It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders reach Patriot Act deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

www.politico.com

Top lawmakers in the House and Senate reached a deal to extend the Patriot Act for four years, a week before key provisions were set to expire.

Top lawmakers in the House and Senate reached a deal to extend the Patriot Act for four years, a week before key provisions were set to expire.

The pieces of the law that allow the federal government to compel businesses to release records, issue roving wiretaps, and monitor so-called “lone wolf” terror suspects were set to run out on May 27.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
And so the police state continues! That's change we cannot believe in uh?

More ``war on terror`` BS from the government. More it changes the more it stays the same.

I wonder what excuse Obama supporters are gonna find to justify this... probably ``it helped us killed Bin Laden`` or some nonsense answer like that.

Or even crazier, they gonna say it's all good and will run it as a point in 2012.

www.politico.com

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

www.politico.com

The pieces of the law that allow the federal government to compel businesses to release records, issue roving wiretaps, and monitor so-called “lone wolf” terror suspects were set to run out on May 27.

I read this on yahoo and could barely keep my composure to reply there. First they give us the BS report that Osama was killed by navy seals, without realising any evidence, then all the morons get together on ground zero to celebrate this phoney death, now they have the gal to extend the patriot act for another four years.

When does this crap end? Its infuriating and I don't even live in the usa anymore...........
Thanks for the article, I guess it never hurts to hash your justified anger again and again and again. Its better than taking it out on your cats/dogs. They are innocent lol

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The only thing I find surprising is that they are still carrying on some sort of facade trying to give the impression that they are anything other than fascist pigs. They have so much power as this point, they should start openly acknowledging that the game plan is a fascist police state.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
They have so much power as this point, they should start openly acknowledging that the game plan is a fascist police state.

Unfortunately all they would need to do would be to have someone with a lot of public favor to endorse it during "The Biggest Loser" or some other nonsensical reality show and Americans the country over would jump on board.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This really makes me sick!! Freakin Police State, Rip Up the Constitution Fascist Pigs!!!!

Hell, who am I kidding? Did I really think they would not extend it? I was really hoping they wouldn't, but I know that was a Pipe Dream. The only way that the badly named "Patriot Act" will go away is if RON PAUL wins in 2012. Anything short of that and we have no hope at all...
edit on 5/19/11 by kennylee because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zillah
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
They have so much power as this point, they should start openly acknowledging that the game plan is a fascist police state.

Unfortunately all they would need to do would be to have someone with a lot of public favor to endorse it during "The Biggest Loser" or some other nonsensical reality show and Americans the country over would jump on board.

Did you hear about the pittsburgh steeler running back questioning 9-11 and osama bin ladens involvement on facebook and someone reported it to Champion merchandise and then Champion merchandise dropped him as spokesperson of their brand?

The guy lost millions of dollars in endorsement fees and then some ignorant rednecks on yahoo were bashing him for being a traitorous N-word and that the steelers should fire him as well. Can you imagine the level of ignorance still prevalent in america?

I was hoping now that bin laden was officially "dead", it would put DHS and the Patriot Act out of commission, as well as get us out of iraq and afghanistan, so we can save money and help america deal with its problems.

Bush started the mess and Obama is continuing it. Both parties REEK really bad!!!
edit on 5/19/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Did bush sign a secret presidential order while he was still in office, changing the meaning of the word change?
The change you voted for is another term of bush.... If you guys vote this fool in again, you deserve everything you get.....

I am not sure if I can still vote or not yet, I got to read up on the rules, if I can, Ron Paul has my vote.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Why would I vote for ron paul, who is running on the republican ticket? You have to be extremely naive to think ron paul ALONE(even if he means well) can change 50 years of disasterous government. Either don't vote at all or vote for some smaller party. These smaller parties DO EXIST you know....

When you vote for EITHER of the two big parties, you will get a conservative government. Conservative means keep the status quo as it is. Democrats used to offer a little opposition but they learned JFKs lesson all to well it seems.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I tried that last election, as did a whole lot of us Ron Paul supporters(voting third party), that didn't turn out to well....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I can't help but think this is somewhat of a win? I mean 4 weeks doesn't buy them much, so I think it shows a lot of chinks in the armor. Perhaps this is a sign that there isn't enough support to extend it longer?

Strike all of that! I read it as 4 weeks, it is 4 YEARS! Ridiculous!!!!!!!

edit on 19-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I can't help but think this is somewhat of a win? I mean 4 weeks doesn't buy them much, so I think it shows a lot of chinks in the armor. Perhaps this is a sign that there isn't enough support to extend it longer?

Its four years.

nazis won WW2 and the USA is their lifes work to date. makes me sick to the core seeing this happening in the land that gave us dreams of greater things.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

OUCH!

Nevermind! I read that completely wrong. Now I am as sick as the rest of you.

All I can say is..............................

Ron Paul 2012
edit on 19-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Why would I vote for ron paul, who is running on the republican ticket? You have to be extremely naive to think ron paul ALONE(even if he means well) can change 50 years of disasterous government.

No. I do not believe one man alone can make the necessary changes. However, I'd rather vote for a man who would try his damnedest to push forward for those changes, no matter how much everyone opposed him, than a man who has blatantly lied (over and again)...who doesn't have our country's best interests in mind, and walks all over us (while giving us the middle finger under that "charming" smile) because he can.

You have no idea how much of an impact it would have if everyone stood up and raised their voices in the form of a vote. Even if Ron Paul didn't get elected it would show TPTB that more and more people are waking up and fighting for freedom. Fighting for a change. And maybe, just maybe, it would spark a fire in someone else who thought like Dr. Paul.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Some deal.

I fear soon we will all find the talking heads advising us that we must begin to 'speak' a certain way when discussing our government, and those who don't bear 'watching.'

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

Not even Ron Paul thinks one man, even a President, can do it alone.

ll of these measures will take a lot of work — a lot more than any one person, even the president of the United States, can accomplish by himself. In order to restore the country to the kind of government the Founders meant for us to have, a constitutionalist president would need the support of an active liberty movement. Freedom activists must be ready to pressure wavering legislators to stand up to the special interests and stay the course toward freedom. Thus, when the day comes when someone who shares our beliefs sits in the Oval Office, groups like Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty will still have a vital role to play.

Source

But at least we would have an ally at the helm instead of a puppet. Ron Paul would "allow" the change to happen, while most politicians buck against it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Once you let go of your rights, dont expect to get them back without a fight.

People dont relinquish power willingly. People let their fears compel them to act against their own interests, and all we can really hope is that they learn the lesson and refuse to do it again.

And then we have to fight the jerks for our rights back.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Congressional Website

Go to the link above and enter your zip code in the bar at top that reads "find you representative" Call them. Tell them to vote no. Hang up. Call back. Ask to speak to an aide. The retarded staffers that answer the phones are simply a procedural buffer between the people and their representative. As long as you don't ask for an aide, you can be certain your message is going in the trash, with the yuppie in trainings tofu lunch.

We must make an effort on this one people.
edit on 5/19/11 by TheRealJayZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
there are no words i could type
that could express the fury
I feel right now.

But I'm gonna give it a shot
without gettin banned.

A8W3S7 K5K9B6 Z0X4G6 F6V2L7 M1J5M3
L8B8C4 D2K2D9 H5S2R1 M0X0M4 B3Q0D3
N7F5L3 U8V2K1

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link