It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory of the Rapture, Reality and May 21st, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is my theory of the Rapture and general reality as I read in in the Bible. This post is in relation to the May 21st date for rapture.

Harold Camping's rapture prediction of May 21st will most likely allow peripeteia to take place in those who hear truth. Will Christ return on May 21st? Yes. May 21st is the present, just like now is the present. Future and past are an illusion. Christ is here already. The rapture takes place when you realize He is here. The rapture happens in a moment; in the twinkling of an eye. It is sudden realization. When you hear the truth, you are transformed. Here is the truth:

Hate, which is against God and man, manifests in the form of bias against others. This is pride--placing your 'self' above others and God. This is also the flaming sword that protects the tree of life. Love sees everyone as equal. God created us equal. Once you die to self, your awareness expands beyond the borders of your local area. Your consciousness expands to encompass others in love. We perceive this as a temporal process because we exist in a temporal universe which is fading. In reality, we are all one in the tree of life above. It is always now where our souls exists.

Our baptism is here in the water of the flesh. If we are to be born again into the spirit, we must first be born of the water (flowing material reality). If we fail to learn the lesson of love, the wheel turns and we are baptized again into another life. Until we sacrifice the ox, we stay here. The ox pulls the cart as the wheel turns. This is the self. Once we sacrifice the self, we free the burden. Buddha said:

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.

In John 3, Jesus said, "you must be born again." Either you are born again into the water, or you are born again into the spirit. Either way, you must be born again. If you escape the water by being born in the spirit of love, you are moved up a realm and escape material reality. Judgment day is when you die. The tree of life consists of the tree above that you build and the roots below where you are now. If you nourish the tree above, it bears fruit and your seed of information is planted in the ground above. It grows as you die here.

"The first shall be last and the last shall be first." If you put yourself first in this life, you will be last to get to heaven. If you put yourself last in this life, you will make it to heaven first. All eyes will see and every knee shall bow. ALL and EVERY

An entire oak tree is folded up in the acorn. 'Now' is the illusion of this enfolded information in transition and movement. In reality, it is always now for the tree above and the information can be saved or lost. Has the information in the acorn changed? Yes and no. It depends on you. There will be more acorns and more trees if the tree is nourished in love.

Christ came to share this message of love and the sacrifice of the one who carries the burden of self. He carried our burdens for us. He walked as no man could walk in life. He suffered every step for your benefit. No greater love hath any man than this. The gospel of Jesus was lived in the temporal realm of time for you. God and Jesus are not bound by time. They are here past, present and future. They will wait for you to wake to the illusion, but only when you are ready. The rapture will happen then and no man can predict when that day will be for you.

May 21st is insignificant. Judgment day comes for all of us. Heaven and hell comes by our choices in life. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.

One last thought: The Holy Spirit will eventually be removed. The final judgment comes. Hell is real and is a final separation from God. The wheel will eventually stop moving. Repent now and find love. It's really pretty easy. There is nothing but joy found in love for God and love for your neighbor.

edit on 18-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So what do you have to say to the christians on the so called day of "rapture"? What if you're wrong? How do we know that this isn't just cult talk. What if we turn on our televisions on may 21st and see reports of mass suicides?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Well put, friend. I had a thought earlier this week very similar to your theory. As a Christian, I can't accept that this Harold guy is good. I remember reading in the Bible that we will know who the false prophets are because they will make prophesies that do not come to pass. Harold's smoking gun=1994.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

if there are a rash of suicides then its NOT the rapture....just cults or something cause there wont be any bodies from what i hear about THE rapture....please correct me if i am wrong.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That's very beautiful, I too believe that the 'rapture' would be more like a spiritual awakening. What could be more 'rapturing' then being closer to God and love?

Whether or not it'll happen on the 21st, remains to be seen. I just hope that it isn't like someone said above, a bunch of mass suicides come the 22nd, that would be very sad. Course, if you believe any of the stuff that we hear around here, something big's supposed to happen within the next couple of years anyway, it's nice to have a beautiful prediction instead of the usual doom and gloom, earth is gonna explode, and we're all gonna die, stuff

