It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake

www.technologyreview.com

Geologists have long puzzled over anecdotal reports of strange atmospheric phenomena in the days before big earthquakes. But good data to back up these stories has been hard to come by.

Today, Dimitar Ouzounov at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Centre in Maryland and a few buddies present the data from the Great Tohoku earthquake which devastated Japan on 11 March. Their results, although preliminary, are eye-opening.

They say that before the M9 earthquake, the total electron content of the ionosphere increased dramatically over the epicentre, reaching a maximum three days before the quake

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/001d0e1b16d0.png[/atsimg]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related posts:
H.A.A.R.P. High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program
HAARP Caused Japan Earthquake : Benjamin Fulford
edit on 18-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This story has two implications. The first is that the ionosphere is giving us clues as to what is about to happen in the Earth's crust. The other idea of course would be that some force (HAARP maybe) is cooking the atmosphere and causing these massive earthquakes. The conspiracy lover in me jumped on this right away. Can you imagine the power over the world you'd have if you could create or manufacture earthquakes?

Of course looking at these statistics we could also point out that the earthquakes are happening in places that they are already likely to happen and this information in the ionosphere is just giving us an early warning if we would only pay attention to it. Either way this is pretty interesting news. Hopefully we can learn something from this and greatly improve our earthquake warning system.

www.technologyreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Most odd. The article clearly states that they used information using the DEMETER satellite. DETMETER according to their web site ceased operations in December of 2010. However, they do not state which satellite they used to get the Japan information only that DETMETER was above Haiti before that earthquake.

Link

12/2010 DEMETER last scientific commands
The final science commands established by the science ground segment at LPC2E (Chemistry and Physics of the Environment and Space Laboratory) was received on board Demeter at 9:03 on 7/12/2010. This command brought to a conclusion Demeter's Science Mission on the 9/12/2010. This was an emotional moment for all of the CNES team. The Demeter mission, the first MYRIADE microsat developed and launched by the CNES, leaves us a rich heritage of six years of data which have allowed scientists to significantly improve our knowledge of the ionosphere and to think up new experiments such as the Taranis mission. This data will continue to be used in studying the link between ionospheric perturbations and seismic and volcanic activity. The final satellite operations will begin shortly, including a procedure to burn-up remaining fuel on board and passivization of the satellite.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

What's easier?...Creating an earthquake where they do not occur often thus making it harder or toying around with areas that are already very active thus making it pretty easy and at the same time seem as though it's natural.

If I wanted to control the world's economy I wouldn't need to localize a big earthquake. I'd make it big enough to where the tsunami would wreak havoc on a place a very long way away. Not to mention places with nuclear power plants...that's like killing two birds with one stone.

But that's in a world that isn't perfect like ours...

hahahaha.

edit on 18-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
lol i posted it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Nice find!

At least this confirms that all those accounts of atmospheric phenomena before earthquakes were not the product of 'lurid and conspiratorial' imaginations, or ignorant observers as we have heard so many times.

Now we must determine which is the true nature of the phenomenon... is there a causal relationship, or is it a 'symptom' of massive tectonic forces? Sadly, the ability to use our technology for the purposes of this kind of destruction has been postulated before.

Insofar as our ability to effectively manipulate the ionosphere, I have always suspected that Tesla was correct. Which makes the matter less than anomalous and more of a potential 'coincidence' if we are meant to insist that no one would ever wield such a power with malice (or capriciously.) Unfortunately I maintain neither, and am more interested in how atmospheric research is served by sending massive amounts of energy into an unstable and dynamic (chaotic) system. But that's just me.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Another wrinkle - for conspiratorial archivists...

Japan declares Earth Sciences spacecraft lost

... The Advanced Land Observing Satellite (ALOS), also known as Daichi, went to a safe mode on April 22 when the spacecraft's solar panel stopped generating power. Efforts to restore power failed, and on Thursday controllers sent commands to the spacecraft to shut down its transmitter and drain its batteries, effectively ending the mission. ALOS, launched by JAXA in January 2006, carried visible, infrared, and radar instruments to provide imagery and other data for mapping and disaster monitoring....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reports of earthlights and other aerial phenomena, prior to earthqaukes, predate HAARP or even the use of electricity by humans.

This means its either a natural phenomena or something not human.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Reports of earthlights and other aerial phenomena, prior to earthqaukes, predate HAARP or even the use of electricity by humans.

This means its either a natural phenomena or something not human.

In that case, I wonder if it some kind of massive geographic piezoelectric effect?

Could you happen to recommend any data sources regarding early instances of this phenomenon?

I would like to research this, and any vetted starting point would be helpful...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Maxmars, here's your place to start vetting.

