It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Drones Becoming Pervasive INSIDE America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Coming to a police force near you!

by 2013, the FAA expects to have formulated new rules that would allow police across the country to routinely fly lightweight, unarmed drones up to 400 feet above the ground - high enough for them to be largely invisible eyes in the sky

The proposal to begin training missions there is part of a bigger push to build a drone infrastructure for flying missions throughout the United States. So new drone bases are being built. The FAA is setting aside airspace for drone flights. ***

The latest example is the amendment proposed by Senators Charles Schumer (D-New York) and Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) to the “FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Act” (S.223) that would increase the number of “National Airspace System” test sites from four to ten.

At least one of these sites would have to include a “significant portion” of public land. The Adirondacks, in Schumer’s home state, clearly fit this bill. And not surprisingly, there is also a proposal to use the Juniper Military Area, located in Wyden’s home state of Oregon, as another drone test area.

But Schumer and Wyden are, if anything, playing catch-up in a race that has already seen the establishment of unmanned aerial vehicle test and training sites at Grand Forks Air Force Base in Grand Forks, North Dakota; the National Air Intelligence Center in Springfield, Ohio; Langley AFB in Hampton, Virginia; Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City, South Dakota; Mountain Home AFB in Mountain Home, Idaho; and Whiteman AFB in Knob Noster, Missouri. ...

Although it is hard to predict where the drone infrastructure will grow, if other defense contracting projects are a reliable guide, the drone-ification of America will probably continue until there is a drone aerodrome in every state ..
And remember that Department of Defense training manuals consider protest to be "low-level terrorism". And see this, this and this. And an FBI memo also labels peace protesters as "terrorists".

Spy Drones

Now the cops want to conduct unlawful spying on you, and you can't do anything about it! Big Brother's powers are growing at an alarming rate!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is the government just as paranoid as half the people on this ats?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We already have them buzzing aroung here in south west australia, one flew over my neighbours yard approx 25 metres above the rooftops.
I believe they are looking for marijuana crops

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey! Are those locations near/within flying distance of where people have been hearing the rumbling noises? It says they fly high enough to be barely visible... I wonder if they are the source of the noise people have been hearing???

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

What do they HOPE to see? find??

i can't believe that--THAT many people, are doing things in their backyard,,
that the police should know about>>??!??!?

un lawfull BARNS?

dangerous-- parked old cars..?

noxious weeds??? no.. not pot... just blackberries and Dandelions??

i dont get it... this COSTS a-lot...

edit on 5/18/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

YAY!!!!!

coming to your neighborhood soon!!!

the new american pastime

Whack a-Drone [but don't get caught!!!
]

buy one or make your own means of whacking the drone

there is an app for flying drones

a little judicious hacking and you are now the proud owner of a new toy to take apart and experiment with!!!

Faraday cage and jamming equipment not included.

S&F

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Nope, all governments are waaaaaay more paranoid than anyone on this site! But if our politicians weren't such bold-faced liars and crooks, they'd have no reason to be paranoid!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Now the cops want to conduct unlawful spying on you, and you can't do anything about it! Big Brother's powers are growing at an alarming rate!

You are so right about that!

It almost feels like TPTB have literally declared war upon us.

All the riches in the world, all the power, all the influence. Not enough, or are they just making sure they and their ilk never lose this edge?

Madness!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Great

But....
Sounds like all the American Gun Lovers
now have something better than Clay Bird Shooting...

Nice clear night,
Sitting on the back porch,
Release the safety
Carve another X by the door.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I would never advocate illegal actions on ATS, but I can't help wondering whether certain types of electromagnetic interference might mess with spy drones. Like, for example, forms of electromagnetic interference that a clever person might be able to generate in their garage. In such a hypothetical situation, maybe the spy drones would malfunction...

new topics

top topics

join