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

But I saw in the fourth heaven according to class - I saw the angels resembling gods, the angels bringing a soul out of the land of the dead. They placed it at the gate of the fourth heaven. And the angels were whipping it. The soul spoke, saying, "What sin was it that I committed in the world?" The toll-collector who dwells in the fourth heaven replied, saying, "It was not right to commit all those lawless deeds that are in the world of the dead". The soul replied, saying, "Bring witnesses! Let them show you in what body I committed lawless deeds. Do you wish to bring a book to read from?" And the three witnesses came. The first spoke, saying, "Was I not in the body the second hour [...]? I rose up against you until you fell into anger and rage and envy." And the second spoke, saying, "Was I not in the world? And I entered at the fifth hour, and I saw you and desired you. And behold, then, now I charge you with the murders you committed." The third spoke, saying, "Did I not come to you at the twelfth hour of the day when the sun was about to set? I gave you darkness until you should accomplish your sins." When the soul heard these things, it gazed downward in sorrow. And then it gazed upward. It was cast down. The soul that had been cast down went to a body which had been prepared for it. And behold, its witnesses were finished.
Apocalyse of Paul

Here, we see an angel as Paul described it whipping a soul who had committed murder. The soul was then pushed back down into this world (the "world of the dead") into a new body after his judgement. This is "judgement day" and the subsequent reincarnation of the soul of a murderer that was full of "anger and rage and envy." He didn't go to a fiery pit of eternal damnation as we were taught to believe, he went to a "body which had been prepared" for him.

As the OP alluded, the word "rapture" is somewhat synonymous with "enlightenment." Christ never left us. He is still here inside of everyone.

It's also very beneficial for everyone to read up on The Four Noble Truths and the Eight-Fold Path.

OP, why do you say the cycle will suddenly stop?
edit on 19/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well said. In answer to your question:

I think the wheel stops at the Great White Throne of Judgement. LINK There is a final time when the wheel stops and God judges all actions. God is long-suffering, giving every opportunity to repent. Divine justice is completely explained with the idea of transmigration. God baptizes us until the final day of judgment. After that, the lake of fire is where the chaff is burned up. If the dove of peace does not find you, your choices judge you. If the dove finds you, Jesus lived your life for you. This is accepting Christ into your heart. This is the marriage supper of the lamb. If you are clothed in the wedding garment, you are partakers in the inheritance. The wedding garment is love. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love can dispel hate (the flaming sword).

I really enjoy that you mention the eight-fold path. It is sad that theology has missed the opportunity to realize equality. God has not merely revealed Himself to Christians--it is an equal revelation across the world. Creation shows up in sevens. The seven continents each hold a key to the overall truth of Christ.

Jesus said that the path is narrow and there are few that find it. The path He speaks of is no found in the exoteric church dogma of material observance. It is not found in the esoteric new age spirituality. Truth is found between. The exoteric church is the symbolism that points to the truth. The esoteric church is the reality of the spirit. True enlightenment is found simply. It is the path between. This is the golden mean and the superior man of Confucius. It is the golden mean of Aristotle. It is the beloved of Rumi. It is the way of truth of Buddha. Ultimately, Jesus is the way, truth and the life.

I have always said that Confucius wanted what was best for the people. Buddha sought enlightenment. Jesus was the enlightenment. Love is the key to the flaming sword of hatred that protects the tree of life. Love God and love your neighbor by your actions. Words are not enough.

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

But I saw in the fourth heaven according to class - I saw the angels resembling gods, the angels bringing a soul out of the land of the dead. They placed it at the gate of the fourth heaven. And the angels were whipping it. The soul spoke, saying, "What sin was it that I committed in the world?" The toll-collector who dwells in the fourth heaven replied, saying, "It was not right to commit all those lawless deeds that are in the world of the dead". The soul replied, saying, "Bring witnesses! Let them show you in what body I committed lawless deeds. Do you wish to bring a book to read from?" And the three witnesses came. The first spoke, saying, "Was I not in the body the second hour [...]? I rose up against you until you fell into anger and rage and envy." And the second spoke, saying, "Was I not in the world? And I entered at the fifth hour, and I saw you and desired you. And behold, then, now I charge you with the murders you committed." The third spoke, saying, "Did I not come to you at the twelfth hour of the day when the sun was about to set? I gave you darkness until you should accomplish your sins." When the soul heard these things, it gazed downward in sorrow. And then it gazed upward. It was cast down. The soul that had been cast down went to a body which had been prepared for it. And behold, its witnesses were finished.
Apocalyse of Paul

Here, we see an angel as Paul described it whipping a soul who had committed murder. The soul was then pushed back down into this world (the "world of the dead") into a new body after his judgement. This is "judgement day" and the subsequent reincarnation of the soul of a murderer that was full of "anger and rage and envy." He didn't go to a fiery pit of eternal damnation as we were taught to believe, he went to a "body which had been prepared" for him.

