It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy, Crusty, Crumbling: Illegal Tour of Abandoned Six Flags New Orleans [75 Pics]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Absolutely FANTASTIC THREAD on all counts.

So creepy...

So real...

So prophetic...

Wow...

Thank you...

peace

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Haha there are even tagger trolls it seems

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by armtx

Originally posted by manticorex5
im mad because they just let die six flags like that

It was dieing before Katrina and Nickolodean now owns the property and they are going to turn into a them park of their own.

It was poorly located on the outskirts of New Orleans and the patrons weren't always the most respectful to the property. As for Nickelodean buying the land, that deal fell through long ago.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Fangoria commentary with video clip. Worth the time.

Jazzland Video

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
wow spooky
also looks like the downloadable map for modern warfare 2

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
looks like modern warefares map

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Great photos, thanks.

If 6 Flags is going to abandon that facility, they should be forced to raze it. Its unacceptable to allow the metals, paints, etc to leech into the ground water and soil. They should be forced to either reinvest in it, create some jobs and get it back in business or tear it down in an environmentally acceptable manner. They should be held to some accountability for what remains, disaster or not.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

wow amazing what a perfect place for a horror flick

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Whoever turns in all that metal will make a lot of money at the scrapyard.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow great pictures. I'm not sad over this I kinda ... happy for it. Now when they tear it all down perhaps they can use the scrap material for something USEFUL for a change.

I doubt it but eh, just my imagination running wild.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well since I'm sure that they declared the park a total loss on their insurance and took a massive write off for it, they should turn the metal and the rest of what is there that has some value over to the residents of the community. If they are going to abandon the facility, after taking the great accounting benefits from the disaster, they should also donate the land back to the city or a nature conservancy.

Allowing them to let it sit there, rotting in front of the people who once worked there and made it a profitable enterprise is unacceptable.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I love it because it reminds me of my fav game left for dead its great thanks for sharing this with us

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I enjoyed looking through those great pictures because I have loved fairgrounds since I was a little kid.

I wonder if anyone has seen the pictures of Chernobyl because there is a small fair there, that has been left for so long the paint has gone from the wheel and rides. It has that same surreal look almost as though ghosts are walking and running through it. Some of those pictures were fantastic, the colours quite beautiful.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Haha there are even tagger trolls it seems

There's actually another i forgot where it was but yeah tagging is a way of life, somewhat like the internet so yes there are!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow...

Amazing shots there. Straight out of a horror film.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Makes me want to take a 20 minute drive and check it out myself. Have driven by many times and wondered what was left.
Some really awesume pics, almost hauntingly beautiful.
As for tearing it down, it is one of many sites business and residential that are still left in disrepair since Katrina.
In Slidell, just north of New Orleans there are still homes that are abandoned because of the owners being jiped out of their insurance claims due the damage being caused by a tidal surge and not flooding.
But in every disaster there is a glimmer of beauty and this alone with so much more is what attracts me to this area and why I call it home.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
these pictures are beautiful! i would've never had the courage to climb that roller coaster =/ lol.
edit on 05/20/2011 by visinequeen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's more of an amusement park now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
New Orleans East was a bad idea when it was developed in the 70s and is still a bad idea. Let the wetlands reclaim that area. There are still thousands of unoccupied buildings in the city proper that need to be dealt with before we even think about Jazzland. Great pictures, though. Good to see that even our vandals are pro-Nola!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
These photographs are a great find. thanks for posting them. I have to agree with someone who posted earlier, some of the scenes surprised me with how "clean" they appeared compared to what I imagined. The juxtaposition of innocent childhood fun and the effects the world can have on it is very powerful. I had to share these after seeing them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join