It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember the 70's?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Great choices! I just have to add these

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggalette

hey, great choice of music ;-)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by musicbuff

Hey thanks. I grew up on this music...didnt hurt that I grew up in Alabama either

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggalette
reply to post by musicbuff

Hey thanks. I grew up on this music...didnt hurt that I grew up in Alabama either

Ill be straight up..im more geared to various types of music, but when ever....and i mean, when ever i come across people who are seriously in tune or have a feel for this type of music, ( unlike myself due to lack of exposure ) i tend to applaud them with what ever means that are available to me. Once again..great choice of music.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Feast on this soul shattering life altering masterpiece. The story behind this song is pretty cool. This may or may not be your thing but it brings tears to my eyes everytime.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

some of my favorites...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Used to listen to Cat Stevens alot. He was amazing. One of my favorites of his is Sad Lisa.

70's music is probably still my favorite music. Lots of good tunes came out of that decade...and they are still great to listen to today.

edit on 21-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Other than the music, which I love btw, do you miss anything else from the 70's? I find I'm being drawn back to that time period more and more. For instance I collect vintage jewelry from then, pendants, lockets, charm bracelets, from designers as well as everyday. The ads from the vintage Avon ads I found on a page on the web, are so cool looking I want to drop into them and time travel back! lol I'm just teasing, but I think it does reflect a simpler time from my childhood that I didn't have any stress or decisions in and maybe that's why I'm drawn to it. At least I have an idea of why.

Anyway, the music is killer, but that doesn't mean I'm not into today's music. I'm a huge fan of some indie groups and some big ones like Muse, and Florence & the Machine. I think you have to allow yourself to explore without wanting a reward from music to enable yourself to be open to new styles. Please try it! Listen to all new music one night, and pick one band that you liked the best, and go from there. Music I think fosters creativity, and growth, and it also brings us back. It's a multilevel experience! Please try!

And, the 70's rock!

xxxx
Prax

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

I wish I had "total control" over Martha Davis.

There is a whole treasure trove of material from that era by bands that people don't remember much anymore. I'm finding another nice source of off the beaten path pop music in France, the ye ye girls and their heirs. I love a lot of the things that France Gall did, as well as Michel Berger and others from that scene.

Here is a beautiful song by France Gall (written by her brother Patrice) from 1969. Even if you don't understand the French language, the feeling comes through:

edit on 21-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Lots of good oldies wow lots of people remember the good old days too, long live the Seventies...

Nazareth - Sunshine love this song..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes, i do. I miss the memories and how peaceful it was back then. People weren't caught up in all the sht, no reality shows to infect peoples minds, and music that didnt leave you wanting to ki double hockeysticks yourself. It was upbeat and positive. I remember sitting on the beach watching the sun set, feeling the warmth on my face from the rays and not having a care in the whole world, never worrying about what other people thought because it was ever really a huge issue. Now it's much different, the feel of the World is foreign comparatively speaking. I also like some of the music today but its just not the same.

Originally posted by Praxilla
Other than the music, which I love btw, do you miss anything else from the 70's? I find I'm being drawn back to that time period more and more. For instance I collect vintage jewelry from then, pendants, lockets, charm bracelets, from designers as well as everyday. The ads from the vintage Avon ads I found on a page on the web, are so cool looking I want to drop into them and time travel back! lol I'm just teasing, but I think it does reflect a simpler time from my childhood that I didn't have any stress or decisions in and maybe that's why I'm drawn to it. At least I have an idea of why.

Anyway, the music is killer, but that doesn't mean I'm not into today's music. I'm a huge fan of some indie groups and some big ones like Muse, and Florence & the Machine. I think you have to allow yourself to explore without wanting a reward from music to enable yourself to be open to new styles. Please try it! Listen to all new music one night, and pick one band that you liked the best, and go from there. Music I think fosters creativity, and growth, and it also brings us back. It's a multilevel experience! Please try!

And, the 70's rock!

xxxx
Prax

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
and of course Queen!!! I couldn't not add one of the greatest bands EVER!!!

edit on 22-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Where did all the really good artists go..

in memory of my soulmate, he is now awake and free.
edit on 23-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The sound of Silence

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I grew up in the 50's, 60's 70's... I am still growing up, HA!

Yes I agree the music in the late 60's through the 70's was execellent and carved a new dimension in music. I have 5 adult children who grew up in the 80's and 90's but love 70's music and refer to it as revolutionizing music.

I am not much of a tchno, or rap guy but some of the music I listen to that is from the 2000's is pretty good. Still, it doesn't compare to the 70's

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ah yes. the 1970's...remember them well.

Suprised no one or maybe I missed them...anyone mention Lynyrd Skynyrd...Free Bird...Sweet Home Alabama.

How about Marshall Tucker, the Outlaws, Allman Brothers...CDB...oh, and AC/DC...40 years later and still the biggest grossing live band in the world...

Oh, and don't forget Boston, and even Jimmy Buffet and Margaritaville... now here's a guy that took an idea and ran with it....Jimmy still sells out a full stadium live concert in mere hours...amazing.

PInk Floyd anyone? Dark Side of the Moon...The Wall?

I also remember Chevy Camaros with those heavy long ass doors...same with the Pontiac FireBirds...oh, and Smokey and the Bandit...Black Trans Ams...Burt reynolds movies...Deliverence, The Longest Yard, White Lightening....

Oh, Walter Cronkite and the Viet Nam War...and Watergate...Richard Nixon...

I also remember segregation, integration, and busing...Jimmy Carter, stagflation, inflation, rising gas prices, and the "new" Japanese import cars...good on gas....also Chevy Vegas, Ford Pintos

Oh, and Roger Staubach and the Dallas Cowboys and the Dooms Day Defense...Harvey martin, Too Tall Jones...
Every Thanksgiving it was the Cowboys and the Redskins...I also remember the awsome comeback the Cowboys had...3 touch downs behind with like 5 minutes to go and they pulled it off..."Staubach frops back into the shotgun"...on CBS....

I remember Coke in little green 6 1/2 oz bottles...Moon Pies...the stores being closed on Sunday...

the 1970s..."it was the best of times, it was the worst of times"....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is such a great Thread and i didn`t want to start a new one so im adding some new tunes these guys are from the 80`s, and one of The Greatest Canadian Bands of all time, Thankyou everyone for contributing to this, now all can view their fave tunes here whenever they like, handy dandy ain`t it

edit on 12-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Caved In

Life House

Long Story Short

Snow Patrol , one of my ultimate favorite bands

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
OZZY AND LITA FORD! NUFF SAID!~

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

top topics