It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Channel and No Videos of Outer Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No Sources, Only my self.

I've spent some time flicking back and forth to the nasa channel every day. Not once have i ever seen a live feed of outer space or videos from the iss. All i see is a bunch of guys sitting at a desk going through paper work and using their computers.
Why is it we cannot have a live feed of outerspace. Come on, we had a semi live feed of the moon landing. Wouldnt it be great if we could look at outer space by flipping to a favorite nasa channel?
I dont think they want us seeing live feeds which is why the nasa channel never shows outer space. It bores you with interviews and live feeds of offices. BORING!
So why is it the nasa channel never shows outerspace?? Ive contemplated making this thread for weeks because i think it will get shot down but oh well. Btw, Im watchin on direct tv in IN.

My theory, Outerspace is filled with life and unexplained occurrences that they dont want you to see.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They show videos from the ISS at night. Atleast that when I watch which is not often.

You probably want the ATS STYLE answer which is.
Cover up
They are hiding aliens

Cat people?

Mmmkay

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

]post by CoachSlamYou
Not once have i ever seen a live feed of outer space or videos from the iss.

Here's one for you , live feed from the ISS
www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

My theory, Outerspace is filled with life and unexplained occurrences that they dont want you to see.

Basically I would have to say that's pretty much the reason.

NASA and its History is all too suspect and provides more questions than answers.

Anyone who believes NASA was/is for the public has been fooled.

Kind of like an Illusionist. And no, I am not a moon hoax believer.....

There is no doubt that we landed on the moon in 1969.

....of course they do have live feeds from the ISS.... the point is they could be giving us a lot more.
edit on 18-5-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

]post by CoachSlamYou
Not once have i ever seen a live feed of outer space or videos from the iss.

Here's one for you , live feed from the ISS
www.nasa.gov...

How is it I have a better pixel quality Walmart camera than NASA has for the ISS? NASA can send robots to Mars and many moons, but just can't seem to find a decent camera to use for the public.
edit on 18-5-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

Sorry, ive never seen a live feed from outside the iss..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

I agree, i think we should have a live feed of everything they are doing... Just like we shouldve had 5 days to look through bill that congress might pass... oops off topic sorry mods

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I feel you on that OP, NASA TV is absolutely worthless. I keep giving it a chance over and over, boring!!!

NASA TV = SATAN V

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why would NASA TV be any different from any other TV station?

edit on 18/5/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I don't think image quality is the problem, but the bandwidth used by a live video feed.

By reducing the image size they reduce the bandwidth needed by the video feed, living more free for other purposes.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I always turn on the NASA channel when I'm going to bed (because it's so boring, it puts me to sleep!
). When I woke up this morning they were showing...something in space. I don't know if it was the space shuttle docking at the ISS or what, but I kept seeing all kinds of little lights floating around in the darkness of space. I sometimes have to wonder if space junk can really account for all of that stuff.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why should a pathetically underfunded agency with no clear mandate or direction have to provide 24-hour entertainment for you? It's not their job.

The Office of Personnel Management has more than four times NASA's budget (source). Why don't you demand around-the-clock video monitoring of everything they do?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

OP --

I'm not sure when you were watching, but there are live feeds from the station right now (as I'm writing this). I know that I have watched before and very often seen live feeds from the station, so they do show them.

Perhaps you were watching while the ISS and shuttle crews were sleeping? The sleep schedule for the shuttle is from about 2:00 in the afternoon EDT (U.S. Eastern Daylight Time) to about 10:00 EDT at night. They are sleeping during the much of the daytime hours of the people in mission control. The ISS crew is going to sleep at around 4:30 in the afternoon EDT and waking up at 1:00 in the morning.

I suppose if you were watching while both crews were sleeping, there would not be a lot to show going on at the ISS.

edit on 5/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I don't think image quality is the problem, but the bandwidth used by a live video feed.

By reducing the image size they reduce the bandwidth needed by the video feed, living more free for other purposes.

Yeah but the zillions of dollars they have received from the public via taxes they could have allocated the proper amount of resources to handle any of those issues.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

What zillions of dollars? See my above post.

top topics

join