It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Remember the important rules -

1.Cardio
2.The Double Tap - most important
3.Beware of Bathrooms
4.Wear Seat Belts
5.No Attachments
6.The “Skillet”
7.Travel Light
8.Get a Kick Ass Partner
9.With your Bare Hands
10.Don’t Swing Low
11.Use Your Foot
12.Bounty Paper Towels
13.Shake it Off
14.Always carry a change of underwear
15.Bowling Ball
16.Opportunity Knocks
17.Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18.Limber Up
19.Break it Up
20.It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21.Avoid Strip Clubs
22.When in doubt Know your way out
23.Zipplock
24.Use your thumbs
25.Shoot First
26.A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27.Incoming!
28.Double-Knot your Shoes
29.The Buddy System
30.Pack your stain stick
31.Check the back seat
32.Enjoy the little things
33.Swiss army Knife

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Guess I need to play some zombie games and get me a double barrel rifle then don't I ?

Probably just propaganda though, when have half of us believed anything the government anyway ?

A double barrel?? Oh you poor amateur. You're not going to last very long if you have to reload every 2 shots.
The real pros pack the AA-12 full auto with a 20 round drum. It's the only way you're going to remove 20 zombie heads in under 30 seconds

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That is too much to remember! A personal Top 5 should do it... I'm still considering on the last one.

Originally posted by mileslong54

1.Cardio
2.The Double Tap - most important

8.Get a Kick Ass Partner

32.Enjoy the little things

edit on 18-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This video cuts out just before the "reanimation process", but its the best zombie explanation I've seen out of any of the other genre related movies, books, etc...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

I'd love to read this article... But, FoxNews has stupid website that forces mobile phones to their mobile site on incoming links. Ugh.

On another note, preparation for a zombie outbreak really is a lot like preparing for a disaster. Usually it involves supply gathering, advanced preperation, and general readiness. Props to CDC for creativivity I guess.

link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

It wouldn't be too surprising to see some "group" come out with a "virus" that would do simuler things. After all, the brain is a very sensative piece of equipment.

Destroy the higher brain functions, logic, and reasoning.. and what are you left with? Basic animalistic behavior.

They already have, its called "TV."

link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

#5 Barricade yourselves in the "Liquor Store!"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Yeah, I've seen that movie too. Out of all the zombie humor flicks though, 'Sean of the Dead' still reigns supreme. That being said, I'm more fond of the less tongue and cheek, more based on "reality"-like stories about the Walking Dead:

-Dawn of the Dead (the orginal, not the silly remake) The whole original 'Dead' trilogy actually
-The Walking Dead (Comic series or AMC series)
-I am Legend (the Book, not the movie which were wayyyyyy different). The closest they've come was "The Last Man on Earth' with Vincent Price - 1964
-28 Days Later (which I hate to admit I like, because.... well... if you know me, you'll know why Danny Boyle, Alex Garland, and I will always have beef)
edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Big fan of George Romeo here!

Let's not forget this medium/low budget awesome classic from Italian director Lucio Fulci - ZOMBIE . Check it out it's available on Youtube [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Gquf_Pc-0]--->HERE

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Havent you guys played zombies on COD?? Why waste your ammo and money?? You will just die in the end. =)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've seen it! And I'm a fan. Some of the better looking zombies do come out the foreign flicks. Have you ever seen the Russian Aerial video of the zombie attack. Complete bs I know, but still well done bs

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But the cdc is sounding like conspiracy theorist. Strange

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

That video was circulated here at ATS by some members a couple years back. Wasn't taken very seriously though once the source was revealed. Cool nonetheless

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think this may be a tongue in cheek nod to the youtube survival community. The tactical and survival community on youtube has bee doing a "zombie apocalypse" tag game the past couple weeks and its gone viral so to speak.
In fact, I was tagged the other day and just finished my zombie apocalypse video:

www.youtube.com/user/kadyr80

Either way, I think this is where the cdc got the idea for the blog.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

Seems to me the duct tape lobbyists are at it again.

for those with weak memories:
hurricanes - duct tape
anthrax scare - duct tape
swine flu - duct tape
zombies - duct tape

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
People are playing way too many video games. There are no such things as zombies. If you read the article they admit it's a publicity stunt. Where did all the intelligent ATS people go? Did they quit? lol

I guess it's more believable than aliens.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

We should buy stock in duct tape.

It's obviously very useful

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Only necrophiliacs will need duct-tape during the zombie apocalypse.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Show me a single credible source. One of a real flesh eating zombie.

I have a very open mind. Radiation poison kills you. In the history of man not a single person has died from it and awoke a zombie. Please show me I'm wrong.

I noticed you had a site in your reply the first mention of zombies was a creation in a movie. No religion mentions one. There has never been a single documented account of one. This rage is from video games. My ten year old son plays them, it's pure fantasy.

Aliens same thing. a Movie creation. At first they were Martians remember? Well we researched Mar's and guess what. They proved their weren't any. So now they are Aliens. Look up the definition of Alien.
edit on 5/18/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join