It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OH man, Gas leak at the Elks, a woman trapped under the roof and at least one more.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A Thank You to everyone for the updates.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ya when you here the code 10-7 out of service , U know what there talking about,, Sad!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

What does that mean?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sadly, in any emergency, the biggest problem is coordinating. I finally got through to my brother, and he basically got run out of all the active areas. He is willing and able to help, but they won't let him. I'm listening to the scanner, and they need help, and people want to help, but there is no coordination to put them all together.

He is going to find a command center to see if they will let him guard something, or if they would rather let him help dig.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ah just said Ill show him where the 10-7 is at and then head your way...
Means temporary morgue?
edit on 22-5-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
They know there being broadcast all over the net, so when they say 10-7 means DEAD!! like i said sad.. now flying J is being looted!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

10-7 means they are no longer with us

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
found this pic from twitter and never seen anything like this b4

twitpic.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have been sitting here crying, reading these posts to my husband. My heart breaks for these families! I am terrified of storms and after the early spring we had, my husband had us a shelter put in. Looters... that makes me want to vomit and it makes me ashamed to be human! I only wish I was close enough to help!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Request oxygen to our location we have a victim who is about.........empty.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I talked to mom, who lives right by flying J, She was ok, but sounds like from what she said
the town is in sad shape. Lost connection , but i read cell phones are down as well.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Request oxygen to our location we have a victim who is about.........empty.

Ya, they've been warned about what they say over the air. They wouldn't normally be quite.....that....careful.

I'm sure they know the whole world is watching and listening.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

We were told they could not get calls out. keep trying to call her, let her know to remain indoors for the looters.

I am sorry.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I keep jumping back and forth between this thread and TornadoChaseLive. I'm soooooo tired, I want to go nightnight. But just when I think the weather outside is quieting down, it starts rocking again. Right now, out her by Iowa, The rain is sounding increasingly heavy. Can hear thunder in the distance. I wish all this meteorological terrorism would give it a rest! But think about this; It's only the end of May. June onward, brings a lot of violent weather. I am recalling that Hurricane Katrina happened at the end of September?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by severdsoul

We were told they could not get calls out. keep trying to call her, let her know to remain indoors for the looters.

I am sorry.

Exactly right. None of my family has been able to call out, but they are getting text messages, and if I call them 4 or 5 times I get through and can talk awhile. We get disconnected every now and then, but as long as I call them, we can talk.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Joplin High school is gone..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This cop says he has over 150 people in a church, he was asked to leave and said he was concerend about leaving them alone, they gave him permission to remain there to protect them.

Just heard him say I am near where Joplin highschool used to be...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Aftermath footage:

www.youtube.com...

This is a clip from the weather channel, but it's just incredible to imagine being this reporter/stormchaser and walking into this. The devastation is immense. Just heard an emergency official say, "...where Joplin High School used to be..." on the scanner.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dillions is gone 2.... That is so messed up!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join