Link

Didn't want to edit my previous post. Here's an interview with the guy that's doing the study. This may be what they've been looking for for predicting earthquakes. I can understand his accent very well if anyone wants me to do a transcript. From about 15 minutes, the interviewer asks about the source - whether than can be more than one source (one assumes that he was leading Sergey to a HARRP question). Transcript of reply:

"Main source of the radiation is the ultraviolet radiation (from the sun). Because we have ultraviolet radiation during the day. Active solar flares, solar magnetic storms. We have information that shows us when we will have ionosphere heating from these.

The source is the same for both. We live in an electrical environment. We never think about this. But when you are standing here there is a vertical electrical field which radiates between 100 and 150 volts per meter. You have the potential standing here for 250 volts (laughter) like a power source. You don't think about it but we live in an electrical field. We also have the potential for the electrical field difference between the ground and the ionosphere. This is caused by thunderstorms."

Link

edit on 18-5-2011 by billxam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It looks as if Wikipedia has an article with some interesting links about earth-lights and earthquakes.

An earthquake light is an unusual luminous aerial phenomenon that reportedly appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity, or volcanic eruptions. Once commonly challenged, it was not until photographs were taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm in Nagano, Japan, from 1965 through 1967, that the seismology community acknowledged their occurrence

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

This info directly collaborates with HAARPs activity:

March 7th:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1936cbca84fe.png[/atsimg]
March 8th:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7463dc4f4868.png[/atsimg]
March 9th:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8582db1faf99.png[/atsimg]
March 10th:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a23845866032.png[/atsimg]
March11th:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81a392ff57d9.png[/atsimg]

then they turn it off after the big earth quake...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
S&F

Yes, if this is correct it's certainly very interesting!

They say that the 2.5 Hz radio frequency is the signature frequency of an earthquake?

(I need to find an independent source to verify if this is correct though?)

And HAARP was apparently broadcasting a 2.5 Hz frequency according to these videos:

For more information regarding this with links - click on the YouTube link.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Watching the interview in depth. He's also taking (from Japan in this instance) the ground station monitoring of the ionosphere at various points and has found that there is a rapid drop off correlation between two stations, one nearer the epicenter and one farther away.By the way, if you watch the poor clown interviewing him, he gets more and more lost as Sergey goes on about all of this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dd71d475f64.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 18-5-2011 by billxam because: added content

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Quotes from Missouri Senator Lewis F. Linn from the 1812 New Madrid quake is a good start, he reported to newspapers seeing lights in the skies.

There are quite a few reports of the lights during the New Madrid quake.

I don't know if there is definitive source for all the newspaper articles online though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Great topic!
There has been research on this before by Friedemann Freund,of NASA Ames.
He talks about VLF waves,the ionosphere and earthquakes.

VLF Waves, the Ionosphere, and Earthquakes There is some intriguing research about whether large earthquakes are associated with ionospheric changes caused by electromagnetic signals released by the crushing of rock crystalline structures. If so, then this might be a mechanism for major earthquake prediction. One of the primary researchers in this area is Friedemann Freund, of NASA Ames. He has written several articles introducing the concept of ionospheric and atmospheric changes as earthquake precursors: Stimulated infrared emission from rocks: assessing a stress indicator Predicting Earthquakes Earthquake Predictor Cracking the Code of Pre-Earthquake Signals

Since the original papers, Freund has made further progress in understanding some of the more subtle physics underlying the generation of signals prior to major seismic events: "Those signals may serve as early warning signs. Of particular practical and theoretical interest is the emission of infrared photons from the ground. These photons are non-thermal but mix with the 300 K thermal IR emission bands." Their paper (also highlighted above) describes some rather unique laboratory experiments demonstrating this stimulated (quantum-controlled) IR emission

solar-center.stanford.edu...

solar-center.stanford.edu...

A lot of info here about their research into earthquake precursors.

I know there are many who think that the HAARP magnetometer could cause earthquakes but a magnetometer is just a measuring device.
And it really interesting that the TEC was actually recored before ,during and after the earthquake in Japan.
I wonder if the have recorded any other such events around the world.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I,too would like to find out what the IRI,or,Ionospheric Research Instrument was broadcasting at.
It is said to operate at the high frequency band which is 3-30 MHZ.

That is what HAARP uses to heat the ionosphere.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Okay, so the scientists are arguing that the "coupling" relationship is one way:
Lithosphere---(radon gas)-->Atmosphere---(condensation to radon)--->ionosphere heat up

Which is a logical causal relationship.

But for the SNIP, how could the relationship be reversed? How could heating up the ionosphere effect the atmosphere to effect the lithosphere? What's the logic???

Explain yourselves SNIP.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: Courtesy is MANDATORY on ATS. Do not be rude.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Microwaves... Not just for heating food anymore.

Interesting,

IF there is anything to it, what on earth would have motive to cause such a disaster?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow, nice find. If HAARP-Manipulation is true this is exactly what one would expect to find.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join