It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only the Beginning - The REAL Reason behind May 21st, 2011 and the Rapture Prophecy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

There is a reason for it all.

Stupidity, money...you seem to forget that every now and then a nutcase with a doomsday theory is good money. For the papers, news-stations but mostly for the nutcase.

It seems, OP, that you need to heed your own warnings.

"Anyone who believes in such wacky ideas like this - is a complete loon."

Rightfully so. If people CANNOT deduct from history, that religion is a man-made tool to gather resources and power then they are LOST. Completely, 1000000% lost. No turning back lost.

I feel that October will be the second of the days to discredit those who have ever called for something drastic to happen to the world

Hello doomspeaker, something drastic happens on Earth every day. You however, have been desensitized and only see the Earth blowing up as drastic. You know what IS drastic and happens every day? Hunger. But go ahead, minimize that issue.

to silence all the purveyors of 2012 and anything that might come.

They are already silencing people by diverting peoples attention to bull# like 2012 doomsday scenarios, Idols, massive sport events etc.

If one is too preoccupied to gather information, one won't be able to form an opinion and speak it in order to then be silenced. As it is, people are silenced at go.

those who spread possibility, who spread information, who preach about the end of an age

??? Those who spread what possibility? False information? What the hell is preaching about the end of an age going to do other than turn a bunch of you into psychotics?

Some will try to rationalize it under science, even though it does not do justice to past evidence.

Actually, science is pretty good. It's so good that it changes all the time. And as such, science is explaining the world and universe to us, bit by bit.

they will all be lunatics, the same fringe who believed in May 21st and the rapture. They will all become Harold Camping's.

Well, I will always look upon these predictions and theories as coming from a not-so-coherent ideology. People with issues are likely to believe in these far-out ideas, so I won't go as far as to BRAND people a lunatic, their ideologies sure are loonie though.

Some will try to subject it to coincidence even though to them - there is no coincidence. The world continues to change, and at a quickening pace. Some will try to tell me that natural disasters have always been this bad in the past. They are lying to themselves. Some will try to tell me that mass animal die offs are a common occurrence, even though only a handful can be found for any given couple of years prior. Some will tell me that the economies of the world are recovering, and the the powers are NOT suicidally jumping headfirst into everything. They only make me laugh.

I hope you realize all the above is 100% generic gibberish.

The world is changing.

Some more generic gibberish. Everything is always changing.

Regardless of whether it has to do with 2012 or any other man proposed prophesy, there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that we are entering into a new age of humanity, of our planet.

I sincerely question that. It's all fine and dandy for us who live in the Western world, but have you looked outside? Have you EVER stopped to think at the mess? And can you then honestly, as an adult, say we are entering a new age of humanity? That makes it impossible to take you serious!

Not only out there in the world, but here on ATS - ridiculing for the believers of such things is going to grow exponentially, and the entire time the powers that be are going to be watching and laughing while they prepare to hide in their shelters for whatever it is that is coming.

I'll ridicule these far-out-psycho ideas and ideologies everywhere I see them. Why? Because a bunch of you who believe in these things will end up killing themselves or hurting themselves or others when these occurrences, as you put it - speed up.

This has been proven in history, you should try reading some, and this will happen again, and it will happen to us all unless we take our heads, remove our heads from where the sun don't shine and stop people from going overboard with nutcase theories that really come down to nothing other than mental masturbation.

Are you going to dislike this post? Yes you are.

Ask yourself why.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nothing happened.
And this is only the beginning...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't buy it OP. Because you wouldn't need this event to "convince" people to not believe in theories like Nibiru. First, because a huge % of the world doesn't even KNOW about Nibiru. They may have heard about it in passing, but they disregard it. For those that have heard, the majority will think it's bunk. And rightly so, since there is a serious lack of that silly proof thing.

This event isn't going to cause people to suddenly disregard Nibiru. Most don't know.. those that do know don't care. If something comes along in the form of proof.. then people will take notice.

That's a funny thing about these boards. People here assume that the world is like them. They are not. Most don't give two thoughts about UFOs, bigfoot, ghosts or mystery planets.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Mark my words. This is only the beginning.

Hey look everyone......a prediction that may actually come to pass.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Must agree with the OP. This just clicked in my head when a co worker asked me how my Saturday was, and laughed. Next time this happens, people will take it with even less of "a grain of salt".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree for the most part.I don't think you give credit to those of us that see the difference though.By no means do I think we are "invincible" but neither do I belive that humans can predict the future except to study human nature and the past events of humans. Yes the goverenment lies and will tell us nothing about anything and when they do it will be more lies and missinfo,this is who they are and for the most part how you deal with 7 billion people I would think.As to what is happening to the world I refer to what whales do to the barnacles on there back by scraping them off on the coral.

Doomers will always be around,there is money to be made by peoples fears and beliefs and there will always be fools,but the majority will always think for themselves and ignor the crap for the most part...............I hope.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Main thing is to keep aware of what is going on, look at different sides of any given story, and think for ourselves in conjunction with open, rational discussion with others. It means asking questions, whether they support or detract from an issue or situation. Ignore those who laugh at, belittle or are condescending to those who ask questions.
Those who lose their professional bearing in response to a question have nothing to offer. For that matter, if these people work for government or media they should be singled out to join the ranks of the unemployed. Same for liars and the rest of their ilk.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

yes i agree that this is just the beginning, the beginning of what ?? doomsday??? the end of the world? or a new beginning??? anyway you look at it it is a new beginning,of things to come, things that we can not will not imagine, for our brains are to small to comprehend what is to come, will it be what we as a people of the world bring about, that is to say self fulfilled?? For we are a world quick to make blood spill, that is to say, by the use of the sword or by the swords edge. The things our leaders say or do reflect this, for you see it happening now, for this is just the start of things to come.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I heard something recently from a old man,"You remember the story of the little boy who cried wolf? Funny thing is eventually, the wolf, came!" Thought it was sorta fitting. Anyone who has read the Bible could debunk Camping with very little effort. It has been bothering me that "dooms day" got so much attention.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
0Maybe it was the start of the last 7 years? may 21, 2011 - 2018?? Just a thought

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Soooo

OP you are saying that those shadowy "powers that be" have been orchestrating humans to make them think they are invincible? That the "doomsayers" are being -set up to fail-to reinforce that those who cry doom are "nuts"? All so that when a real emergency goes down people ignore it while TPTB escape to their bunkers?

