It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condensation and Contrails - photos and descriptions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Jeezus, are you guys going to pick my posts word for word and respond, respond, respond?

Sorry for bothering to read and comprehend your entire post - I though that you might have considered it worthy of reading since you went to the bother of writing it in the first place.

If there's something in your posts that;'s unimportant to you then why did you post it??

How exhausting. Ok, I give. I am just trying to make a simple point that it is simply possible. That's it, possible that some # is being sprayed. Because, it is possible. That's it.

OK - it's possible - right along with it being possible that I am superman and the moon is made of cheese.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way how about we talk about what is actual, rather than merely possible??

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul]Originally posted by binkbonk

Sorry
That's ok.

there's something in your posts
Yes there is.

I am superman and the moon is made of cheese.
No you aren't

edit on 22-5-2011 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My posts are meant to be read as a whole, not dismembered into tiny pieces. How could you appreciate a picture of a beautiful woman if you had to look at one eye at a time, then the nose, then a tooth, a couple fingernails, maybe a knuckle after that?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by GringoViejo

Great job... But I am bored with this. I don't see how you do it day in day out...

Anyway, you are defending your profession, so you don't want to be complicit in the chemtrail conspiracy, I get it. It is more important to you than anyone to have contrails be nothing but contrails.

I am sorry I called you a shill, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I respect your profession, and I'm sure you are a decent human being. It was wrong of me to insult you. Although, I was not suggesting you would actually be aware if there was a chemtrail conspiracy. The conspiracy would involve the jet fuel, not the pilots of commercial airliners.

how do you know it would involve the jet fuel? Some allege its barium, or aluminum, or that its viruses, fungi and red blood cells, or that its oil, or sun blocking particles, or that it is something to kill people off, or that spraying to hide Niburu.

Ever found any samples of jet fuel that has been altered? And if its in the jet fuel, why does it only happen to make trails at contrailing altitudes when conditions are favorable for persistence?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

It's just a guess that it would be in the fuel. That would be an easy way to involve less people in the conspiracy. I don't really think a lot of commercial jet pilots would knowingly participate.

I'm also not infering that it would be any of those crazy things you mentioned, like spreading viruses. That's just silly. The ideas I've entertained are, "they" could be engaged in experimental, unapproved geoengineering practices, for who knows what purpose. Weather modification? Global warming defense? Just guessing (as in all my previous comments). These tests *could* involve substances that are unhealthy...

Not to disappoint, because I know it's probably more fun to debunk extremely paranoid theories like the ones you mentioned.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
awesome pictures FP..
thank you so much for posting the link..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It's just a guess that it would be in the fuel. That would be an easy way to involve less people in the conspiracy. I don't really think a lot of commercial jet pilots would knowingly participate.

I'm also not infering that it would be any of those crazy things you mentioned, like spreading viruses. That's just silly. The ideas I've entertained are, "they" could be engaged in experimental, unapproved geoengineering practices, for who knows what purpose. Weather modification? Global warming defense? Just guessing (as in all my previous comments). These tests *could* involve substances that are unhealthy...

Not to disappoint, because I know it's probably more fun to debunk extremely paranoid theories like the ones you mentioned.

The fact of the matter is, there are no air, soil or water tests to support that there are any chemicals being sprayed or added to the jet fuel. How many times does this need to be explained to you?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So when you admit its a guess, that means you actually have zero evidence, and are just speculating. Why not get evidence first, then come to a conclusion?

And yes those things are silly, but I did not make up any of those. Every one of those have been trotted out as what chemtrails are. See, it is a "belief", with out evidence, because if there was evidence, people would not come to so many different ideas. It is pseudo-religious, and these different ideas are like religious denominations of the the chemtrail faith. Not any of them have evidence of the barium, aluminum, red blood cells, viruses, etc, but they can imagine it to be, so that is good enough for them to make it fact.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

So when you admit its a guess, that means you actually have zero evidence, and are just speculating. Why not get evidence first, then come to a conclusion?
Yes, it's a guess, and I do not have any evidence to present... But something *seems* fishy about it, so I am here trying to share ideas about what it *could* be. Maybe looking for evidence.

Are you saying, simply questioning things that seem fishy is a bad thing?

Chemtrails could be as simple as water vapor. Like I said, that sounds plausible, but I don't see any reason to stop there, because nobody can prove that there *isn't* also a conspiracy.

