It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember the 70's?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-5-2011 by Pitlover because: link did not work

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Motown from the mid to the end of the 60's and then Rock and Roll and Rock into the '70's . CCR , Rod Stewart , Steppenwolf , the Stones . Ya , Maggi Mae by Rod Steward . Midnight Special by CCR .

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How could the most popular band of the seventies not be mentioned?

Or the man Clinton called an American treasure.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
One of my favourites:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
One of my favourites:

My fav by him he was another great artist taken before his time.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was born in the 80's but remember the 70's from my previous life.

It was spent in the sea as a merman talking to fish. Or was i aquaman?

Actualy, it may have been the '___'. Couldnt have been the Weed.

Lucy in the Skyyyy with Diamonds.............

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
music is bought and paid for these days. nothing compares now with the exception of a few artists. glam rock, disco, big hair bands, that was the end of music. pop is the same way. playing three chords does'nt make sense. the night the music died (dec. 1980-john lennon). music is not in the of eye the beholder, music is the window to the soul.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here`s a blast from the past.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
1970's when Elton John was all about rock & rock/pop. J. Geils Band put out incredible albums years before their MTv crap hit 'Love Stinks'. Frank Zappa & The Mothers were creating masterpieces. 60's folk & psychedelia gave way to new sounds coast to coast. The original Metal bands of the very late 60's hit their stride. Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath, later on Judas Priest, the Crue, Pantera, Iron Maiden. Dio.

Alice Cooper. God bless that man.

The brothers were putting out awesome sounds; Parliament Funkadelic had a stage show so unreal, Gene Simmons was smart enough to bring that glitz to the white boy audience & get rich with KISS.

The freaky big hair bands where the guys looked like girls - holy crap. A few of those bands were excellent.

David Bowie was just incredible, few artists presented a total entertainment package like he did.

We who loved Rock suffered horribly through The Disco Years when polyester, marching powder and wind-tunnel tested hairdos tested our patience.

The Ramones changed the world with a look and sound that ignited a genre of discontent youth. The Sex Pistols was a manufactured 'boy band' of the day. The Punk scene was so awesome: The Clash. Elvis Costello. Generation X. The Talking Heads.

Good or bad, the 1970's may have brought more diversity to the radio than most decades can claim.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Some of my favs

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one in the world who liked The Motels lol

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
One more 70's song for the thread

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Well said!

Awesome posts, all!

There's an entire genre that's being ignored, however, and I think it's worth your few minutes of time to have a listen; admittedly, a shot and a beer in front of you will enhance the mood... some are the "not exactly what you expected" examples:

finally...

So many more in this genre, I'm sure I've already hit the ceiling for video, but for the musicianship alone on these... surely and sorely missing nowadays.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
this one is super crucial
black sabbath in paris. some of the best Live footage ive ever seen in my life.
this band deserves better.

edit on 21-5-2011 by 4th horseman because: first time linking video here . okay i cant seem to the youtube video Number, i thought id just use the link but apparently thats wrong

heres the link to one of the greatest bands of all time and one their greatest live recordings.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-5-2011 by 4th horseman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Some more favs of mine.....this thread is the greatest

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Favorite Cat Stevens is Cats in the Cradle and Wild World.

The 70's to me just screams disco and Saturday Night Fever.
Stayin' Alive.

At least we did that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

I was hoping someone would post this. Love it.

Something else about the '70's music was lp's instead of ep's and downloaded songs. You didn't become slave to popularity as there was such a diverse range of style on the good albums.

That particular album had a great song by Papa John Creach on fiddle that was just great. Same thing with most of the later Commander Cody albums; such a range of style and temperament... listening from start to finish was a journey.

There were even little snippets of songs on the albums that you can't even find on digital. One comes to mind being a little instrumental before 'slat key sequel rag' on Doobie Bros. Takin it to the Streets.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't agree with your statement a bit, but this is probably because you're limiting your views to mainstream music only. Although I do like alot of the music from the 70s, but I feel art, both visual and audible, is stronger now than ever before. Ignore mtv or anything you see on cable tv, or the radio, delve deeper into the world-wide-web and start discovering music that most people are unawares of; and only then will you truly begin to realize how music is not dead. No art is. Ever heard of Emancipator, God Is an Astronaut, Kondor, Blazor, Sigur Ros, Cunninlynguist, Deas Veil, Soulchef, Blue Sky Black Death, Sleepmakeswaves, If These Trees could Talk, and so so many more. I listen to music everyday, none of which is mainstream, but it's my light in some moments of darkness, and part of the inspiration that keeps me working on art. Sorry for the mini-rant, I just feel very strong about this subject.

Anyway, blessings

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Other than the music, which I love btw, do you miss anything else from the 70's? I find I'm being drawn back to that time period more and more. For instance I collect vintage jewelry from then, pendants, lockets, charm bracelets, from designers as well as everyday. The ads from the vintage Avon ads I found on a page on the web, are so cool looking I want to drop into them and time travel back! lol I'm just teasing, but I think it does reflect a simpler time from my childhood that I didn't have any stress or decisions in and maybe that's why I'm drawn to it. At least I have an idea of why.

Anyway, the music is killer, but that doesn't mean I'm not into today's music. I'm a huge fan of some indie groups and some big ones like Muse, and Florence & the Machine. I think you have to allow yourself to explore without wanting a reward from music to enable yourself to be open to new styles. Please try it! Listen to all new music one night, and pick one band that you liked the best, and go from there. Music I think fosters creativity, and growth, and it also brings us back. It's a multilevel experience! Please try!

And, the 70's rock!

xxxx
Prax

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
70's, i remember using intranet and your talking about the 70's ...yeah but hey...stay away from the brown acid.. ( woodstock)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join