It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Thought you where trying to pick up chicks lol.

Are you sure he's not?
The thread might be BS in an attempt to discover who the single women are so he can have a crack at them in private messages.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am single.
I am not too worried though because:
I have several "equalizers" if you know what I mean and know how to use them,
blood and gore doesnt bother me much anymore,
I also have made it a point to learn self defense techniques and stay in excellent shape,
I am already bugged out for the most part

I will be a valuable member of any group because I:
am an herbalist- I know almost all the wild edibles and medicinals in my woods here and how to use them,
hunt and fish and have for years, (I hunt with both rifle and bow),
know how to tan animal skins and hides, and know the uses for all parts of the animal,
have a good amount of commodities cached, so they are nearby but not apparent,
make excellent wine,
am 50 years old so not the most "desirable" of the girlys, lol
am an excellent cook and prepare delicious game as well as other foods,
am pretty even tempered, have outgrown drama and am pretty cool in the face of tragedy and disaster.

Really, the only reason for having a man around (for me) would be for companionship...and occasionally getting the tight lids off of jars.

ETA I started preparing myself for a SHTF scenario more than 10 years ago, and have spent much time since then learning skills and preparing for the worst...it doesnt come overnight!
edit on 18-5-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm a woman and a single mom at that! I think about it more and more. Especially after I had children. My #1 priority would be to protect them.
I don't really have ANY men in my life that I could count on now that I think about it....
I have a few things stored. Water, food, various medications. I would REALLY like to purchase a gun...
I feel I'm prepared for moderate natural disasters. But if we were really going down, I'm not sure we would have enough to survive. I have nowhere to go for shelter. I've always been paranoid about Yellowstone blowing. We live too close to Yellowstone!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Where can I get one of you?
Only kidding, you would be extremely useful to any group of people.

Well done you. I feel ashamed as I'm unable to do most of that other than, knowing how to create fire and shelter and ofcourse the common sense which I was raised with, which in my case was what I can and can't eat in my 'local' area.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Elostone

Where can I get one of you?
Only kidding, you would be extremely useful to any group of people.

Well done you. I feel ashamed as I'm unable to do most of that other than, knowing how to create fire and shelter and ofcourse the common sense which I was raised with, which in my case was what I can and can't eat in my 'local' area.

I agree. I think I'm falling for the ladies of ATS!

I would consider myself lucky to be with any one of you in the SHTF scenario.

I would also be a little nervous about running into some of you in a dark alley.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"I would also be a little nervous about running into some of you in a dark alley."

If remaining people's form aboriginal tribes, like the children in Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome, I'd volunteer as the scary witch Oracle in the cave! (cackle-lol)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Every BF or husband I have had, has had to have a contingency plan before arriving home late if i am home alone. Call ahead or really loudly identify and announce your self! I will knock your # out, shoot you, take you out shins groin eyes whatever resource I have at the time. Stupid, after such discussions, one of them just had to test the grounds and sneak up on me from behind, just to see. Poor guy had to get him an ice pack and he had to explain his shiner to his buds at work. Lucky he didnt get me for spousal abuse. Warned him. He thought just because I look svelte that I was all fluff. Somehow he ended up more delusional after that. Go figure. So guys just cause a woman is lone, doesn't mean she isn't capable, it means she is more so.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're a baaaaad boy! Modeling huh? I can do all those things, AND blast my way through the zombie hoards!
Seriously though, I have male friends who I am sure would watch out for me.....but I can fire a weapon and I am good under pressure, so I think I could hold my own pretty well. Nice to know someone is looking out for you though!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Guys, I don't know what to think here... I'm starting to worry

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Guys, I don't know what to think here... I'm starting to worry

I know what you mean. Ever since I started reading more of these posts, my testicular area has slowly started to shrivel. lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
I am single.
I am not too worried though because:
I have several "equalizers" if you know what I mean and know how to use them,
blood and gore doesnt bother me much anymore,
I also have made it a point to learn self defense techniques and stay in excellent shape,
I am already bugged out for the most part

I will be a valuable member of any group because I:
am an herbalist- I know almost all the wild edibles and medicinals in my woods here and how to use them,
hunt and fish and have for years, (I hunt with both rifle and bow),
know how to tan animal skins and hides, and know the uses for all parts of the animal,
have a good amount of commodities cached, so they are nearby but not apparent,
make excellent wine,
am 50 years old so not the most "desirable" of the girlys, lol
am an excellent cook and prepare delicious game as well as other foods,
am pretty even tempered, have outgrown drama and am pretty cool in the face of tragedy and disaster.

Really, the only reason for having a man around (for me) would be for companionship...and occasionally getting the tight lids off of jars.

ETA I started preparing myself for a SHTF scenario more than 10 years ago, and have spent much time since then learning skills and preparing for the worst...it doesnt come overnight!

And we have a winner!

edit on 18-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I dont know about anyone else, but when theyres strange noises or my dogs are raising hell at night, my husband says "go check on that" lol....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Its nice to think about survival from the comfort of ones computer but do you guys really know what kind of animals will be unleashed once law and order is disolved? Not only will you have people out there that will do what they have to do to feed their family, think about the kinds of people in prison right now? If you have any idea of what prison is like, imagine no guards. I don't care what kind of Billy Bad @ss you think you are, you won't make it a week as a lone wolf. Man or woman; you better group up as soon as possible.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Its nice to think about survival from the comfort of ones computer but do you guys really know what kind of animals will be unleashed once law and order is disolved? Not only will you have people out there that will do what they have to do to feed their family, think about the kinds of people in prison right now? If you have any idea of what prison is like, imagine no guards. I don't care what kind of Billy Bad @ss you think you are, you won't make it a week as a lone wolf. Man or woman; you better group up as soon as possible.

Wow! Way to P1$$ on the Froot Loops Dude.

It WAS a fun thread.

Sometimes, ya just gotta laugh.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
women outnumber men by far globaly, asides the random hungry dogs that will arise, somehow i imagine a shtf scenario not as testosterone dominated.
if anything i can picture women grouping up like some wild amazon warriors, and picking and choosing wich men they wanna keep around, for breeding purposes, hard labour or whatever.

smart women on their own will deffo prey on that, us men expecting them to be helpless and in need...

not sayn its a bad thing, but they can all be like the black widow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

This is very important and very true.
I dont plan on being a lone wolf in a SHTF scenario.
As a female, I considered the possibility of not having a man around. That is why I felt it was important for me to have the various skill sets that would make me a valuable member of whatever group I happened to be with.
I felt that a female without something besides her body to bring to the "foxhole", as it were, would be the first to be let go. She would also be less likely to be accepted into a group of wary strangers, particularly strangers with a husband!
You can be sure that the married women in an unfamiliar group will demand that any "new" female have valuable and necessary skill sets.
JMO

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
whoops! double post!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

if its up to us men, we will wipe eachothers out in a couple days, the the women will come out and takeover the planet.

im such an alpha male as the next man says he his.

but i can also tell when im clearly outnumbered..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am a single mother. I would make my way to the family farm if possible, which is only about 40 miles. But depending on the situation, 40 miles can be a loonnggg way away with children, Otherwise, I would have to group with others ASAP to help with protection for myself and my kids and to share our survival skills.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah I know we do but my worry is people going into a scenario like Fallout 3 and decent men, women and children are killed or even worse. Just remember to use your heads and don't expect to find mercy. It will be everyone out for themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join