As the OP alluded, the word "rapture" is somewhat synonymous with "enlightenment." Christ never left us. He is still here inside of everyone.

It's also very beneficial for everyone to read up on The Four Noble Truths and the Eight-Fold Path.

OP, why do you say the cycle will suddenly stop?

edit on 19-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Well said.
More need to read this thread.

If you haven't already, you'll want to read Edgar Cayce's "interpretation" of The Book of Revelations. Personally, I think he's spot on or at least very close to it.

The White Throne Judgement may just be a temporary thing where only the good are allowed to live on the physical plane, like during the "1000 year reign of Christ." Since time is said to be our illusion, 1000 years can truly seem like an eternity.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

nice thread my friend, well said...

One last thought: The Holy Spirit will eventually be removed. The final judgment comes. Hell is real and is a final separation from God. The wheel will eventually stop moving. Repent now and find love. It's really pretty easy. There is nothing but joy found in love for God and love for your neighbor.

This i will have to disagree with though. Hell is a man made concept to fool people into following men who do not understand God. IMHO of course, Hell does not exist in the biblical terms you'll read about. You create your own hell here on earth through your own thoughts and actions. And if a spiritual "hell" actually does exist which i still say it doesn't... Its reserved for those who refuse to learn from their mistakes through many many incarnations. Yet even then its not an eternal place.

The spirit is eternal, its always with all life, and all physical matter. Its not something that can be taken away...

Even something as simple as a rock, has its own vibrations my friend.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'll read that tomorrow. I am currently reading The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes. You may be right. I am not sure we really ever stop living in a material plane. This is an amazing realization. We will eventually master the laws of nature and use them, much like we use electricity today. According the the linked book, Holmes gives a description of this which matches what we could image the universe providing. "In my house are many mansions." We are in an amazing place. Just being able to recognize I AM is grand enough.

1 Corinthians 2:9

"However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him""

Well said.

If you haven't already, you'll want to read Edgar Cayce's "interpretation" of The Book of Revelations. Personally, I think he's spot on or at least very close to it.

The White Throne Judgement may just be a temporary thing where only the good are allowed to live on the physical plane, like during the "1000 year reign of Christ." Since time is said to be our illusion, 1000 years can truly seem like an eternity.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree completely. God is long-suffering. The first shall be last. I can't say either way if there is a literal hell. I think this may be reserved for the forces of darkness. God is the Judge. We are the witness. Christ is the advocate. Satan is the accuser. As the witness, it is possible to implicate oneself in the crime. Most people do not make this choice. As ignorant as some are with their careless ways, I think that intention is measured much more than careless action. We can also say that many are in a state of ignorance. I am happy to stay a faithful witness in this life.

Originally posted by Akragon

This i will have to disagree with though. Hell is a man made concept to fool people into following men who do not understand God. IMHO of course, Hell does not exist in the biblical terms you'll read about. You create your own hell here on earth through your own thoughts and actions. And if a spiritual "hell" actually does exist which i still say it doesn't... Its reserved for those who refuse to learn from their mistakes through many many incarnations. Yet even then its not an eternal place.

The spirit is eternal, its always with all life, and all physical matter. Its not something that can be taken away...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthzouthere
reply to post by CapSolo

if there are a rash of suicides then its NOT the rapture....just cults or something cause there wont be any bodies from what i hear about THE rapture....please correct me if i am wrong.

Here is an example of mass deception, death and hysteria: THE JONESTOWN MASSACRE... the link is:

www.infoplease.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
On the Holy Spirit being taken away. The HS is the comforter. The comforter will be removed in the last days. You may be referring to the spirit within man. This is different, yet the same spirit. We are all one thing, but the Bible makes the distinction between the different spirits. There is the spirit of the world; of man and the Holy Spirit. This is the dove that descends on Jesus at his baptism. The Holy Spirit also restrains evil in the world. When the HS is removed, the restraining force is lifted.

In reality, we cannot really know until we know. This reality is only an image and we're trying to read into the actual future here. The image will never provide us with the actual truth of the matter until we see face to face.

1 Corinthians 13

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Originally posted by Akragon

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Bless you for the link below. This is another key to truth. What a revelation. This quote especially:

"During this period of one thousand years (the thousand year "rule of Christ"), only the evolved souls will be permitted to incarnate the Earth (Rev. 20:4). At the end of this period, the remaining souls begin to incarnate, bringing with them their unsatisfied ambitions and desires. This, of course, brings about the former conditions of imbalance."