Well first off I would say that those shadowy PTB have much more reliable sources and data at their fingertips then all the doomsayers put together. Those very same "PTB" also control the media (I guess) soooo, does it matter anyway? They have the truth and control the message, so if a real doom is coming and they don't want you to know, you aren't ever going to know. Meanwhile the Chicken littles will continue to cry the sky is falling and the elite/alphas will just keep on keeping on.

Honestly I don't believe any of it (or much of it anyway).

Humans crave fear, fear kept/keeps us alive.

We don't have enough danger in our day to day lives anymore, so we see Lions in the tall grass all the time.

Additionally Humans (Children and Pets in particular) know that bad attention is better then no attention at all. So the good Rev. of recent Rapture fame got exactly what he wanted. Attention.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yep, it has crossed my mind that the media has been quite adamant at showing the failed prophecies, but of course the ones which have come to pass are not mentioned ever.

Are there charlatans? of course there are, but why would the media and obviously tptb would want to give so much publicity to the charlantans like Camping?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Would also like 2 add this lil tidbit...When you are 1 sided on a matter it is hard 2 be objective on it ....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblacke

Nice job. Your take on this event is sound. I am myself following what ever is approaching be it a comet, asteroid, or a dwarf star. I dont discount anything although Camping could not have possibly calculated 7000 years to the exact day since the great flood. I am no follower of man made religions but believe in a prime creator. I have personally observed things happen by conscious co-creation. Some call it coincidence or synchronicity but what I observed was a conscious intended outcome. So as to not ramble ,even though this object is approaching, we as humanity may be able to influence its path. To be noted the Russians have claimed this object, Elenin, may show evidence to be under some kind of control. Could it be our consciousness?

Nameste" all Peace

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't know about all that, OP. It's definitely a concept worth considering, but, up here in Canada, mainstream media channels have been airing specials about 2012 for years now. (like Discovery, History, and even CBC News Network) Pretty much every "average Joe" that I know has some sort of knowledge about what's "supposed" to happen. It's not on the nightly news and late-night joke circuit yet, but, was Harold Camping's prediction such big news 2 or 3 years ago? Methinks that come the beginning of December 2012, we'll see more and more mainstream coverage.

As far as the earth's natural disasters getting worse, and the earth changing so quickly, I'm not convinced of that, either. As quickly as the earth changes, so increases our access to an overwhelming bombardment of information. Everytime the earth burps now, the fiberoptic cables are abuzz with over-analysis of said burps.

For example, the 9.5 earthquake in Chile and the 9.2 earthquake in Alaska were a little less than 4 years apart. (May 1960-March 1964)
The Indonesian Quake/Tsunami and the recent Japanese quake were about 6 and a half years apart. About the same amount of time between massive, massive earthquakes, but I would put money on there being much less end of the world talk back in '64. If there was an ATS telegraph network back then, it might look about the same as today's website, when factoring the cold war and nukes and such.

Point is, to my eyes and brain, I haven't seen any damning evidence to anything happening in 2012 outside of the fact that we can be wiped out at pretty much any moment from any number of methods from earth or space.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Good read, I was thinking the same thing as this goes right along with other verses in the Bible:

2 Peter 3:2-4
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days SCOFFERS, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I agree with your post.

Camping should have NEVER set an exact date. The Bible itself says that no one knows the day or hour, not even Jesus.

But it DOES say that we can know when that time draws near. To anyone who has studied the Bible, it is obvious that the time draws near. Yes, similar events have happened before, but it is the timing of the events that makes this time in history different. They are all coming together at the same point in history.

All this ridicule of Christians, even ones who did not agree with Camping, reminds me of the people ridiculing Noah ....... right before the flood.

Matthew 24:37 - "But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I would have to agree, 100%, and, in fact, have thought of it myself.
I had heard, quite a while ago now, that "truthers" if you will, WILL be deemed as lunatics and perhaps even deemed as threats.
There might well be a time to go and "round up the truthers."

Not to mention that this guy spent millions on advertising his rapture, and also accepted millions in donations. Then disappeared....so he's sitting nice somewhere if that's true.
I half expected to find that a perfume called "Rapture" was going to be released on the 21st.

Either way, I'm somewhat glad this happened. It can serve to act as a reminder to us all to pay a little more attention, do a little more research, and most important of all, a LOT more thinking for ourselves. Pay attention to our hearts and intuitions as well as logic and evidence. But now we have to learn to spread what we deem as truth in a manner that wont have us slotted in the same category as Camping.
Thanks for the thread
Peace and One love

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Tsunamis, earthquakes, animal die offs, solar flares, volcanic activity, bee colony collapse, kind of paying attention.

Doomsday seed vault, super rich buying bunkers and foreign acreage, hedge fund managers buying up farms, gold starting to be hoarded by the tonnage, got me thinking.

CIA moves heavy divisions to Denver, sold!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think you've got a good point OP, as if we don't already get enough for what we believe.
Now it will be like "Yeah, Camping said that too, and look what happened." whenever any end-of-the-world type situation is brought up. Very good point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join