It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue planets discovered roaming the galaxy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This was featured on the news here today. Definitely some interesting stuff!
[News Article

edit on 18-5-2011 by ka0s69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Very cool, I love this kind of stuff. I would think they were ejected from orbit. I've played with some 3d models in different physical environments and it really doesn't take much for an object to be pushed off its current path.

We have so much to learn, and re-learn. I'm looking forward to the future and any drastic changes, events, in this current history.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nice Find dude. It's really cool i have to say.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yea, I see where a so-called comet is suppose to come by earth and follow us around starting on June 2nd, 2011..It is called 2009 BD and will get .09 LD in closeness to earth...Seems to follow our orbit for several months according to JPL...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
interesting

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

S&F. Read the story during some down time at work and it got me thinking. If that many planets can be tossed out during formation, there must be alot more out there than we currently estimate. Just shows the more we learn, the more we don't understand. The article I read also mentioned the possibility of them forming around brown dwarfs or some similar event. Not to ramble, but I read an article in Scientific American a while ago about the possibilty of planets forming around stars that became neutron stars,destroying the original planets in the system and over time new ones formed
. Will try to find it

Found it, but they only offer a summery unless you subscribe. Here's what they offer though.www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 18-5-2011 by JMech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I hate to do this but you're hours late.

Existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

Wow awsome I always thought it would be kool if planets like thos were discovered, like maybe if they had a huge velocity they could escape star systems gravity or join star systems eventually.

Its amazing how little we know about the universe. There are so many discoveries at the moment I cant wait till ten years time to see what we will know by then. s + f poster, good find

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: Duplicated Post

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Somebody post a link to Nature that verifies this. There is now at least 5 threads on this citing an article in Nature journal May 19th but not one single link to Nature journal!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
delete
edit on 18-5-2011 by JMech because: wrong thread

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It would appear that we have several threads on this topic today. Please carry on the discussion here. Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join