It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran arrests 30 people suspected of spying for US ‎

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Iran arrests 30 people suspected of spying for US ‎

Link to story

TEHRAN - The Iranian intelligence ministry announced that it had uncovered and dismantled a network suspected of spying for the United States and made 30 arrests, state television reported on Saturday.

"Due to the massive intelligence and counter-intelligence work by Iranian intelligence agents, a complex espionage and sabotage network linked to America's spy organisation was uncovered and dismantled," a ministry statement read out on the television said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry says it has arrested at least 30 people allegedly linked to a spy network run by the CIA. In a statement read on state TV Saturday, Iran's secret service says its agents uncovered activities of a CIA-run espionage network that sought to recruit Iranian spies through U.S. diplomatic missions that include the United Arab Emirates, Malaysia and Turkey. Article Controls Emailemail imagereprint imagenewsletter imagecomments imageshare imagedel.icio.us imageDigg It! imageyahoo imageFacebook imageTwitter imageReddit imagerss The report didn't provide further details, but claimed the recruits had been asked to spy on Iran's research institutes, universities, nuclear programs and other sites. Iranian authorities occasionally announce the arrest of people with alleged ties to foreign intelligence agencies, particularly the U.S., Britain and Israel.

www.forbes.com...

"Elite agents of the intelligence ministry in their confrontation with the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) elements were able to arrest 30 America-linked spies through numerous intelligence and counter-intelligence operations," it added.

Related News Links:
www.presstv.com
www.pakistantoday.com.pk

www.westport-news.com...
edit on 21/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is only just being reported, will probably make some major sources soon...I'm not finding much info on this but Sky news here in the UK have just reported it but they are also waiting for more info...
So things seem to be hotting up and these arrests are only going to exacerbate things, I just wonder how the US will react to this.

This could be pretty big

News Article
(visit the link for the full news article)

Check the other links, waiting for more info

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OK two more links to news articles...

news.smh.com.au...

www.greenfieldreporter.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well t hat is good for them, the US is there to probably spy on them and give that info to Israel for an airstrike agaisnt its reactors.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I remember the wikileaks cable about Hilary Clinton telling US Diplomats to spy on the UN, and collect DNA and other info.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If that is the case the she is a two-bit whore, evil SOB. That is extremely unethical to do something like that, especially another world leaders etc.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I remember the wikileaks cable about Hilary Clinton telling US Diplomats to spy on the UN, and collect DNA and other info.

Why would Hilary Clinton tell US Diplomats to spy on the UN, and collect DNA? i mean you just said collect the DNA of those diplomats, that isnt very human.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well I want to keep this about Iran really but here are a couple of articles about America Spying on the UN and other diplomats.

I guess spying is spying so It's kinda related.

Sky news link

www.guardian.co.uk...

Was all of this not reported in the US?

Hmmm

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The US and Israel are begging for a war with Iran and I'm afraid they will get their wish. If Iran refuses to free these 30 so called spies, the US won't be happy and then BOOM - the next day we see airstrikes on Tehran by NATO claiming its for freeing the people of Iran and try to make it look like a big Humanitarian Crisis.
edit on 21-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is code for: "The Mullahs have some political adversaries they would like to kill, plus we hate America, SO..."

ETA: it would be naive to think we didn't have a network of spies there.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Why would Hilary Clinton tell US Diplomats to spy on the UN, and collect DNA? i mean you just said collect the DNA of those diplomats, that isnt very human.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Well I thought all this was common knowledge.... This thread is about IRAN arresting American SPIES.

But here is the article which mentions DNA and so on.... I just remember it being discussed on the news over here last year..... this isn't new you know.

Hillary Clinton ordered American officials to spy on high ranking UN diplomats, including British representatives.

Top secret cables revealed that Mrs Clinton, the Secretary of State, even ordered diplomats to obtain DNA data – including iris scans and fingerprints - as well as credit card and frequent flier numbers.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It's just starting to make Western News now...

www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Of course it is, ATS is a leading force when it comes to news!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Of course it is, ATS is a leading force when it comes to news!

Yep, sure is.... I'm hoping we can have a decent idea of what happened, even before it makes the MSM.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Made the LA Times now

IRAN: Intelligence ministry claims to arrest 30 alleged CIA spies

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have absolutely no doubt they are spying. In which case, Iran has the right to do all they can to stop it and it's the USA's fault for trying to instigate conflict.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Iran Clamps down on US Spy Network, Arrests 30 CIA Agents

english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9002315392

Also a report by BBC Monitoring database(www.monitor.bbc.co.uk)

title for pastebin, was Iran arrests 30 CIA-linked spies,

/jpi9fJN0
edit on 21-5-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Hi BB

I suppose (if true), this will create new tension and even more questions asked by the world as to the REAL role the USA plays in their self appointed world governing and control mission.

US agencies will probably deny this and try and blame Iran saying these people were just contractors doing regular jobs in an attempt to cover their backs, I'm sure the fake papers well well in place. The US then looks like the victim and mass MSM will push their side of the story.

Either that or it's a bunch of patsies placed there to be deliberately caught to stir the pot into a conflict.

Will be interesting to read what Iran says about this if we ever get an unbiased version (ha ha) coming from their side of the fence.

Let's hope this is just bad reporting and things aren't as bad as they could be.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
I have absolutely no doubt they are spying. In which case, Iran has the right to do all they can to stop it and it's the USA's fault for trying to instigate conflict.

Well if the US is spying on its allies, why not on its enemies?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well yeah exactly mate, the propaganda machine could well be full steam ahead or this could really be what it appears to be...

An unbiased report/article on this would be nice... but highly unlikely.

And yes, I hope this is a mix-up or false reporting because this could just well be the trigger the US has been looking for.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join