It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ignorance the new black?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I find it disturbing that the more I post on this marvelous site, the more I find ignorance. Unfortunately this ignorance is not ferreted away in some dark corner to be despized and hated, but out in the open and rewarded on a daily basis. It seems like, lately especially, the more ignorant, insulting, and offensive a post is, the more stars it gets, while rational, thought-filled, explanatory posts are being responded to in a virulent fashion and also not getting stars, not that thats important. I was just wondering if anyone else here had experienced that lately or if I am just going crazy? What do you guys think?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakmarine

I think people get annoyed with people arguing about known hoaxes.....i think people get annoyed having the boards filled with multiple threads about the same thing....

There has been an influx of users at the beginning of the year....id say at least 75% add nothing to this community.

If you are referring to the members that have been here a long while....if you post nonsense expect a bad response.

EDIT: You may think your being rational but others may see that as arrogance or ignorance.
Remember.....if you think your the first person to question a topic...you are very wrong.
edit on 18-5-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
absolutely
wer im from if u act dumb and do dumb things ur cool
but its making money doing dumb things that gets u respect
simple thing is back wen they wer slaves in america they wer told ther 2 stupid
to learn how to be civilized and in a case white
now u hav a black preident and congressmen
it goes to show what man can achieve in the right inviroment

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDL2011
absolutely
wer im from if u act dumb and do dumb things ur cool
but its making money doing dumb things that gets u respect
simple thing is back wen they wer slaves in america they wer told ther 2 stupid
to learn how to be civilized and in a case white
now u hav a black preident and congressmen
it goes to show what man can achieve in the right inviroment

I assume your from england with a name like EDL???
Id suggest brushing up on your spelling and grammar to avoid people pulling you up on it

Not everyone on this site is a native english speaker.....though i myself am from England.....imagine trying to read what you wrote if you didnt have a brilliant grasp of the english language....thanks

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't understand the thread title.
Is ignorance the new black?
Black what?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
by black are you referring to race or dark energy ?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

From my perspective he is referring to the color black being cool. Some people would say "(insert color here) is the new black!" Assuming that black was the original cool color. Thus things related to it are cool.

It also pertains to other things like Jolly Rogers, for example.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Deemo Diablo because: forgot a quotation mark

edit on 18-5-2011 by Deemo Diablo because: added something

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah I was using an expression. Sorry I forgot this is a very international site and people may not understand. Where I grew up people would say something like blue is the new black, meaning blue was the new cool color. The expression also applies to other things. A common saying might be Smearnoff is the new black implying smearnoff is cool. I didnt mean to offend anyone or lead anyone astray. It really is colloquial and if I can think of a new good ttle I will change it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
In my opinion yes. Ignorance is the new Pink. Since pink replaced black like 5 years ago, Duh!!!

Just look at the Culture. Insane Clown Posse and magnets. Redneck Comedy tour. Instant communication with your phone, and dumbing down the written word so that it fits on a phone easier, when it takes much more work to text a crappy message then it takes to speak the words.

People are telling each other that it's ok to be stupid, and to choose to be stupid. Because it's easier.

If you haven't yet. Watch the movie "Idiocracy". It is a true nightmare, and if current trends persist, it is headed right at us.

new topics

top topics

join