Now, let me share a connected key. Link

Well said.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
No event in life or experience in time is wasted. The church sold indulgences, only to see the printing press bring the English Bible and seventy million people from Europe to America for freedom. Luther was the man who would have been scorned and laughed at for his actions. Instead, God used the circumstance for the good of the world. Now look at Herold Camping. This one instance, true or not, has brought the topic to the forefront of our minds on a global scale. Awareness will be used to expand consciousness. If you have read each of the entries in this thread, the links provided and opened your mind to truth, then May 21st represents a symbol to your mind of this truth. Just say May 21st in a few weeks and you will recall the truths found here on ATS.

How many people are now aware of the rapture as apposed to 10 years ago? The world is waking up to the truth. It's our job to be stars that shine in a dark place.

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by truthzouthere
reply to post by CapSolo

Here is an example of mass deception, death and hysteria: THE JONESTOWN MASSACRE... the link is:

www.infoplease.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Honestly, I'm not sure I can thank you enough for that link. It rings so very true... and ties pretty well with some of those gnostic text that were left out of the Bible (like becoming a "child"), as well as almost everyone's near-death experience, and how our "self" is the basically the entity known as "Satan."

I'm currently on Chapter 8.

Amazing stuff.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranthenae
I just hope that it isn't like someone said above, a bunch of mass suicides come the 22nd, that would be very sad.

I'm going to sound like an absolutely huge jerk for saying this, and I do realize that it is really contrary to the actual point trying to be made in this thread, but I am still just really curious. I apologize in advance for those who I do offend. Additionally, I do hope this isn't considered too far off the actual thread topic.

If this did happen, why would it be a bad thing? Why would anyone care? If you have such weak-willed people around who would commit suicide over something like this, they obviously don't have anything valuable to add to the world, and as a whole, the world is better off without them. Their simple acts prove they are out of touch with reality (again, I understand the relationship to my saying that and the original intent of this thread) and won't be missed.

Ultimately, the only effect a mass suicide will have will be a very very long list of award winners for next years Darwin Awards.

(Disclaimer: You can also say I have nothing to add to society, and you'd be right. I just don't have the guts to try suicide again. Failure sucks when you're already depressed. And I didn't say this last part trying to get sympathy or attention. I apologize if it came across that way. I'm just acknowledging that I'm nothing more important than anyone else.)
edit on 20-5-2011 by cuthbert because: added about how this might be off-topic.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

As a Christian, I can't accept that this Harold guy is good.

I may be incorrect, but i feel your opinon is based on modern pressure of such nonsense, Atheists being mentioned in the mainstream media and the fact that Atheism isn't such a "disgraceful" position anymore. If you'd lived 200 years ago, even 50 years ago, you'd probably love this guy....until May the 22nd of course.

Frauds and charalatans like this have existed throughout religious history. Anyone with an unprovable claim and some good verbal conjuring skills can gain the support of the gullible.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by UnaChispa

As a Christian, I can't accept that this Harold guy is good.

I may be incorrect, but i feel your opinon is based on modern pressure of such nonsense, Atheists being mentioned in the mainstream media and the fact that Atheism isn't such a "disgraceful" position anymore. If you'd lived 200 years ago, even 50 years ago, you'd probably love this guy....until May the 22nd of course.

Frauds and charalatans like this have existed throughout religious history. Anyone with an unprovable claim and some good verbal conjuring skills can gain the support of the gullible.
As long as one adhered to the golden rule, "stoning" atheists is stoning oneself. There are many practitioners of a religion that are hypocrites (I'm guilty of not adhering fully to it at times as well, I apologize for it though) in that they are so different from the ones they claim to believe in. As Ghandi said, "I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." A man cannot profess to have "God by his side" while holding a sword to the throat of another man.
If this was the 1800s and I believe what I believe today, which I found by listening and learning from within (I have attended a church service only a few times in life, and those times I didn't even believe in a God myself), I wouldn't pick up a stone and toss it at you. How could I? I wonder... how could anyone do such a thing? Free will is our gift, to try and strip that away from someone is a crime.

But we are maturing, yes. Also, things like the internet and improved modes of travel have connected us in a way we've never known before. We have many more multicultural countries now, we speak to people of all different walks of life and faith, and even coexist with them in most cases like in work or school.

Not to mention, making a prediction of the end goes against the Bible completely. The "end" is when our Sun expands and engulfs the Earth, and even that is not the end.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join