It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders reach Patriot Act deal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So, does this mean that the "extending the Patriot Act for 4 years" deal was in the left hand
while the right hand as killing Bin Laden?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Did bush sign a secret presidential order while he was still in office, changing the meaning of the word change?
The change you voted for is another term of bush.... If you guys vote this fool in again, you deserve everything you get.....

I am not sure if I can still vote or not yet, I got to read up on the rules, if I can, Ron Paul has my vote.

Well here's the deal... With proprietary secret code in more and more "voting" machines... There is no way We can determine whether "We" voted ANYONE in. (And on top of that...it's the Electoral College that does the "electing." Not the average Human on the streets.)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Those SOBs are about to vote on it...

CSPAN2

The vote should be soon.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The most telling, and disgusting part of it all?
From article.

Another plus for both parties: the four-year compromise places the vote in 2015 — which is not an election year. www.politico.com...

If that doesn't make your blood boil, nothing will.

Ron Paul 2012.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Paul threatens to hold up Patriot Act

A bill extending provisions of the Patriot Act that expire this week easily cleared a major hurdle in the Senate on Monday, but it could face delays if Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) decides not to hold votes on proposed changes to the legislation.

Freshman Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a vocal critic of the counter-terrorism surveillance law, threatened Monday to “drag out” the process if Reid fails to hold votes on some of the nine amendments Paul introduced or co-sponsored on Monday.

When asked whether he would try to block the bill if he’s denied votes on his amendments, Paul replied: “I will make them drag it out if we don’t get some votes, because I was promised votes on amendments and we’ll stand firm on that,” adding that he’ll do “whatever it takes.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, said “it remains to be seen” how Senate leaders will handle Paul’s amendments. But she warned against any political maneuver that would slow or derail the bill.

Feinstein, you're a traitor.

Monday’s 74-8 cloture vote opens debate on the bill and sets up another procedural vote in the Senate later this week. Sixty votes were needed to proceed to the bill.

The 74 senators who voted for the bill need to be kicked out of the senate right now for breaking their oath of office of upholding the constitution.

The bill renews three provisions, set to expire on Friday, that authorize court-approved roving wiretaps; give the FBI access to library records and anything else considered relevant to a terrorism investigation; and monitor so-called “lone wolf” terror suspects.

One of Paul’s proposed amendments, backed by Gun Owners of America, would block law enforcement officials from being able to access certain firearm records under the Patriot Act. An amendment, authored by liberal Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and co-sponsored by Paul, calls for greater oversight of Patriot Act provisions and adds new sunsets to surveillance tools known as National Security Letters.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well considering most people think 9-11 truthers are dellusional idiots, the patriot act is very plausible and necessary imo. Just tell your friends that you think 9-11 was an inside job and they will probably never talk to you again.

Simple math people. Don't get angry!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

He is not Ron, but he is not to shabby himself.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The senate voted to extend the patriot act. Bunch of traitors.

Senate votes to extend Patriot Act

The Senate voted overwhelmingly Monday to extend expiring provisions of the Patriot Act for four years despite objections of a coalition of conservatives and liberals.

Now the house will vote on it, probably tomorrow, and it will pass, you can be sure of it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join