in ranks? Its too much of a coincidence that two leaders of two organizations be killed in just a few weeks.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You cannot possibly believe any of this nonsense.. for real.

Would you swear under oath that you personally know, for a fact, these are actual people?... no, you'd say "I read it on the internet.." or some people on TV said it.

The "war on terror" reads like a low budget b-movie.. starring president Dean Kane and VP Eric Roberts who today, declared, Omar Evil-doer von-boogieman was killed.. by heroic troops defending YOU from 1000s of miles away.

Every since the TV was created we have been seeing illusions and lies. 911 brought an entire new face to the Propaganda.

Albert Pike outlined WW3 in 1871. So far it is working great. The Muslims are hated for no reason, The Jews are hated because of Propaganda also. Khazar Zionist, which are part of the Elite Royal Bloodlines have called themselves Jews to destroy Israel's name and country. WW3 will destroy both groups. I realize most of you already know this but many on these forums dont. The media has turned the Muslim Religion into a hate religion, same for Christianity. Dont allow the Rulers who love war to destroy our souls with hatred over another human. Please keep speaking out. Your words are True. It is time everyone wakes up to their lies.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Its too much of a coincidence that two leaders of two organizations be killed in just a few weeks.

That's hardly a stretch of the imagination considering the fact that the CIA claims to have found the "motherload" of intel at Bin Laden's hideout. The whereabouts of Mullah Omar could have been in that gathering of intelligence.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Another angle

Perhaps all this win is from a shakeup at the top
the GWB NWO crowd is out of power, the peoples president is now in, and with that, the old nudge nudge wink wink boogiemen are no longer on contract with us behind the scenes

now we are just going out and actually killing these boogiemen verses keeping them alive to keep squashing liberties, inflating the war machine, etc...just a different take on this.

And ya, with such restructuring and loss of control, there would be alot of anger and sabotage of the message and man..be it purposefully by the shills, or unwittingly through philosophical and imaginary issues to create unrest.

They said that tunisia started the revolution over in the middle east, however, thats just how they revolt...perhaps our revolution started in 2008 when we "overthrew" the previous administration and the way they worked...if you look at the crowds of the election, it seems very much like a revolutionary crowd...and now the strong opposition that came, you often find, are directly financed and supported by a couple large corporations that have traditionally been owners of politicians. (koch brothers must go)

Anyhow, just some speculation to add into the mix.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
WOW
Obamas ratings must be really flakey...
how many times have they killed this guy?

BBC Reports that Taliban leader Mullah Omar has been killed

infidelsarecool.com...
I'd like to seee the birth certificate to prove this guy
actually even existed
in the first place
edit on 23-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by Danbones because: link

That link is to a non BBC site with a heading that includes the letters B B C.

If you go to the BBC website (that has news items going back years) and type in Mullah Omar there are several articles where the BBC quite clearly believes he is alive!!!

So here we go again, unconfirmed quotes from non official websites as if "a mysterious TPTB" is lying !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Bhutto claimed that he was killed by Omar Saeed Sheikh, not Mullah Omar. The former is a well-known militant from Britian, whose specialty is kidnapping. He was in prison for a number of years before a hostage exchange deal garnered him passage to Afghanistan.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Everything I've found is coming back as either the Afghan Taliban denying the reports, or simply not enough official confirmation.

I've got a link, describing a lack of confirmation,

ibnlive.in.com...

As well as 2, with the Afghan Taliban denying the report (as being reported across Afghan TV network TOLO),

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

www.ottawacitizen.com...

I'd guess this dude was either already dead (a real ghost) just like his buddy OBL, or he's still kickin out in the flower fields, just chillin. Or they're trying to smoke him out of the woodwork like some of you folks have been sayin. Propaganda is capable of some wonderful things innit?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is possible that with the Taliban attack on the Pakistan Naval Base which was embarrassing to the military in Pakistan, they could have passed the word on his location or even hit him themselves.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pointedstick

That is another thing I was kinda thinkin, according to the Huffington Post there were approx 6 militants, who stormed the entire naval base (which is kind of insane lol, but then, it would just go to reinforce the incompetency of their military/intelligence professionals, which could in turn boost the legitimacy of them not knowing about OBL, which is still a topic i see splashed across every magazine i pass.)

www.reuters.com...

