It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: U.S. May Try to Occupy Pakistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Just my humble opinion, but if we tried to occupy Pakistan, the poo would definitely hit the rotory oscillators.
I want so much for this not to happen.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

the US had to use the assistance of approximately 30 other countries at the time as well because we were scared to invade a third world country. Yes iraq was a developing thrid world country at the time. Yes the only reason they were invaded was because they did not have nuclear weapons, meaning pu$$ies. What the hell were we doing over their anyway? Russia/chinese wars are local which locally affects them. US wars are wars of imperialism.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The US military is a Pu$$y. That is why they only fight third world countries. Why havent they attacked germany, russia, or china? Yes they are still developing countries, but still why havent any of those countries been attacked? Oh I know why...because we americans like to pick on little helpless countires and then we think we are all big and and brag to our other marine buddies at the bar about how some towel head got sniped..yea real brave...NOT
Your myopic view of the US military obviously comes from watching Gilligans Island or ninja movies. It has no bearing in the real world. But since you see yourself as such an expert on the military what would you suggest for us?

Mod Note : ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Attack the argument made by someone not the poster .
edit on 22-5-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod edit and note

edit on 22-5-2011 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So you equate bravery with fighting a country that is a nuclear power.
Good lord!
Nukes are a political weapon Scooter, not a battlefield tool.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So you equate bravery with fighting a country that is a nuclear power.
Good lord!

Yes, even the big ole USA still needed help invading rag-tag third world Afghan:

Seriously bunch of opium farmers and the USA still needs help? Why don't the USA invade china, gimme a real war, not some baby war.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This thread is getting comical.

THE_PROFESSIONAL I think your getting "Pu$$ies" and not freaking stupid confused. I don't feel like making you look unlettered again for a third time like in threads we debated. Your speculation and lack of coherent information is your weakness, so I'm going to end it here lol.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

So your saying a bully only picks on weaker people is that right? A bully will never pick on a person who can actually fight back is that correct?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
His posts are so "out there and uninformed" that I think it might just be a gimmick account guys, probably from 4-chan or some other group to try and make ATS look bad.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

You're right. Without that guy from Lithuania, we'd have been screwed! He was our designated driver!

Good luck with the whole war with China thing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
His posts are so "out there and uninformed" that I think it might just be a gimmick account guys, probably from 4-chan or some other group to try and make ATS look bad.

What is exactly out there huh? Just cause I am stating the truth that you can't handle. The USA needed the help of the coalition forces and still have not been able to nullify afghanistan and you think pakistan will be small beans?

The US only fights countries that are weak and have no nukes. Period. History has shown this. Meaning we are pussies who only bully and pick on weaker countries. How is this "out there." Seems you can't understand the concept.

How many threads have you create that are beneficial and informative?
edit on 19-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Tell that to Japan at any point after August 6, 1945. On topic though; there has been a de facto occupation of Pakistan by the US for some time now. Where the natural resources flow, America will soon find a reason to occupy the area for the 'good of the world'.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
United States 687,105,000,000 4.7% People's Republic of China 114,300,000,000 2.2%

I would have to say SPENDING is not a problem,when your using 4.7% of the GDP.

It wouldnt be out of the realm to plant a flag in another country.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncb1397
Ron Pual is off his rocker on this one. No one is talking about invading and occupying Pakistan. It is a cheap tool to use some concocted scenario as a political tool. This is one of the worst cases of a strawman that I have seen.

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Libya is not Iraq is not Afghanistan is not Pakistan.

How is it a strawman? He is not in a direct debate with anyone, he is relaying his concerns about military intervention in Pakistan. Its funny how people call the guy a kook and insane e.c.t. He talks so much sense that people saying such things look drenched in kool-aid.
edit on 19-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I love how you use all these modern tactics and weapons to talk some courage into yourself. All of those are irrelevant if you're facing an opponent who has warfare written in their DNA. That's why you won't find the same suicide rates inside their groups as you do within the USA army. Maybe your army should let go of all these technological feats and start genetically manipulating their mercenaries to not piss their pants or go psychosis.

As if the USA will EVER survive Pakistan. If anything, Pakistan will be the last one before tensions between USA and China / Russia swirl out of control, before the US finds itself accused of terrorism, so to speak.

What I wonder is, will you then come online here to tell us all how China and Russia can pulverize the USA and all of it's 300 million inhabitants(Pakistan has billions, thanks for the consideration) in 15 minutes?

Please tell me I'm wrong
(You can't)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ncb1397

Ron Pual is off his rocker on this one. No one is talking about invading and occupying Pakistan. It is a cheap tool to use some concocted scenario as a political tool. This is one of the worst cases of a strawman that I have seen.

Exactly. Nobody, especially not a person who was a teacher of Obama at uni, EVER talked about intervention in Pakistan. Absolutely not. That kind of thing doesn't exist.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a flying elephant. I'm flying her to the moon to meet the onion people.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Perhaps it is time for Pakistan to sign up with Russia and China
with Peace, Trade, Aid, and Mutual Co-Operation Agreements.

Stop taking US Aid, and recieve it's aid from China.

Case closed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This has really heated up after the OBL affair. Interesting quote from RP in the article.

"I think the real tragedy of this is that we didn't get him 10 years ago when we could have and should have," he said.

He obviously believes OBL was killed a few weeks ago and not in 2001 or 2003 like many conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The "should" have could imply he thinks it had to be done. Who knows!
edit on 19-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I absolutely love Ron Paul, anytime you want to know what's going on in the world just watch one of his video's. Nothing but the truth from this guy. Ron Paul 2012!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The US are smart enough to realise that if they got into a war with another nuclear power, mutaul destruction will be assured and then no one wins. Doesnt make them pu***es, shows that they just dont go in guns blazing into any country, the countries that have been invaded have been carfully selected for political and economic gain, not because they are weak or poor.

If they invade a developing country then they can award themselves reconstruction contracts, test thier new weapons or systems with little risk, put someone into government that they want etc, ultimatley shaping and building the country how they want. very smart if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join