It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube video of Canadian Landslide (NOT A SINKHOLE) on train tracks!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

wow wow wow.. I was not aiming my post at anyone, so please do not get all pissy and think I was having a pop at you mate!! If I was I would direct it at you with your name haha I honestly didn't mean it like that either haha

I was referring to the general Hitlers that are plaguing the boards lately as anything double posted or wrong gets murdered by the same usual suspects and it has increased in the past couple of months.

I did a quick search and should have tried variants I guess, but as already explained - I was not even sure what you would call this (landslide may seem obvious to most of you, but I am the worlds worst at geography and to me it could have been a sinkhole lol).

I have made a note for mods to delete this thread (as it has already been posted) and I am posting in the earlier thread....

EVERYONE CHILL OUT AND RELAX!!!

It's the end of the thread as we know it.... and I feel fine!

edit on 19/5/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: spllllling

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Awesome and exciting to watch. Harder to decipher what and why.

My guess is it could have something to do with La Nina soaking/drenching the Eastern half of Canada this spring; and to add a bit of conspiracy, the area was destabilized already thanks to the approach of that asteroid and the general 2012 stuff happening.

I expect to see a lot more of this sort of thing happening everywhere, even without earthquakes.

ps - don't close this thread. I can't be bothered to look for the other one.

edit on 5/19/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thanks mate, but original thread is here - CanadianDream420 Thread

It is only fair to link the other thread as it was here first!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very spooky and cool at the same time.
Mother Nature at her best, like someone above said, "doing what ever the ... she wants"!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Good job on the new title!
To me it just looks like a landslide. That which I've seen around bodies of water, esp. close to a higher area, or road. Erosion also happens in raised areas, off mountainsides and hills.
edit on 19-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: corrections

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the term be Erosion? Since it is water from a creek or river Eroding the land, just a guess.

Regardless, this is a great video.
As I believe only one other person asked, where did this happen, does anyone know?

P.S I completely agree with you Flying Sorcerer about the "general Hitlers that are plaguing the boards lately as anything double posted or wrong gets murdered by the same usual suspects and it has increased in the past couple of months.

I know it's to keep the boards clean, and avoid clutter and confusion, but it certainly is starting to seem like everyone has sand in their vagina's about it.

I suppose they are as sick of double threads as we are of the sandy vaged ones.
Oh well, it's a vicious circle isn't it!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the term be Erosion? Since it is water from a creek or river Eroding the land, just a guess.
The correct word is indeed landslide. You could say landslides are one of many forms of erosion. There are other forms of erosion besides landslides, so calling it erosion instead, while not incorrect, is less descriptive.

For example, erosion from rain can also remove the hillside over a longer period of time even if there's no landslide. It just carries one speck of dirt away at a time, instead of the entire hillside at once.

As for the duplicate threads, I didn't have any problem with this thread since it was even a different source for the video, so not all duplicates bother me.

But it's the threads with the exact same source and the exact same title where it's pretty obvious the OP didn't use the search function that probably are warranted in receiving the flaming they get for not searching.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1   >>

join