Of the 6 militants, 4 are confirmed dead, and two are "suspected" to have escaped. What if the "escapees" weren't nearly that lucky? Could these men have been apprehended and then drained for information on their higher-ups? No doubt if an attack of that kind were to occur, someone in a higher position gotta know about it. maybe this leads back to Mr. Omar?

here's the link - www.huffingtonpost.com...

Happened to come across this in my travels as well, something I think is at least indirectly associated with the Naval Base incident in Karachi. It's about a lovely proposal from the Pakistanis to the Chinese, requesting they build a naval base for increased access to the area.

take a look -

www.reuters.com...

Sorry, just came across this -
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

It states that China has rejected the request, just goes to show they really do know what they're doing when it comes to spending their money.
edit on 24-5-2011 by ToFarGone because: more searching, less fearmongering

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bye Bye Mullah Omar, sweet dreams xxx

Second, no pun intended
edit on 24-5-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Who did it?

OBAMA did it..............that is why he went to have a beer in Ireland afterward.

You know, he is such a He Man GI Joe. He must be, he sends other people to die, so he must be willing to put himself in harms way. Right?

Strangely, Obama's record appears to be the withdrawal from Iraq (a conflict which was started by Dubya and his cronies for strategic oil purposes and nothing to do with saving Americans) to save further deaths, move troops to Afghanistan to try to finish that one (a conflict which was started by Dubya and his cronies for strategic oil purposes) to save further deaths, send in SEAL Team 6 to get UBL (no losses), and now use a drone to take out another 'threat.' Plus he's standing up to Pakistan (which Dubya wouldn't do because of his puppets there). If anything, Obama is sending people to live.

Dubya's record of being GI Joe is....sealed (thanks, Dad), but he's hardly a 'warrior'! More people died because of Dubya's decisions than died by any decision UBL may have made (or not, depending on your point of view).

Blaming Obama (and I'm no fan) is not truthful, and simple political party line chatter. The purpose of a commander in chief is to protect the safety of Americans, not to slaughter innocents in search of profits. If you follow the money trail for the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, and the surrounding drama and fear, you'll see that a very few people made a LOT of money.

Obama may not be the perfect president, but he does seem to care about minimizing the threat to America. He's looking to stop two completely senseless wars that are grinding the country into the ground in terms of blood and money. Even Vietnam (another "we can't learn from history" war) was shorter and less crippling. If he has other wars in mind, we're yet to see. As of now, he's trying to stop the madness.

Perhaps Obama will be the president who lifts the Patriot Act. Wouldn't that be something!? There's another big money making scheme that Dubya and his cronies are cleaning up from. Perhaps we will yet see transparency. Perhaps we will yet see who did what and when, and hold people responsible for their actions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
how convenient...

seems like the CIA is erasing and killing all possible leads and witnesses from their phony war on terror, while making sure obama will get the reelection.

what a win win situation

first you recruit, then you train and deploy them, and when they are no longer usefull kill them and let the people scream

USA! USA! USA!

what a comedy

the thing i love about the CIA is they always stick to what works best

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That's not the deal, but let's assume for a second that it IS. What do you care? Have you been recruited by the CIA and live in fear for your life now? If not, I ask again, what do YOU care. It's not like either the Taliban OR the CIA is coming after YOU, so what do you care what they do to each other?

Yup, you're right, what a comedy!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by NOTurTypical

you downplay your own beloved CIA

they have trained these guys that now they claim they killed.

and remember these are the genious evil masterminds that suposedly made 911, add that to a CIA training.

this to say, if bin laden was real he would know better than to have a "motherload" of info, a paper trail or anything that could be used to trace the remaining members of the organization, in the same place he rests

and thats why iran's sleeper cells wont be found, until and if they need to awake.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by nenothtu

lol

what planet do you currently live on?

the phony war on terror is a global issue, every country in the world has troops dying due to it.
and if they have not, they were forced to extra security and restrictions.
it was not just you egocentric americans, the whole world got a patriot act due to YOUR war on terror aka imperialism.
so none of your business what i care or not, this site allows me to give my ontopic opinion, as i did.
YOU though? slightly offtopic since you are debating ME not the topic

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

lol

what planet do you currently live on?

Earth. Same one the CIA lives on. They're not after ME, either. Go figure.

the phony war on terror is a global issue, every country in the world has troops dying due to it.
and if they have not, they were forced to extra security and restrictions.

