It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube video of Canadian Landslide (NOT A SINKHOLE) on train tracks!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The original title of the youtube vid is "New Madrid Fault Line Mega Quake Has Started Sink HOLES IN CANADA MAY 2011" but that would have been a bit of fear mongering I think so decided against copying the video's original title

Did a search and found nothing after copying the vid title in the search tool, so mods, please remove if this is already on the forums)

Here is the vid

This is pretty mental to be fair! I would not be standing so close as this guy, but fair play - damn good footage of mother nature in action!!

As for the original title... well there is nothing to link it to "New Madrid Fault Line Mega Quake Has Started" - but interesting all the same I reckon!

What do you make of it then ATSers?
edit on 19/5/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: Edited title to be more accurate

edit on 19/5/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: not a sink hole not a sink hole not a sink hole ...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

Not a sink hole but a landslip into nearby river.

Nothing to do with a fault line at all.

A river washed away some of its bank which had railway tracks on it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That's a pretty amazing clip. A railroad turns into a bridge in seconds!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Holy crap... that is nature doing what she does best, whatever the # she wants.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that this is anything conspiracy related.

link   
this clip is at least a month old

link   
reply to post by chr0naut

yeah, like I said mate - the original title was way over the top. I knew it was river erosion, but as geography was my worst subject all those years ago, I wouldn't know the difference between a sinkhole and a manhole hahaha (ok not quite that bad, but you get the idea)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeS

I never said it was... just showing "fragile earth" in motion mate

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That's crazy! Nice find.
I think I'd be having a landslide in my pants if I was standing on top of that!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

ahahah thats KINGGGG

they must of started recording just MINUTES before it happened, what bosses

good footage

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

well "Uploaded by Cmychannel7 on 18 May 2011" is what youtube says, so to me it is new... where have you seen this before then?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeS
Holy crap... that is nature doing what she does best, whatever the # she wants.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that this is anything conspiracy related.

My old boss used to say, "What are the three things to consider when constructing a roadway?... Drainage, drainage, and drainage"..

I guess the same applies to railroads.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

edit on 19-5-2011 by Ceriddwen because: Whatever

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeah. I did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Embed video is betetr tho...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
all I could really search was the title given from the video and nothing was found (mods please delete as another thread already exists and there are FAR too many internet warriors who live and breathe to pull people up about searching, spelling and doing anything they don't like... and I don't want a lawsuit for causing a heartattack or aneurysm) xxx

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Looks much like a undercutting erosion with the lateral slips starting first, then as the displaced foundation fans out it forms the cavity where the railtracks overlie. Simple landslide physics at work and luckily the same thing hadn't happened here locally where over-erosion (rather than undercutting) caused a similar displacement of glaciated bedrock along a main line.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That's pretty amazing. Where in Canada is this video taking place? I wonder if it's nearby my town...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer

Originally posted by yourmaker

well "Uploaded by Cmychannel7 on 18 May 2011" is what youtube says, so to me it is new... where have you seen this before then?

ya i know its probably a repost, i saw it on liveleak but i know it was a long time ago, its cool

link   

edit on 19-5-2011 by Ceriddwen because: Not going there.

link   
hahaha just look at the tags thrown on youtube to go with this vid "disclosure ufo spiral peace monetary resource alien truth Consciousness dan burich david wilcock project camelot STEVEN GREER burisch NEW MADRID"

Haha no wonder the title was so far from he mark! - people see what they want/expect to see I guess

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
yeah, like I said mate - the original title was way over the top.
Thanks for changing the title!

You get extra credit in my book for replacing the over the top title with a more rational one, though as someone else said, I'm not sure "sinkhole" really applies either since it's a "landslide", the photographer even calls it that.

He's either brave, or crazy, or both! He almost got caught up in the initial landslide, if he had stayed there a few seconds longer. The ground disappeared from underneath his where his feet were, and the tracks and the ties were all that was left.

I also noticed not all the ties survived attached to the track, I saw at least one tie missing on the left side, so maybe it wasn't attached too well. Most of them stayed attached though.

One of the best videos I've ever seen.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join