It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

www.foxnews.com

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18/5/11 by argentus because: changed headline to reflect that of source

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Kind of tongue in cheek but still.....
It goes on to say:

The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies" much like how they appeared in Hollywood hits like "Night of the Living Dead" and video games like Resident Evil. Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+18 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm confident once a person is dead, drained of their blood and put into caskets that the likeliness of them returning to the surface of the earth is right around 0%....

Even if they did, they'd be looking for a drink of water.. Not brains.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Guess I need to play some zombie games and get me a double barrel rifle then don't I ?

Probably just propaganda though, when have half of us believed anything the government anyway ?

+62 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Pretty sure that's not what's meant by "zombie" here. It's more that your higher reasoning abilities are destroyed...actual organic brain damage. What's left is base instinctual drives. You become zombified.

Want a glimpse of what this might look like? Take a look outside for a sec. Pretty damned close.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is coming from the "center" that begged us to get our swing flu shot. What a waste of tax payer money! The CDC should be dismantled due to stupidity and for being wrong 95%+ of the time... Good post tho S+F

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Seems to me the CDC has gotten itself a great PR department. Can we now call them the Center for Disease and Comedy? I'm also wary because I believe that there is always truth in humor.

link   
I wonder why the link to the CDC blog isn't working (either from the link in the news story, or directly) ... all it does is time out. Is it getting heavy traffic, or is it a cover up? hmmmmmm...

blogs.cdc.gov...

link   
I can't believe what I'm reading lol it may sound alil contradicting as i believe aliens will one day invade, But that post is utter balls, comedy story something like the Sun newspaper would print.

link   
Great... what did they unleash this time?

Chemicals missing from Plum Island?
bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com...

lol

+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe that's why FEMA has all them there coffins?

Or maybe the AMC series "Walking Dead" is actually disclosure.

Chambers a round.

Stay frosty my friends....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If you had any doubts of the illegitimacy of the CDC, then this should be the clincher for you.
edit on 18-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You will notice there is no mention of chainsaws, armored vehicles, shotguns, swords, BARs, enough ammo to take out the neighborhood and an explosive device to take you yourself and everything within a mile when things become hopeless.

Typical liberal Zombie preparation...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You all who are going "zomg CDC fail" - know this.

This is simply a "marketing" technique. They speak of OTHER things like hurricanes/other disease/legitimate problems. Then say "To survive Apoc-Z...do like X"

Its a way to get attention....imagine you are in a situation "related to" - you'd go "Oh this is like X from zombie blog post! I remember, do Y"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If the CDC had posted just another normal "be prepared for disasters" blog posting...NO ONE would be discussing it.

This is just a creative way to get people to at least *think* about disaster preparedness.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The idea behind the campaign stemmed from concerns of radiation fears following the earthquake and tsunami that rocked Japan in March. CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told FoxNews.com that someone had asked CDC officials if zombies would be a concern due to radiation fears in Japan and traffic spiked following that mention.

"It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek campaign," Daigle said Wednesday. "We were talking about hurricane preparedness and someone bemoaned that we kept putting out the same messages."

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Zombies are a phobia of mine. Fair warning, approaching me ever in a shuffling manner while moaning brains will get your head blown off by my 12 gauge.

Im sure I will have a hard time explaining it to a judge, but so be it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
S&F just for discussing my favorite of all topics... ZOMBIES

I am the unofficial expert on all things "zombie", and I have to tell you that after years of writing about zombies and day dreaming about zombies, and even real dreaming about zombies, the outcome is always the same, and its never depicted in movies, you MOVE YO' ASS!
Hanging out in some barricaded home or mall ain't gonna cut it. Not for long at least. They, as any determined foe is want to do, will get in. 10-20lbs doesn't seem like much when its mashing up against a door, but a week, a month, a year of constant pushing will loosen some screws, some bolts, and those barricades will crumble.
While a Living Dead Zombie may be a character for fiction, the idea of someone who's mentally deranged via some exotic viral or bacterial threat is quite plausible and likely, as mankind continues to play with nature and design diseases for warfare (Plum Island, anyone?).
Hell, just the outbreak of a run of the mill fast paced lethal disease going pandemic could create zombie-like pandemonium all over the globe. As panic spreads you'll see a rise in aggressive looting for survival. This, in a way, will be far worse. Zombies are blinded by their disease, the deperate are only blind to reason.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by zillah

Funny.

I just watched Dawn of the Dead last night.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oddly enough, there are certain medical conditions, that if "evolved" enough, could lead to people acting like zombies.

Take cranial edema, or meningitis for example. IF your on an airplane, and have an undiscovered case of meningitis, and it's progressed to a point, you'll go NUTS. You'll respond violently to people.

I am, by no means, a M.D. or scientist in any way shape or form,

It wouldn't be too surprising to see some "group" come out with a "virus" that would do simuler things. After all, the brain is a very sensative piece of equipment.

Destroy the higher brain functions, logic, and reasoning.. and what are you left with? Basic animalistic behavior.

As Slayer put it.. "Stay frosty".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join