Are you one of those troops? Is that then the basis for your concern? I'm failing to see what your assault on the CIA with misinformation claiming they somehow trained bin Laden OR the Taliban has to do with much of anything, other than muddying up the waters, and clouding the issue to insure that the "bad guys" get away. It's a smoke screen to cover their escape, a spurious lie. If you contend otherwise, bring evidence for your claims, not just allegations. I've been countering that lie ever since it popped up in the wilds of the internet, and so far, not a single individual has been able to provide any evidence. Maybe you'll be the first. Good luck, I look forward to it. Until such time as the evidence appears, I still call it a LIE, in big bold letters. I'm willing to bet it never does, since it doesn't exist, since it never happened.

it was not just you egocentric americans, the whole world got a patriot act due to YOUR war on terror aka imperialism.

Perhaps you should look to your own intelligence services and government if you want something to fear. Don't they look out for you? Fire 'em. Get a new set.

so none of your business what i care or not, this site allows me to give my ontopic opinion, as i did.
YOU though? slightly offtopic since you are debating ME not the topic

Actually, it IS my business when folks spread lies and rumors to try to instill fear in others. My post is no more off topic than yours, it was just an answer and a counter to it. Topicality is therefore DIRECTLY related to the topicality of your original claim.

Bring your evidence.

edit on 2011/5/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

first you attack then you ask for evidence?

i see you have been trained in the jedi ways aswell.

so you should known the force has polarity, hence goes both ways.

nevermind the internet.

are you denying the highly documented FACT that the CIA trained, supported and financed both and OBL and the taliban in Afganistan and the region to counter the Russian advances, back when there wasnt even this internet that acording to you seems to be the one to blame.

so go sue the internet, and ignore me please.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

first you attack then you ask for evidence?

i see you have been trained in the jedi ways aswell.

Yup. Claims require evidence for verification. I see none here, only claims.

so you should known the force has polarity, hence goes both ways.

nevermind the internet.

Huh?

are you denying the highly documented FACT that the CIA trained, supported and financed both and OBL and the taliban in Afganistan and the region to counter the Russian advances, back when there wasnt even this internet that acording to you seems to be the one to blame.

so go sue the internet, and ignore me please.

Yup, that's EXACTLY what I'm denying. If it's so "highly documented", it should be no problem to provide verification. I note that I'm still waiting for such. It's not "fact" until it can be verified.

There WAS no Taliban when the Russians were in Afghanistan. OBL was there, but there was NO AQ at that time. They did not exist, could not have been "trained, supported, or financed by the CIA. The Taliban was a creation of Pakistani ISI. It's only fitting that if Mullah Omar is killed, it's the ISI's responsibility to do so. You make a monster, it's your job to put it down. If we have to do it, there's a bill for cleanup due.

AQ is a somewhat different case. They were not "created" by any externals, but rather by (GASP!) discontent among certain radical elements, and their peculiar interpretation of events. I believe the bill due for that cleanup is still ongoing, an open account.

edit on 2011/5/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
The BBC are not reporting he is dead, only that he is missing and supposedly killed by the ISI

BBC

As the Taliban dismisses reports that its leader Mullah Mohammed Omar has been killed in Pakistan, guest columnist Ahmed Rashid says that many, including the US, are anxious to keep him alive because his support would be critical for the success of secret peace talks with the Taliban.

I doubt he is dead, but there is so much BS in the media at teh moment it is hard to believe anything getting reported any more

That's a report I can believe in. ISI kills Omar, or "disappears" him, as retaliation for US killing of bin Laden, knowing that the US wants him alive and in their hands for the propaganda coup involved in "making peace" with the Taliban. Destabilization - ISI is nearly as good at it as CIA!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
"We will not back down from any movement of these terrorists, we will follow them and kill them wherever they go" G.W. Bush.

Did we get permission for this?

Probably not. A wise man won't even seek permission to set right a wrong. That only gives ISI the heads up to move the package elsewhere under cover.

I keep hearing that Pakistan is calling these 2 raid's that we did a violation of a treaty we have? The prime minister of Pakistan even went on to say that they are treating our covert mission in the country as terrorism. The prime minister of Pakistan is trying to push onto the people of Pakistan that the US is fighting terrorism with terrorism.

Don't know of any such treaty that stipulates the US will allow itself to be walked upon with impunity. I'd be interested in reading it.

I love my country and will die for it. But isn't it necessary to gain support of the country's we invade to kill terrorist leaders?. Just a thought to keep in mind.

Again, no, and it's folly to even seek such support under the circumstances.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join