It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban leader Mullah Omar killed in Pakistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

You can add the timely wikileaks release of all USA communication about Pakistan given to Pakistan, no doubt with accidental releases to the western media about what a corrupt mess of terrorist supporters they are.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I'm thinking this is a new intelligence tactic. If they spread these rumors, then Taliban will be force to contact Mullah Omar, when they do that there might be interception. Maybe they have infiltrated Taliban high ranks, and can intercept the communication between Mullah Omar and those who try to find out whether he is harmed, or something a long those lines.

I think that could be a possibility.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Taliban militants fighting Afghan and NATO-led troops in Afghanistan have yet to make comment.

Mullah Omar has survived massive U.S. military manhunt since the collapse of Taliban regime by U.S-led invasion in late 2001 for sheltering al-Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden.

U.S. commandos killed Bin Laden in a raid on his hideout in Pakistan on May 2

Oh wow! First Osama Bin Laden, then Mullah Omar who is the leader of the Taliban for those who do not know. Whose leaking and killing them? CIA? Could it be that somebody in Al Qaeda wants them removed to climb the ladder in ranks? Its too much of a coincidence that two leaders of two organizations be killed in just a few weeks.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You cannot possibly believe any of this nonsense.. for real.

Would you swear under oath that you personally know, for a fact, these are actual people?... no, you'd say "I read it on the internet.." or some people on TV said it.

The "war on terror" reads like a low budget b-movie.. starring president Dean Kane and VP Eric Roberts who today, declared, Omar Evil-doer von-boogieman was killed.. by heroic troops defending YOU from 1000s of miles away.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
maybe it is because Al-Qaeda doesn't exist as an organization,

remind you of any other entity ??

Anonymous perhaps ??

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Perhaps *if the 'official' story is true* there was evidence of Omars where abouts at OBL's hideout that lead to his death
edit on 23-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I find it odd that Benazir Bhutto claimed
in 2007 that Omar was the one who killed
OBL the first time.

Wasn't Omar already dead once before
just like OBL was ???

Wrong, she said it was Omar Sheikh not Mullah Omar.

More ignorance on the issue of terrorism, I am getting all to used to finding this on a site who’s motto is “deny ignorance”

We have to stop this.

I have no objection to discussion I just find that on the issue of terrorism allot of people like to make statements like yours as if they know what they are talking about. The truth is that there are very few people on ATS who seem to have even a basic understanding of violent Islamic extremism yet there are plenty of people who seem to preach like they are experts.

It’s not just you, sorry if it comes across like I am picking on you, it’s just the first blatant example I found on this thread that I could use to illustrate my point. It has been rife on ATS since Bin Laden died, full of threads about how Bin Laden might have been a professor at the Pakistani military academy, that Al- Zawahiri betrayed Bin Laden, that Bin Laden was on Dialysis, that Al’Qa’ida have nukes and then we have all of the other outrageous conspiracies. For a site that prides itself on denying ignorance this is surly something that must be stopped. I get the impression that allot of people are just typing without checking what they are saying is correct, for example a quick Google search would have shown that Mullah Omar was not the one who Bhutto claimed killed OBL.

PS. Mullah Omar, I don’t think he is dead.

edit on 23-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
news.yahoo.com...

First they said hes dead, now they claim hes missing!

Of course he has to be dead, or missing if he was working with the ISI and Pakistani military.

Cant have this one end up in the hands of the US.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The last few weeks have been a bit close to the Star Wars predictive programming where Palpatine orders the killing of the Rebel leaders that he no longer needs...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

There feeding lies lies and more lies, fabricated people,and people like OP are lapping it up, thinking there doing a duty spreading the word of lies to others, when the fake messiah comes, it will be people such as yourself who chant to others 'look, its the messiah' No, its not, its all a lie. Its all a lie.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com

KABUL, Afghanistan – The Taliban denied a report in the Afghan press that the insurgent group's leader had been killed in neighboring Pakistan, saying Monday that Mullah Mohammad Omar is alive and in Afghanistan.

"This is absolutely wrong. It's only propaganda and we completely deny these rumors," Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press in a phone call. "He is inside Afghanistan and he is busy directing military operations with his commanders."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
"This is absolutely wrong. It's only propaganda and we completely deny these rumors," Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press in a phone call. "He is inside Afghanistan and he is busy directing military operations with his commanders."

It's ALL Propaganda, from ALL sides....

I'm not saying the reports of Mullah Omar death are true but I had to chuckle when I read that last bit. It just seemed like such a canned response. Of course they'd say that hes in Afghanistan.

Where else could he be?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The BBC are not reporting he is dead, only that he is missing and supposedly killed by the ISI

BBC

As the Taliban dismisses reports that its leader Mullah Mohammed Omar has been killed in Pakistan, guest columnist Ahmed Rashid says that many, including the US, are anxious to keep him alive because his support would be critical for the success of secret peace talks with the Taliban.

I doubt he is dead, but there is so much BS in the media at teh moment it is hard to believe anything getting reported any more

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Are they gonna dump his body in the ocean?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

Are they gonna dump his body in the ocean?

What body?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
cnn has jumped in on this is he dead thing www.cnn.com...

Taliban and Pakistan reject speculation Mullah Omar is dead
wonder why Pakistan is not helping us, US confirm his death???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There's a possibility that this is Pakastans way of protecting Omar. Say he's dead, provide no body (like the US) and maybe the yanks won't go after him any more.

IRM

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is a rumor and hasn't been confirmed by any reputable source.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hmm,The BBC say the ISI may have killed him??

What,are they tired of paying for his hotel bills all of a sudden?

Are we no longer to believe what the BBC has previously said about the ISI links to the Taliban?
All this is BS then BBC?
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Get your story straight BBC...
edit on 23/5/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: SP

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I wonder when Osama and Omar will show up in Yemen...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I have to agree with that, I really don’t like BBC news, it’s not that I think they are a government propaganda machine or anything grand like that it’s just that their news stories are often lacking analysis and I often find myself questioning their reliability. I must say however for getting a quick brief of events, BBC is a pretty good source, but just for a quick brief.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join