It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's Cyber Army Gets Increasingly Sophisticated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

North Korea's Cyber Army Gets Increasingly Sophisticated

www.foxnews.com

“Modern war is electronic warfare. Victory or defeat in a modern war depends on how to carry out electronic warfare.,” Kim Jong-Il told his military several years ago. He has since made cyber warfare a top, though secret, priority of his paranoid regime. And the first salvos of that war have fired.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Over the past year, North Korea has been suspected of involvement in ever-larger cyber attacks against South Korea, as many as 15,000 a day, according to the South Kore
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Corrected title

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Looks like a new battlefield folks. Here come the cyber wars. N Korea according to this article has even tried attacks on the US, but are primitive . But they are preparing. A few more years and who knows what kind of system grid attacks well be under.Bank accounts, light, even defense breaches? All a new possibility for attacks. And if N korea has begun, who else has started this cyber warfare?

www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly

Looks like a new battlefield folks. Here come the cyber wars. N Korea according to this article has even tried attacks on the US, but are primitive . But they are preparing. A few more years and who knows what kind of system grid attacks well be under.Bank accounts, light, even defense breaches? All a new possibility for attacks. And if N korea has begun, who else has started this cyber warfare?

www.foxnews.com

Anonymous outed HB Gary & a few other US companies as originators of the STUXNET worm, which was written to prevent or slow down Iran's nuclear prospects.

If that's not cyber war, then I don't know what is.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
One of Tom Clancy's books, Debt of Honor, specifically talked about an economic attack by way of crashing the NYSE. It reminds me of what N. Korea and China are doing now.

Interestingly enough, their Great Dear Leader did invent the internet (along with Golf, and lets not forget they are descendants of God per their propoganda news).

Par for the course.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
were already at war with alot of nations through cyber armies. the nuclear worm is probably the first of many things to come.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here we go. Now the US is going to get even MORE paranoid and overstep more of their bounds of OUR privacy. Our country is paranoid and hates internet freedoms enough as it is

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
Here we go. Now the US is going to get even MORE paranoid and overstep more of their bounds of OUR privacy. Our country is paranoid and hates internet freedoms enough as it is

The article addresses the North Koreans launching cyber attacks against S. Korea, not the US. I pointed out China since we have confirmed that they have infiltrated some of our networks.

This is nothing new... So we can probably tone down the parnoia fear mongering.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wasn't trying to fear monger. But the US does use other worldly events as an excuse for own regimes or whatever the word would be. I hate fear mongering, but the government is always trying to find ways to beef up our own Cyber security including from the citizens. It's nothing to be scared of. I just hate hearing about it on the news. So that was my point but I guess it did sound like fear mongering. Sorry if I seemed that way

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's almost like we knew about it in advance.

The recent news story about the U.S. recruiting "cyber experts" from May 12th comes to mind.

- Cyber Experts Wanted

-ChriS

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

The reason they prepare for the worst is because its a very real possibility. I would rather spend the money planning for a disaster and never need it, than not spend and be caught completely unprepared. The other thing to keep in mind is not all foriegn action towards the US makes the news. US military networks, US Federal Government networks, Agency networks, all get probed on a daily basis.

To assume the US is left alone by countries is extremely naieve. To assume that the world is peaceful is extremely naieve.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

top topics

join