THINKING TOOLS: YOU CAN PROVE A NEGATIVE

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Chemtrails could be as simple as water vapor. Like I said, that sounds plausible, but I don't see any reason to stop there, because nobody can prove that there *isn't* also a conspiracy.

Now there we go, thats the heart of the matter. Do you not have any evidence of anything, but something "feels" fishy to you, and if you can imagine something to be so, you will believe in it, until its disproven.

And that in a nutshell is the conspiracy mindset. They will read something, feel it is plausible, and will believe in it. And while they claim they will believe in it until its disproven (shifting the burden of proof), even when contrary evidence is given, its always dismissed.

edit on 22-5-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Yes, it's a guess, and I do not have any evidence to present... But something *seems* fishy about it, so I am here trying to share ideas about what it *could* be. Maybe looking for evidence.

Are you saying, simply questioning things that seem fishy is a bad thing?

From your article, did you even read it?

So it is impossible to prove that Santa Claus, unicorns, the Loch Ness Monster, God, pink elephants, WMD in Iraq, and Bigfoot don’t exist. Of course, this rather depends on what one has in mind by ‘prove.’ Can you construct a valid deductive argument with all true premises that yields the conclusion that there are no unicorns? Sure. Here’s one, using the valid inference procedure of modus tollens:
1. If unicorns had existed, then there is evidence in the fossil record.
2. There is no evidence of unicorns in the fossil record.
3. Therefore, unicorns never existed.

Now, let's apply this to the premise "Chemtrails do not exist".
1. If chemtrails existed, there would be evidence (in the form of air tests, changes in contrails etc)
2. There is no evidence of chemtrails in any scientific tests, and all of the behavior of chemtrails can be explained by the behavior of ordinary contrails
3. Therefore, Chemtrails never existed.

Should I link you to my exercise in critical thinking again?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Great article there. I like this bit:

So why is it that people insist that you can’t prove a negative? I think it is the result of two things. (1) an acknowledgement that induction is not bulletproof, airtight, and infallible, and (2) a desperate desire to keep believing whatever one believes, even if all the evidence is against it. That’s why people keep believing in alien abductions, even when flying saucers always turn out to be weather balloons, stealth jets, comets, or too much alcohol. You can’t prove a negative! You can’t prove that there are no alien abductions! Meaning: your argument against aliens is inductive, therefore not incontrovertible, and since I want to believe in aliens, I’m going to dismiss the argument no matter how overwhelming the evidence against aliens, and no matter how vanishingly small the chance of extraterrestrial abduction.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
All this talk about evidence is for looneys. Just go outside, look up and say "I see a chemtrail there must be an evil plot involved". Then come back inside so you don't get poisoned and guess what's in them... Easy as pie.

You and your scientific evidence will one day be the laughing stock of history. Nothing more than bad science (like bloodletting). But me and my guess work will be exalted above all.

F you guys, I'm going to go somewhere that people appreciate a good theory ot two.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I don't believe in alien abduction.
Ciao!
edit on 22-5-2011 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

All this talk about evidence is for looneys. Just go outside, look up and say "I see a chemtrail there must be an evil plot involved". Then come back inside so you don't get poisoned and guess what's in them... Easy as pie.

You and your scientific evidence will one day be the laughing stock of history. Nothing more than bad science (like bloodletting). But me and my guess work will be exalted above all.

F you guys, I'm going to go somewhere that people appreciate a good theory ot two.

Haha, see you around binkbonk. Maybe one day you can deny your ignorance with science. I've never seen a 'chemtrail' so there is no reason for me to make a conclusion that there are 'chemtrails' and go look for evidence to suit my assumption (while ignoring the evidence against it).

BTW: I appreciate hypotheses, but only when supported by evidence.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You've still not explained how you tell the difference between a "chemtrail" and a persistent contrail. Is it just intuition, or is there actually a measurable visible difference?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It's just a guess that it would be in the fuel. That would be an easy way to involve less people in the conspiracy.

It would also be easy to find evidence for - go buy some jet fuel, get it tested to see what is in it.

No-one has done so yet.....or at least they haven't said so that I'm aware of.....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul]Originally posted by binkbonk

I am superman and the moon is made of cheese.
No you aren't

you can't prove that either of them isn't true

edit on 22-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Don't let the chemicals spray you on the way out.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo

Don't let the chemicals spray you on the way out.

He was just trolling...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join